• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Love Pepe but he has been ****ed by Arteta.
Yesterday's goal just put him clear of Auba, he's got the 2nd highest non pentalty goals + assists per90 min in the entire squad. It's actually baffling how he's treated like some youth product still trying to establish himself.

Feel like any other manager would maybe...play him more and see if he can produce at the same rate?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe never forcing Arteta to keep picking him he starting him against Olympiakos and Liverpool and he stinks he come against westham yesterday against tired legs he destroy them just these things will never make the manager trust you. Pepe performance this season been much better but being our record signing you'd expect hell alot more of 2 good performance from 5.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yesterday's goal just put him clear of Auba, he's got the 2nd highest non pentalty goals + assists per90 min in the entire squad. It's actually baffling how he's treated like some youth product still trying to establish himself.

Feel like any other manager would maybe...play him more and see if he can produce at the same rate?
You know Trilly.

In almost every Arsenal podcast I've listened to this season; Arsecast, Arsenal Vision, The Arsenal Opinion even the Tuesday Club (though Alan doesn't like Pepe), they've all mentioned how underwhelming Willian has been and quite a number of them question him continuing to be picked over other players.

Yet ONLY IN THIS FORUM will you have people bringing out all kinds of BS to justify Willian given chance after chance.

And it's fine that Pepe isn't not given a proper and consistent run because clearly he's not good enough right? I mean he probably saved our bacon yesterday, but clearly he's not worth the effort right?

Fkin ridiculous.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

He is 20+ goals per season player, coming from a wide position.

Played 1/3 of the full minutes available in the PL, scored 5, so let's say (almost) full time brings him to 10-15 in the PL, not Salah level, but still respectable.

You add domestic cups and the EL (or any international cup), we get to 20 goals or more, which is something considering how crapy this team actually is.

So yeah, maybe the idea is that he has to flop, because otherwise, don Raul would be proven right, which is something Edu or Arteta can't allow. Pepe was the big investment from don Raul here, Douzi and Torreira were both dumped, so you have to wonder if there's something more to it

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Pepe never forcing Arteta to keep picking him he starting him against Olympiakos and Liverpool and he stinks he come against westham yesterday against tired legs he destroy them just these things will never make the manager trust you. Pepe performance this season been much better but being our record signing you'd expect hell alot more of 2 good performance from 5.
Football is a simple game sometimes Yousif. Goals (and assists) win you games. Play the players who get you the most goals and assists. Pepe can't be good every game , he's not Lionel fricking Messi, and including the Liverpool game is just unfair.

You're also neglecting the learning effect which is a proven concept. Pepe is the 2nd most productive player in the squad yet is on limited minutes. If you give him more minutes he, in theory, should produce at an even greater rate than he was before as he gets more comfortable on the pitch and with his teammates. Arteta is letting some kind of personal vendetta/prefrence get in the way.

Play your most productive players. It's that simple.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Played 1/3 of the full minutes available in the PL, scored 5, so let's say (almost) full time brings him to 10-15 in the PL, not Salah level, but still respectable.
I'd add on another 5 if we actually had a good manager. When a consistent WC goalscorer like Auba is struggling to hit 20 league goals then you know the attack isn't working.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

9e1276c040229e672ca238f24204a30d.gif

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
You know Trilly.

In almost every Arsenal podcast I've listened to this season; Arsecast, Arsenal Vision, The Arsenal Opinion even the Tuesday Club (though Alan doesn't like Pepe), they've all mentioned how underwhelming Willian has been and quite a number of them question him continuing to be picked over other players.

Yet ONLY IN THIS FORUM will you have people bringing out all kinds of BS to justify Willian given chance after chance.

And it's fine that Pepe isn't not given a proper and consistent run because clearly he's not good enough right? I mean he probably saved our bacon yesterday, but clearly he's not worth the effort right?

Fkin ridiculous.

I don't think many people on this forum actual supported the Willian signing. The man is 32 years old and relied a lot on his athleticism to be effective in his prime. Unless people are trolling, no one is saying Willian should continually be picked over Pepe. I also want to see Reiss Nelson and Martinelli get some game time. I only get involved in any of these conversations when people on here try to compare Saka and Pepe. One is a 19 year old academy product who has been the most consistent player for the team throughout the season, another one is the most expensive transfer in club history is meant to be in his prime years.

Iceman10

Established Member
You know Trilly.

Fkin ridiculous.

If ESR, Saka, and Ødegaard are all fit and available I would select that trio for a big match (ESR as LW) where there are no rotation considerations, but Pepe and Martinelli would be my next choices for consideration after this trio, and if there is any transfer mistake to correct it would be that of selling Willian this summer to provide some opportunity for Reiss in the same way selling Laca would provide some opportunity for Balogun.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Could read that as he's going to be used as a "supersub" or he may actually have forced his way into starting line up. Surely if he wants him to be consistent that would suggest giving him a run as a starter but with Arteta you never know.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If ESR, Saka, and Ödegaard are all fit and available I would select that trio for a big match (ESR as LW) where there are no rotation considerations, but Pepe and Martinelli would be my next choices for consideration after this trio, and if there is any transfer mistake to correct it would be that of selling Willian this summer to provide some opportunity for Reiss in the same way selling Laca would provide some opportunity for Balogun.
Neither of them can provide as many goals as Pepe can, which should make him a starter.

Let's say Auba as a CF and Pepe taking LW (or switching with Saka on the right), that's two reliable goalscoring sources, and we add Ødegaard and Saka for the rest, both players adding much needed quality in possession. You are left with ESR and Martinelli as rotation options and ditching Willian and Laca is a no brainer from now on.
I think it's simple as that, every other combination just breaks the balance either in creativity or goalscoring.

We can discuss all day long if someone likes Pepe or Auba as players (I don't like Auba that much for example), both have flaws in their game, but the fact is, they are the only 2 players you can trust to add enough goals throughout the season

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe looks so strong these days. Like its physically so hard to knock him of the ball and he is easily out best header of the ball.

I'd love to see him as a CF. He has the pace to run in behind, the close control. The ability to turn and run at the opposition, the ability to play people on, create space for a shot and he can finish.

No chance of that happening though.

GunnerShy

Pepe looks so strong these days. Like its physically so hard to knock him of the ball and he is easily out best header of the ball.

I'd love to see him as a CF. He has the pace to run in behind, the close control. The ability to turn and run at the opposition, the ability to play people on, create space for a shot and he can finish.

With the league season a write off I'd like them to try it. If he is decent in that position it makes the idea of selling Laca and not replacing this season to focus on other positions more viable.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

With Arteta? Ha.

He'll try weird ass sh!t like Lacazette @ 10 or Willian as a CF, so long as it involves an old, slow player he's game.

Try something with actual imagination and it's a bridge too far for his "non-negotiable", Pep wannabe *ss.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Arteta? Ha.

He'll try weird ass sh!t like Lacazette @ 10 or Willian as a CF, so long as it involves an old, slow player he's game.

Try something with actual imagination and it's a bridge too far for his "non-negotiable", Pep wannabe *ss.

He is more worried about being proven wrong with his initial thinking than actually taking into account what would happen if he made a different decision.

For example, if he tried Martinelli or Pepe at 9 and it worked, he is thinking about Auba and Willian. Two decisions he made. Yet the fans wouldn't care. They would love that it worked.

It's pretty clear his ego dictates everything. In the press conference he talked about Willians potential and what he could do. At this point, not starting Martinelli is the hill he is going to die on.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah great balance , shrugged of Zima and then dinks the keeper in nearly the same motion.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Really baffling why he slows his play down do much. Almost like he overthinks everything.

Will probably get a run in the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom