• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's some people on here that have trouble separating the Pepe of Aug-Dec with the Pepe we now see.

Recently he has shown improvement in every facet of his game. Whether Mikel has much to do with that I don't know. If he does, fair play.

Has to play all the big matches going forward. Martinelli should be the one getting the "Willian" minutes now the season is dusted
Exactly this. The difference is like two different players. He's literally gone up a level of more recently. A switch has been flicked somewhere.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
MOTM performance, so will probably get binned next match.
I said this after the last game. Was so annoyed to see that pensioner on the team sheet instead of Pepe.

Gutted he missed that sitter, but his impact on our game in those 20 minutes was way larger than Willian's impact in the 70 minutes before (don't start about that completely nondescript pass that became an assist).

He would've torn that Burnley defense apart if he had started the game. You could also see Aubameyang drift wide with Willian as false striker, but Willian is basically afraid to turn towards goal in that position, whereas Pepe could've actually done something there, actually take some players on.

say yes

forum master baiter
The only way he's going to become a fixture in the first team is if we move Saka back over to the left.

Is it worth it?

The only way he's going to become a fixture in the first team is if we move Saka back over to the left.

Is it worth it?

Think we should try him on left for the remainder of the season. If he is successful there on a constant basis we have our forward line sorted for next season, Pepe - Auba - Saka. But if not I would consider selling him. If we can get some money back and sell Laca we should be able to buy some good left wide forward, x - Auba - Saka.

GunnerShy

Think we should try him on left for the remainder of the season. If he is successful there on a constant basis we have our forward line sorted for next season, Pepe - Auba - Saka. But if not I would consider selling him. If we can get some money back and sell Laca we should be able to buy some good left wide forward, x - Auba - Saka.
I think now is the worst time to sell Pepe. We destroyed his value and he is now starting to find form and rebuild his value.

Imagine selling him at a loss and handing the money over to Edu and Kia to sort us out. We'd have Danny Drinkwater at LW

I think now is the worst time to sell Pepe. We destroyed his value and he is now starting to find form and rebuild his value.

Imagine selling him at a loss and handing the money over to Edu and Kia to sort us out. We'd have Danny Drinkwater at LW

There are enough games left to be played for Pepe to show what he got.

GunnerShy

Did he sign a 4-year deal or a 5-year deal? I think it was a 4-year deal. If we don't sell him next summer it can become very hard if he doesn't want to sign a new deal to sell him in his final year.
I believe 5 and am working on that assumption.

God help us if we paid £72m for a player for 4 years. We will still be paying him off 3 years after he has left on a free.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There's some people on here that have trouble separating the Pepe of Aug-Dec with the Pepe we now see.

Recently he has shown improvement in every facet of his game. Whether Mikel has much to do with that I don't know. If he does, fair play
It’s a shame people say this cause he didn’t even play Aug - Dec, except for Europa where he was one of the better players in the competition. It didn’t count however cause it was Molde and Rapid Vienna etc.

He calls for the ball more and points at where he wants it, but otherwise there’s been virtually zero change to his attacking game. He is doing the same stuff he’s doing now at the end of last season when he built up rhythm with Auba and Laca.

He’s added more hustle defensively but I don’t even care about that sh*t personally, that’s not how I judge forward players.

If it gets him into the team though, yeah he should keep it up I guess. Although, his season is practically done tbh bar unfortunate injuries to the front line.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It’s a shame people say this cause he didn’t even play Aug - Dec, except for Europa where he was one of the better players in the competition. It didn’t count however cause it was Molde and Rapid Vienna etc.

He calls for the ball more and points at where he wants it, but otherwise there’s been virtually zero change to his attacking game. He is doing the same stuff he’s doing now at the end of last season when he built up rhythm with Auba and Laca.

He’s added more hustle defensively but I don’t even care about that sh*t personally, that’s not how I judge forward players.

If it gets him into the team though, yeah he should keep it up I guess. Although, his season is practically done tbh bar unfortunate injuries to the front line.
Also missed 3 games due to the silly red card, it has to be added.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Also missed 3 games due to the silly red card, it has to be added.
Yup, was his shot at a clear run in the team - he blew it.

However seeing Luiz and Xhaka get integrated so quickly though, let’s not pretend the red card is why he doesn’t get minutes? Cause there’s solid options in their positions too.

Hoping Pepe is off this summer anyways, I’d rather see him play whilst Arsenal do whatever it is they think they are doing (included that last bit for my fans they love that line).

DasBootist

Yup, was his shot at a clear run in the team - he blew it.

However seeing Luiz and Xhaka get integrated so quickly though, let’s not pretend the red card is why he doesn’t get minutes? Cause there’s solid options in their positions too.

Hoping Pepe is off this summer anyways, I’d rather see him play whilst Arsenal do whatever it is they think they are doing (included that last bit for my fans they love that line).
You keep repeating this spiel about wanting Pepe to leave for his own good. As a gooner, I would much rather he stayed and became a key player for us, which I can see happening without much fuss. Lacazette and Aubameyang shouldn't start together, Willian has been a flop, Nelson isn't trusted. So that leaves Saka and Pepe as the most viable options to play alongside Aubameyang.

Pepe should be a nailed on starter by the start of next season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I said this after the last game. Was so annoyed to see that pensioner on the team sheet instead of Pepe.

Gutted he missed that sitter, but his impact on our game in those 20 minutes was way larger than Willian's impact in the 70 minutes before (don't start about that completely nondescript pass that became an assist).

He would've torn that Burnley defense apart if he had started the game. You could also see Aubameyang drift wide with Willian as false striker, but Willian is basically afraid to turn towards goal in that position, whereas Pepe could've actually done something there, actually take some players on.
We have a run of games in a short period of time, the boss is rotating the squad. It's perfectly acceptable that he plays Wilian Sat and Pepe in the significantly more important game Thurs don't you think?

But if he starts Willian Thursday........:eek:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So if we to back to the Chelsea game which is the turning point, Pepe started the two fa cup games and the United game and was basically average offensively but was evidently working harder off the ball.

The turning point came against Southampton where he scored and looked very good from the left. He played the whole United game and was okay, but then scored a stunner vs wolves. So 2 out of 3 were really good games. He then played vs Villa and didn't score, got dropped for Leeds and we won, and everyone thought he was being rested. Not the case. He didn't play in either of the Benfica matches but played in the City loss. He then starred vs Leiciester and was motm in my opinion and got dropped for Burnley.

Now as it stands he has been dropped. If he plays on Thursday you can say he was rested. However, the last time we thought he was rested vs Leeds, he was in fact dropped. When you add that Willian playing simple passes for assists will have Arteta looking at data and trying to justify him starting in comparison to Pepes miss then I can see Pepe being on the bench Thursday.

Pepe seems really popular. If he doesn't start Thursday it begs the question, what does he have to do to get regular game time? The bar seems lower for certain players.

I am not a statistical expert, but in order for Pepe to get 2 games in a row, he needs to basically be motm in one of them. It's like he has to play 3 times better in order to get consecutive starts. Willian came on vs Benfica and got an assist. He then got two starts in a row vs Leicester and Burnley. A good game for Willian is providing a simple pass that results in an assist. Pepe is a match winner.

I am keeping a close eye on Thursdays line up.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Did he sign a 4-year deal or a 5-year deal? I think it was a 4-year deal. If we don't sell him next summer it can become very hard if he doesn't want to sign a new deal to sell him in his final year.

Even if you wanted to you can't sell Pepe this summer. No one has any money, who's gonna offer even 30-40m for Pepe? Clubs aren't gonna take risks like that in this market. Pepe, Saka and Willian will be our main wide options next season, there's not gonna be a big change, so just gotta make it work.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You keep repeating this spiel about wanting Pepe to leave for his own good. As a gooner, I would much rather he stayed and became a key player for us, which I can see happening without much fuss.
Nope, the club and the fans fully deserve to finish 10th or wherever and they fully deserve Willian in my honest opinion.

The younger players who can’t get into this side despite our poor season or questionable personnel if they are smart, they would bounce.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

PL 19/20: P:31 G:5 A:6
PL 20/21: P:19 G:5 A:0

£72m for 16 G/A in 50 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom