• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A lot of assumption here. Last time Pepe complained about his bench role, he started and got sent off. He probably learned not to do that again.

You Arteta guys are so quick to credit everything good Pepe does to the manager.

How do we know a lot of his motivation could be professional pride being dented due to teenagers upstaging him for periods of the season?
Pires coming out and saying he’s not suited to the league?

But no, let’s immediately credit his uptick in form on Arteta’s amateur Jedi mind tricks. 🙄

This forum man.
Oh so now you’ve come around to Pepe not being some head case who spirals into a deep trauma when he’s not starting a game ( Glad you listened!) you’ve conveniently switched to the possibility of him being a tower of mental fortitude all along and is actually motivated by adversity and disappointment. As long as it has nothing to do with man management eh? 🤣

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s not worth it. He’s too far gone to recognise anything positive that might be the managers doing. Not happy when Pepe is struggling and not happy when he’s flying. Gives the impression something else is the problem... @Riou nailed it earlier.
Stop twisting my words, I disagreed with the nonsense @LG10 posted not Pepe’s role in the team.

Why does my lack of ratings for Arteta trigger you so much? Get off my case.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Stop twisting my words, I disagreed with the nonsense @LG10 posted not Pepe’s role in the team.

Why does my lack of ratings for Arteta trigger you so much? Get off my case.
Nothing to do with your ‘lack of ratings for Arteta’ straw man. It’s just the blatantly disingenuous stuff that i tend to question. If that’s what a topic brings out in a style of posting, it’s best to alleviate yourself of the gymnastics required and not post the stuff!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

@Jury is obsessed with you ffs.
tenor.gif

@Macho right now lol.....

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Defo the latter imo.

Im partially on the wind up, I’ve acknowledged that Arteta’s coaching has helped Pepe for the better (in terms of discipline and efficiency).

However it’s not by force I have to like Mikel’s interviews and I can question his man management. Not that Mikel did anything wrong here, his quotes just irked me a bit. Maybe Pepe likes this like @Blood on the Tracks said? Who really knows.
Ok I missed this reply to me earlier. Fair enough, we’ll leave it that 👍🏼

mirrorstare

Had a good chance but Areola made a superb save, unlucky. Other than that didn't influence the game as much as I liked but it was a tough task with the plan being "please score somehow"

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Such a shame his header was saved but apart from that, he couldn't get in to the game with the personnel and tactics we had.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes him Partey didn't make huge difference but unlucky not to score
There are 20 minutes to go with subs going on and players faking injuries all the time. The rest of the action is wishful crosses in the box crowded with 9 defenders.

If Arteta wants Pepe to make an impact from the bench, he should bring him around the 50th minute.

It's a rubbish management, nothing new at Arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There are 20 minutes to go with subs going on and players faking injuries all the time. The rest of the action is wishful crosses in the box crowded with 9 defenders.

If Arteta wants Pepe to make an impact from the bench, he should bring him around the 50th minute.

It's a rubbish management, nothing new at Arsenal
Arteta and his subs always piss me off after the 1st half him and Partey should come on at start of 2nd half.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta and his subs always piss me off after the 1st half him and Partey should come on at start of 2nd half.
Unrelated to this thread, but yeah Arteta's subs are closer to Wenger's than Emery's interestingly enough. Someone on here went mad on me for saying this (surprise surprise :rolleyes:) but those drinks breaks really benefited Arteta cause he could grab the players and get his message across - which can be better than a sub sometimes.

Emery rarely got the starting 11 right but his half time/mid game subs were very good.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Unrelated to this thread, but yeah Arteta's subs are closer to Wenger's than Emery's interestingly enough. Someone on here went mad on me for saying this (surprise surprise :rolleyes:) but those drinks breaks really benefited Arteta cause he could grab the players and get his message across - which can be better than a sub sometimes.

Emery rarely got the starting 11 right but his half time/mid game subs were very good.
Yes Arteta remind me of Wenger he just stubborn about keeping faith on players on pitch that not doing much.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A manager discovering what makes a player tick... A most un-manager like practice. I guess you have to be a manager for longer before you're allowed to start speaking and acting like one...
Damn, yeah you’re right.

Spending 200kpw on Willian and starting him over Pepe at the start of the season until he had to undeniable stink the place out before getting dropped...was just Arteta making Nico tick.

Pepe getting sent off v Leeds and Arteta throwing him under the bus on Sky, saying he let the entire team down...was just now he makes him tick?

Pepe playing well then being shunted out of the side (and a working system) to squeeze in loanee Ødegaard...was just Arteta trying to make Nico tick.

He’s so good at getting players to tick isn’t our Mik? Look at our squad, look at all the players he has ticking...oh wait.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Damn, yeah you’re right.

Spending 200kpw on Willian and starting him over Pepe at the start of the season until he had to undeniable stink the place out before getting dropped...was just Arteta making Nico tick.

Pepe getting sent off v Leeds and Arteta throwing him under the bus on Sky, saying he let the entire team down...was just now he makes him tick?

Pepe playing well then being shunted out of the side (and a working system) to squeeze in loanee Ödegaard...was just Arteta trying to make Nico tick.

He’s so good at getting players to tick isn’t our Mik? Look at our squad, look at all the players he has ticking...oh wait.
I’ll let you beat yourself with two questions. Answer them honestly and then go back to bed.

1. Is Pepe in the best form he’s ever been in for Arsenal? Yes or no.

3. Individually and irrespective of results, tell me ONE player in our midfield and attack who isn’t currently in good form. Dont lie now...

I’m a fan of Pepe but he hadn’t done enough prior to Willian joining to warrant game time over him. You could easily argue that signing Willian has lit a fire under Pepe.

Also why mention Ødegaard? That’s an example of a great opportunistic loan that has served us great in the EL.

No, the fact that Pepe is currently the player he is renders all your criticism null and void—it really is as simple as that. The journey might not have been as scenic as you’d have liked on a personal level, but the player is thriving.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ll let you beat yourself with two questions. Answer them honestly and then go back to bed.

1. Is Pepe in the best form he’s ever been in for Arsenal? Yes or no.

3. Individually and irrespective of results, tell me ONE player in our midfield and attack who isn’t currently in good form. Dont lie now...

I’m a fan of Pepe but he hadn’t done enough prior to Willian joining to warrant game time over him. You could easily argue that signing Willian has lit a fire under Pepe.

Also why mention Ödegaard? That’s an example of a great opportunistic loan that has served us great in the EL.

No, the fact that Pepe is currently the player he is renders all your criticism null and void—it really is as simple as that. The journey might not have been as scenic as you’d have liked on a personal level, but the player is thriving.
A player playing well doesn't automatically mean his manager is the reason for that? The true answer lies somewhere in between, some players need the manager's influence more than others to get their best performances out.

I mentioned Ødegaard because it's yet another example of Pepe having to force Artete to play him, I don't know why you have the blinkers on when it comes to this. Arteta has tried to bury Pepe repeatedly. He signed Willian to replace him, then when Willian stunk the place out we signed Ødegaard, shunted ESR outwide and benched Pepe.
This is outrageous. So the Chelsea guy (whose motivation for coming here is questionable) with almost identical overall stats to Pepe somehow deserved game time over him? Why? So we signed a guy on 200kpw to light a fire under someone?

Your entire argument is that Arteta hasn't treated Pepe unfairly this season? If you don't want to see what's right in front of you then I can't help you. Just because he's playing well doesn't justify Arteta's BS.
We just drew to Fulham at home....are you high? Partey hasn't reached the heights we hoped, Ceballos has had a poor season, Auba is having his worst season in something like a decade, Willian has fallen off a cliff, Elneny is Elneny.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
There seems to be a direct correlation between people who think Pepe is a top player and want Arteta out.

Pepe is a very average "flair" winger. Zaha and St Maximin have much more refined technique than this guy. He can't shoot for toffee which is why he is more dangerous on the left where he can flash balls across the box.

He doesn't look after the ball anywhere near well enough and when you're trying to retain possession to build pressure on a low block team the last thing you want is a winger with a touch as loose as Katie Price's undercarriage turning the ball over and setting up counter opportunities for the other team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No Laca and Auba for Friday...

@Trilly time for Nico to become the Henry-esque striker, that Arsenal fans deserve :shivering:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom