• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
You wrote like 7 essays about me you weirdo you’re the one who’s obsessed.
Flatter yourself much mate 😂

This is a football forum, I write about football. You're not that interesting. People like yourself desperate to cast themselves as woke social justice warriors on online forums typing at their keyboards are the most common thing there is nowadays. I would never write about something so boring, as much as your ego would probably enjoy / need that, it seems 😬

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why am I not surprised that this thread has grown the most of any player thread, people always waiting to stick the knife in and I’m talking about you @Taylor Gang Gunners.

Villarreal did a proper job on us but it’s fine let’s go back to our trusty scapegoat while ignoring the ineffectiveness of our usual favourites. Saka has been poor for weeks now while Pepe has been playing out of position (no he’s not fxcking better on the left) without an overlapping full back.

But yeah, sell for 30M. Christ.

(yep trusted members don’t agree on everything btw)

p.s. if Pepe is a flop then so is pulisic. 2 mins of research would tell you that, if I see that comparison again I swear.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Why am I not surprised that this thread has grown the most of any player thread, people always waiting to stick the knife in and I’m talking about you @Taylor Gang Gunners.

Villarreal did a proper job on us but it’s fine let’s go back to our trusty scapegoat while ignoring the ineffectiveness of our usual favourites. Saka has been poor for weeks now while Pepe has been playing out of position (no he’s not fxcking better on the left) without an overlapping full back.

But yeah, sell for 30M. Christ.

(yep trusted members don’t agree on everything btw)

p.s. if Pepe is a flop then so is pulisic. 2 mins of research would tell you that, if I see that comparison again I swear.

Don't think Pepe is a flop. He has def been mismanaged by Arteta, but I see him as a Walcott type of player. Not exactly the same style as Pepe is better on the ball, but end product players, but frustrating to watch play most of the time. I saw Ramsey the same way too, obviously had some talent, but I always felt he was so overrated. His touch, passing and positioning always left much to be desired. I will always give Saka a pass as he is still just a kid, who has also been mismanaged and ran to the ground. Saka runs the risk of being burnt out by the time he is like 23 if care is not taken.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don’t get me wrong, he didn’t have a good game

But some of you need to just admit you’ve made your mind up about the player rather than living in denial and waiting for the odd bad game to stick the knife in. It’s so apparent with the backhanded praise and such even when he is playing well.

The price tag and/or early performances have almost irreversibly made you write off the player and that’s fine.

If this is post is for you then it’s for you, don’t quote me.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don't think Pepe is a flop. He has def been mismanaged by Arteta, but I see him as a Walcott type of player. Not exactly the same style as Pepe is better on the ball, but end product players, but frustrating to watch play most of the time. I saw Ramsey the same way too, obviously had some talent, but I always felt he was so overrated. His touch, passing and positioning always left much to be desired. I will always give Saka a pass as he is still just a kid, who has also been mismanaged and ran to the ground. Saka runs the risk of being burnt out by the time he is like 23 if care is not taken.
Agree for the most part Geo. I feel like I’m forced to mention Saka because at the end of the day once you’re on that pitch you’re judged on your performances and they’re not adjusted due to age.

The difference in reactions to performances from both players is staggering.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Agree for the most part Geo. I feel like I’m forced to mention Saka because at the end of the day once you’re on that pitch you’re judged on your performances and they’re not adjusted due to age.

The difference in reactions to performances from both players is staggering.

Yet the performances should be adjusted by age............ Saka is still very young and will probably improve a lot in the future. Pepe is no longer that young and what we see from him now is what we are going to get for the rest of his career. If Pepe can't be producing consistently and maturely by now then why do you think he ever will?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don’t get me wrong, he didn’t have a good game

But some of you need to just admit you’ve made your mind up about the player rather than living in denial and waiting for the odd bad game to stick the knife in. It’s so apparent with the backhanded praise and such even when he is playing well.

The price tag and/or early performances have almost irreversibly made you write off the player and that’s fine.

If this is post is for you then it’s for you, don’t quote me.

Same could be said about you though. You’ve made up your mind that he’s great and no amount of bad performances will sway that and it’s never his fault anyway so anyone who calls him out is being unfair.

He’s rubbish, 72m on a player that gives you 4/10 performances every week. If we sold him for 20m we wouldn’t miss him at all, he’s poor.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Yet the performances should be adjusted by age............ Saka is still very young and will probably improve a lot in the future. Pepe is no longer that young and what we see from him now is what we are going to get for the rest of his career. If Pepe can't be producing consistently and maturely by now then why do you think he ever will?
He produced consistently and maturely on France 2 years ago.
He arrived to a dysfunctional team with a manager that did not want him who then gets replaced by a manager who apparently wanted him even less. Expecting consistency is unfair when half of the time he plays well he gets benched.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Won't go too deep into his game last night, the whole team was dreadful and he was no better than others.

Looking outside of that, I'm probably the only person here saying he is not a good option for the LW. OK, he scored/assisted a goal or two with his right foot, but his strongest asset is his shooting coming from the right side.

Looking at him for the past 2 seasons, I'd say he will be some version of Walcot, scoring some 15 goals a season but not adding much else, which is still OK for me.

Looking forward, the new manager will either have to sell him and take a financial hit or move Saka to AMC (now that MO is leaving) and move Pepe back to the right. What Arteta did this season with Pepe was simply * with a lot of inconsistency, lack of support, and always shuffling everything around him

Moah

I don't care what anyone says about him anymore, tbh. There will be a new manager and he starts from zero. He will need to show his worth once Arteta is gone. All the leverage he had will be gone with Arteta for me.

He will need to step up big time next season.(If we get a new manager)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I literally compared them both a few pages back there’s nothing between them :lol:

People just chat sh*t or have their mind made up at this point and that’s their choice.

He’s low-key been one of our better players for a while now, whilst favourites like Saka or ESR have done nothing for ages outside of Slavia Prague. There’s no point arguing it anymore.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Same could be said about you though. You’ve made up your mind that he’s great and no amount of bad performances will sway that and it’s never his fault anyway so anyone who calls him out is being unfair.

He’s rubbish, 72m on a player that gives you 4/10 performances every week. If we sold him for 20m we wouldn’t miss him at all, he’s poor.
Difference is you’re chatting ****, I’ve never said he’s great. I’ve also acknowledged that while he’s doing okay now, he’s still not doing as good as he should do and that I hope it would happen under a new manager.

You quoted my post as you clearly felt targeted, at least stick to facts when you reply. Next time I’ll just air you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom