• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Have emotionally checked out with Pepe to be honest. Past caring. He was my guy for 18 months, but seeing ESR and Saka do more in less time has made me question Pepe a bit. I've ran out of excuses for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Have emotionally checked out with Pepe to be honest. Past caring. He was my guy for 18 months, but seeing ESR and Saka do more in less time has made me question Pepe a bit. I've ran out of excuses for him.
Smart move! I don't think other players did more, think they've all had ups and downs but it's understandable that local boys will always be more liked by the fans, and at least with them there is never that discussion about their price tag.

The club is slowly killing any joy I have left for football. Pepe, Martinelli, Saliba, Nelson, Balogun, Douzi... It's naive to think that only Pepe has problems at this club, or that he is to blame for the position he is in atm

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Unreal hard hitting truth from Carragher, it's just the harsh reality. Think a good summer window for us is depended on us finding a buyer for him, but unfortunately think he is here for the long haul.
He'll have two years left on his contract so either way, a decision of sorts will be made.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah, unfortunately, Carragher is spot on. Pepe has had endless chances to prove himself. It just hasn't worked out and at some level, we have to admit he just isn't good enough.

Don't get why some can't admit this. Better players than Pepe struggled to adapt in the EPL. Forlan, Di Maria and Kagawa all had issues adapting. It's best for Pepe's career and for the team that he gets the opportunity to go save his career in another league or many in another club in the EPL.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I’m not involved anymore. He won’t be given opportunities even if playing well and it only takes one bad performance for all the criticism to come back.

The athletic posted a ‘tactical analysis’ piece showing that he was ignored in the build up play and only targeted from long goal kicks yet he still gets the most criticism of any player in a game where we were completely dominated.

Pepe is the new A-M scapegoat so there’s no point defending a player when they reach that status on here. You know it’s over when Jamie Carragher’s opinion is being posted on here. Same guy who put Salah in his top 10 greatest PL strikers lost and left off RvN. 🤣

I wish Saka had played, apparently he would have single handedly fixed everything that was wrong with Saturday’s performance. 😅

This has nothing to do with Saka. So you're going to say that Carragher has an agenda against Pepe too? I want to also see Martinelli and Nelson get chances. The fact of the matter is that some of you so badly wanted to defend Pepe from the mob that you felt were overly critical of him that you started to overrate his actual ability. With the way some of you talk about Pepe you would think he was prime Rivaldo. I still say Newcastle version of Ben Arfa was more gifted and fun to watch than Pepe.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This has nothing to do with Saka. So you're going to say that Carragher has an agenda against Pepe too? I want to also see Martinelli and Nelson get chances. The fact of the matter is that some of you so badly wanted to defend Pepe from the mob that you felt were overly critical of him that you started to overrate his actual ability. With the way some of you talk about Pepe you would think he was prime Rivaldo. I still say Newcastle version of Ben Arfa was more gifted and fun to watch than Pepe.
It goes to extremes in both directions.

He is actually not fun to watch, I find him frustrating even when I like the player. but the fact is that he offers 15 goals per season from a wide position if he plays full time.
The closest comparison would be Walcott who was just as frustrating as Pepe is (although in different ways), but he was able to add end product to our game which is also the biggest strength of Pepe. With both players, you have to accept their weaknesses and play them only for their end product.

Just as some other guys did, it's time for me to check out from this thread simply because the manager will never give him consistent game time to settle in this team. All the discussions are pointless because of that. Just by looking at all the support Willy gets from Arteta in every interview, even when he was rubbish throughout the season, makes me sick when you compare it to what's happening to Pepe. There is absolutely no interest from the club to make Pepe work

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What are you talking about? Carragher is an idiot you know. He rated Salah as the 7th best PL striker ever and said TAA should go to the Euros as a central midfielder over James Ward Prowse. This has nothing to do with Saka, if you could ****ing read all I said is that the Liverpool result would have been the same if he played. **** sake.

You’re part of the mob who came crawling out of the woodwork when we got spanked by Liverpool but stayed quiet when he was actually playing well, I don’t have to respond to you as your agenda is clear. Two things are clear now, Arteta didn’t give Pepe starts/minutes when he deserved them, Arteta isn’t a coach that gets the best out of his attacking players. Despite this he’s our third most productive player in a side that struggles to score goals.

If you still want to write off a player knowing those two things then more power to you. Idc.

Last edited:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Pepé just lacks football IQ imo, this kills all the expectation that we could have in a player. He is a 25-30M player.

So it would be Pepe + 70-75 M for Sancho? I would. In fact it is Sancho, so at any price.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should change to a 3-4-3 now with Tierney out for a bit, feel it would get the best out of Nico, get him closer to the goal.

Backing Pepe to carry us to the Europa League trophy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom