• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I could see Pepe turning into an end product machine, one or two touches from goal and bang either score or set them up. He’s got a hell of a left foot and we know he scores goals. Question is whether Micky Arts ever sets us up in a way to get the best out of him,

Yeah, he's more of a wide forward than a winger. You want him with the ball at his feet on the edge of the penalty area, you don't really want him with the ball at his feet on the touchline.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
End of the day I know people don't like him etc, you can turn the numbers sideways or however you like, Pepe giving the ball away the most is clearly exaggerated. He's not even the worst in this team in that regard - plain and simple really.
I actually don't like it, it only means that he is too passive. You want him to take more risks, but I can already see the negative impact from the current coaching team, he doesn't do stuff he was doing in his first season for us. He still does score goals, but I feel like his development is going in the wrong direction.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, he's more of a wide forward than a winger. You want him with the ball at his feet on the edge of the penalty area, you don't really want him with the ball at his feet on the touchline.
It's frustrating to see our RB's going inside and Pepe staying on the touchline knowing what he can do on the edge of the penalty area. Saka doing the same so it makes me think that those are instructions from master Arteta.
Would love to see an attacking RB on the overlap next season with Pepe being closer to the goal, but this season feels like sabotage from Arteta and I simply can't trust him that he will do reasonable things next season

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I actually don't like it, it only means that he is too passive. You want him to take more risks, but I can already see the negative impact from the current coaching team, he doesn't do stuff he was doing in his first season for us. He still does score goals, but I feel like his development is going in the wrong direction.
It's the only way to be a starter here unfortunately.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s clearly a confidence player when he’s on form he’s pulling off tricks and flicks and beating cats for fun all over the pitch. When he’s off form he can’t control a ball to save his life or even beat one player. Problem is how do you build up any sort of confidence in an Arteta team? Man be in and out of the team seemingly based on a random number generator that goes off in the managers head before team selection.

Moah

Exactly this. If you remember, on his debut, he came of the bench and skinned Ben Mee with his first touch. There were many highlights of only his first half of the season where he was dribbling past players for fun.

Then came Mikel and Willian with their back passes and he had to adapt to that to get minutes. It looks like he can't dribble past one player these days and I blame Arteta's so called "development"of him for that.

I don't see Pepe developing now, I see him adapting to what is deemed right by lego man.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
lets be real Pepe flopped, can be valuable bit part but dissapointing waste of 72 million
Don't think anyone here is saying the money was well spent, the question is whether he is a talented player that is worth persisting with now that we have him. I would say yes. He at least needs an extended run on that left hand side.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
a **** manager makes all players look ****. This season is a prime example... not one player has come out looking good.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Said he wasn’t a b*m got laughed at, said he would get better with a run of games got laughed at.

Said Arteta would realise he’s wasted on the left and move him back to the right, that’s happened too.

Said he’d go up another level or two under a better manager/in a better attack. Let’s wait and see. 👀

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
This season he's really upped his work rate defensively, puts a real shift in. Something I noticed a lot more tonight was that he was going attempting crosses with his right foot. Just a small thing but something that will keep defences guessing what he's going to do. He's so dangerous when he plays really direct like the 2nd goal. Has to be a starter next season for me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This season he's really upped his work rate defensively, puts a real shift in. Something I noticed a lot more tonight was that he was going attempting crosses with his right foot. Just a small thing but something that will keep defences guessing what he's going to do. He's so dangerous when he plays really direct like the 2nd goal. Has to be a starter next season for me.

Willian will start over him and you know it.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Great goals today, possibly the best finisher at the club, I still dont think he looks comfortable 1 on 1 with a full back on that right hand side and that was still a problem for us at times.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
More goals from Pepe no surprise there. Man has it in him to be an end product machine. Great game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He finished last season very well too, was ahead of Saka for the big matches last season.

Thank God he's been good enough to bench Willian, everything was against Pepe to do that but he still managed it...Arteta needs to stop being a **** next year :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom