• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think all of them had a bigger impact on their team than Pepe besides Kepa, Di Maria (was sold for -10m) and Mahrez. And yes Pepe can still become much better but I doubt it from what I've seen.
All of them actually played, unlike Pepe who was on the bench half the time. I'm sometimes confused how commentators on TV and fans can complain about lack of impact when the guy wasn't even playing :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All of them actually played, unlike Pepe who was on the bench half the time. I'm sometimes confused how commentators on TV and fans can complain about lack of impact when the guy wasn't even playing :lol:
To be fair to Souness, he barefaced admitted one time he doesn't keep up with Arsenal because there is nothing to really follow they are just there. A guy that covers a lot of stuff for sky sports.

If our own fans don't even realise his inconsistent minutes - what are bias pundits gonna think? :lol:

They don't know a single thing about Pepe except his price tag and "bag of tricks" unfortunately.

Here:

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

What do you think was the reason that he was on the bench?

With Saka missing and Wilian definitly lost his place he can show how good he his. I really hope he will raise his game and he will shine for us. If he gets to 20 G/A i will be really happy and if he gets more I will applaude all you guys.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What do you think was the reason that he was on the bench?

With Saka missing and Wilian definitly lost his place he can show how good he his. I really hope he will raise his game and he will shine for us. If he gets to 20 G/A i will be really happy and if he gets more I will applaude all you guys.
The main reason was the incompetent manager who benched him before the season even started when he signed Willian.
Maybe he doesn't have the best personality or something similar, but he's far ahead of Saka, ESR, Willian, MO in terms of numbers, so I don't think the problem was actually on the pitch. Arteta swallowed his pride already and Pepe did play a lot in the second half of the season, which was basically a confirmation that the manager ****ed it up in the first half of the season

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
My only hope is that we give this guy a competent RB partner to allow him to do what he does best

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The main reason was the incompetent manager who benched him before the season even started when he signed Willian.
Maybe he doesn't have the best personality or something similar, but he's far ahead of Saka, ESR, Willian, MO in terms of numbers, so I don't think the problem was actually on the pitch. Arteta swallowed his pride already and Pepe did play a lot in the second half of the season, which was basically a confirmation that the manager ****ed it up in the first half of the season
That headbutt redcard cost Pepe as well, Willian finally got dropped (or covid?) and the pathway was clear for him to shine - but Saka stepped up in both of their absence instead and the rest was history.

Had Pepe bailed Arteta out in his time of need things very well could have been different, but admittedly he added to the pressure and winless run.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am pretty sure Arteta benched Pepe when he first took over, but eventually won his place back to start in the cup final....then got benched when we signed Willian, before winning his place back.

Despite being a bit of a "luxury" player on the pitch, he's not afraid to fight for his place off it...which should be commended, never read any stories of him throwing his toys out when not selected, even when he should have been playing.

Think he could be on for quite a season, seems to have won Arteta's backing too, which isn't easy...say it all the time, but really wish he got a run at CF...would be the first thing I would attempt as manager, to see if it could work...think it would really could fix our striker issue.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Arteta gives Pepe enough chances to make his mark I think this year might be a breakout season for this guy Pepe. He's certainly got enough talent on him but he's also got to play within his best position too. Pepe certainly has some good talent to show.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Am i alone in still being frustrated by this player? I go on twitter and all i see are compilations and people saying 20 goal season incoming. I just can't see it. I really want him to do well, but he still isn't doing the basic things well.

My main issue with him is he's not direct. He's always stopping and starting his dribble, very rarely do you see him travelling at top speed. I just want him to take on the full back, be direct, and get into more positions where he can shoot.

mirrorstare

Even if you don't see it, it's kinda all what we have going for ourselves atm. Auba doesn't look like getting back into that amazing form, Laca as important as he is for the team has never had a season with killer numbers here, the kids are the kids and there are no new arrivals.

All credit went to ESR for some strange reason but Pepe proved his worth in that last stretch of games of last season. If he can reliably produce against the midtable rivals then that will help our cause a lot.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Starting to put together a fantasy football team and i'm trying not to be biased. What do you really think of Pepe for the upcoming season? He's looked decent enough in pre season, but still doesn't look like he'll pick up many assists. Heart is saying pick him, head is saying there are many better options.
I would certainly give him a go in draft but in FPL there are way too many top midfielders and it’s the most important position. Also, our fixtures while Saka is away and Pepe is guaranteed game time are tough.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Watching him this pre-season and he’s doing a lot of the non scoring/assisting stuff really well.

He’s doing his defensive duty, he’s picking out open teammates, finding his fullback when they overlap etc, his set piece delivery is back to its usual high quality not as well.

There’s a lot less risk in his game but his ‘general play’ is as good as anyone else’s in the squad now, he’s not going to be the odd one out when ESR, Saka, Laca and co are playing their triangles and stuff around the box and that’s why I don’t really get the ‘Auba and Pepe’ can’t play together trope.

He’s a direct goal scorer but he definitely positively contributes to our build up play.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I honestly don't understand what good is it rotating 2 of your best players. I get that both Saka and Pepe are best on the right, but with such a limited squad surely you would expect to find a place for Saka on the left, even behind the striker when ESR is out. You want both of them on the pitch, nothing else is an option really unless Arteta wants to be at the bottom half again before November
I think Saka will eventually end up best as A LW/central winger anyway so we may as well start now.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I think the issue is a left footed LW takes Tierney's space, he wants someone who is comfortable cutting in onto their stronger foot, which is why he plays Aubameyang there.
I agree about Pepe though, keep him on the right. Saka is much more adaptable, he plays just as well in practically every position, Pepe on the other hand you are massively restricting.
It's like moving Robben to the left.

Not really sure what the obvious solution is, I think Saka could potentially work as a LCM but he dosn't want to play 433 for some reason, or Saka LW and flip everything round have Tierney inverted and an overlapping RB (which suits Pepe) or stay as we are with Smith-Rowe inside left, Pepe on the right and Saka at 10.
Saves us 50-60m on Maddison/Ødegaard.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Between Pepe and Chambers for the player I'm most excited about to see play next season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I see quite a few posters on other threads saying play Pepe at CF. Personally I think its worth a try on the basis that we need a CF, Saka will play RW, and it looks like Bellerin will be staying. It would also save us money so we could afford Maddision.

Obviously if it doesnt work we wont be able to bring in a CF. Having said that, I dont see how we will bring in Maddision plus a CF anyway, the only players that look sellable are Willock & Nketiah. The likes of AMN & Nelson will be loans.

bakaboo

I would vote Pepe to try for CF. Saka on right and ESR on left with new AM behind Pepe. Get rid of either Auba or Luca and get a good RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom