• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Pepe can be our best player if he’s used properly and if he plays with full confidence. He’s easily worth 20 goals a season we’ve seen that by now. He’s like a much better version of Walcott I hope he fires on next season and proves everyone wrong.
I don't think your team is going to finish top 4 with Pepe as your best player. His all around game is too inconsistent. If he is not scoring or assisting, he can be a liability to the team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't think your team is going to finish top 4 with Pepe as your best player. His all around game is too inconsistent. If he is not scoring or assisting, he can be a liability to the team.
While that was maybe true in the early days, I think that is really harsh. His work rate and willingness to defend for the team has improved massively since he first arrived.

OSBK

Established Member

Any player can be a liability. But take city for example, mahrez who is as inconsistant as pepe but they play with a system and workrate around him so that liability is very limited. If you put pepe in city team then nobody would mention anything as the support network he will have will rarely show his weaknesses. Pepe needs that at arsenal, a good rb/ground covering midfielders and a manager who actually has a clue.

You can through the top 4 and pick players out no problem who are inconsistant as pepe but also are match winners like pepe. Pogba is prime example. It all comes down to the team and the a top manager to set it up properly and of course quality of players.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hes not our best player by a distance, he also doesnt contribute with assists.

If we're finishing top 4 it will be down to the entire team delivering consistently, a strong defence and an improved midfield. Expect Pepe to play a role in any march for top 4 - but this whole thing of an inconsistent player exploding who relies heavily on one foot and being delivered the ball in a specific area is unrealistic unless we experience a revolution in style, play and are dominating teams which looks very unlikely.

Geofranco

Any player can be a liability. But take city for example, mahrez who is as inconsistant as pepe but they play with a system and workrate around him so that liability is very limited. If you put pepe in city team then nobody would mention anything as the support network he will have will rarely show his weaknesses. Pepe needs that at arsenal, a good rb/ground covering midfielders and a manager who actually has a clue.

You can through the top 4 and pick players out no problem who are inconsistant as pepe but also are match winners like pepe. Pogba is prime example. It all comes down to the team and the a top manager to set it up properly and of course quality of players.

Mahrez is also more technically gifted. If he was playing for Arsenal, he'd be our best winger by far.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Starting to put together a fantasy football team and i'm trying not to be biased. What do you really think of Pepe for the upcoming season? He's looked decent enough in pre season, but still doesn't look like he'll pick up many assists. Heart is saying pick him, head is saying there are many better options.

Geofranco

So you are not an Arsenal fan?

I was just generalizing lol. But it's really been hard to connect with this team since 17/18. So many terrible games, toxic atmosphere around the club, agendas everywhere, players I don't enjoy their style of play and upper management just making so many shambolic decisions. The team has been spending a lot since 2016 and most have been duds. So that excuse of the team doesn't spend money doesn't work anymore. The banter era teams were actually more fun to watch than whatever has been on display for almost 5 years at this club. I really only watch nowadays for Hale end boys. The romantic in my is dying everyday, the day I lose interest in the youth, I'd probably stop watching all together, also the day Messi retires. Also maybe I am just getting old.

blrgooner

Established Member
Starting to put together a fantasy football team and i'm trying not to be biased. What do you really think of Pepe for the upcoming season? He's looked decent enough in pre season, but still doesn't look like he'll pick up many assists. Heart is saying pick him, head is saying there are many better options.
I think he will score a lot of goals in games when we play well. Many of our moves seem to end up creating chances for him.
I would have him in my fantasy team expecting goals rather than assists. I think he is the best bet among arsenal players closely followed by ESR..

Tomb Bombadil

While that was maybe true in the early days, I think that is really harsh. His work rate and willingness to defend for the team has improved massively since he first arrived.
He improved but still has a lot to prove. While he improved his work rate/defending still not good enough imo. But as @OSBK said if he contributes more to score goals it's ok.

I think he can become good but still have some doubts. He will not be a flop but will he get to world class or close? ATM he wouldn't start for any of the top4 candidates.

Last edited:

chessygoal

With cameras all around him, Arteta has no choice this season, he will have to unleash Pepe. I predict a monster season from Nicolas, 20 goals 10 assists minimum.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I always believed it was a mental thing with Pepe because he has all the tools you need to be a top PL player. If he gets that part right we will be seeing the Pepe we saw at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom