• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Saka was our only player that had a decent game. Credit to him but everyone else was below average at best. Ake is a decent CB, looked good today.

Leno, Tierney, Gabriel, Ceballos all had good games. Most of the rest of the team had a decent game, Pepe was useless.

The rest of the team bla bla bla... yet another excuse for Pepe.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Not one of our attackers have performed well this whole season. We totally overpaid for him but that blames fully lies on the club.

Auba has been poor this whole time too and looking back how many games would we have won if it weren't for his goals? Because none of our attacking play seems to come off and almost all goals we score these days are individual brillance goals.

Laca, Auba, Eddie, Pepe, Willian have all been poor. Either they are all terrible footballers or there is something wrong with the way we set up to attack.

Teams are setting up to defend against Aubemeyang, Walker pretty much sat on Auba today while their midfielders were constantly helping and their new centreback constantly helped cover that side. Bit of a fkin difference to have a defence setup to mark you and not scoring.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He's not the worst footballer I've ever seen, but he's one footed, can't dribble past people and has terrible balance.
However, you can get by with those if you have a brain. He looks like a headless chicken most of the time when he's playing.
Saka is much more mature in his decision making and technique than this guy, who's been playing for longer.

Sterling was a headless chicken at Pool when he was starting out and even though he has those brain farts in front of goal sometimes, he's improved a lot since moving to City and developing from a tactical pov.

Arteta either teaches him what he has to do specifically or he sells him. There's no point in wasting anymore time if it's not working out.

Vanfrothan

He's not the worst footballer I've ever seen, but he's one footed, can't dribble past people and has terrible balance.
However, you can get by with those if you have a brain. He looks like a headless chicken most of the time when he's playing.
Saka is much more mature in his decision making and technique than this guy, who's been playing for longer.

Sterling was a headless chicken at Pool when he was starting out and even though he has those brain farts in front of goal sometimes, he's improved a lot since moving to City and developing from a tactical pov.

Arteta either teaches him what he has to do specifically or he sells him. There's no point in wasting anymore time if it's not working out.

Totally agree about being one-footed. That is one of the most frustrating thing about some modern footballers. I just don't understand how they get so far having such an obvious weakness.

If you're going to go down the Arjen Robben root (cutting in every single time!) you're putting yourself under a lot of pressure because you have to do that pretty much perfectly every time to make it at a top team.

Still feel like there's a real player in there but he's not currently visible.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still not worried at all. Soon we're gonna sort our midfield and start to dominate games, and from there Pepe will grow and become a dominant player.

I guess not many people will have the same patience with him

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The same people having a go at Pepe will be lauding Auba for even worse performances in the opening games.
It's not about Pepe or Auba, it never was. Our wide forwards are asked to defend more than they attack, and once they finally get a ball people expect them to do everything.
Think it will soon be much easier for both of them, we just need to start Partey and stop with this Willian madness

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gervinho?
That’s why i said “nearly every attacker”.

Pepe would be putting people on their backsides every week if Wenger was his manager.

End of last season I thought this season Auba/Laca/Pepe will start most games, they looked like they were building a relationship, something was brewing.

Manberg

Predator
That’s why i said “nearly every attacker”.

Pepe would be putting people on their backsides every week if Wenger was his manager.

End of last season I thought this season Auba/Laca/Pepe will start most games, they looked like they were building a relationship, something was brewing.

Yeah but Gerivnho is the one people are comparing Pepe to. Both Ivorian, both came to Arsenal from Lille. Same position, similar skillsets etc.

There are many other attacking signings that failed under Wenger but the Gervinho comparison sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can name at least 10 attackers that failed under Wenger.

By the way, Pepe wasn’t even Arteta’s signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah but Gerivnho is the one people are comparing Pepe to. Both Ivorian, both came to Arsenal from Lille. Same position, similar skillsets etc.

There are many other attacking signings that failed under Wenger but the Gervinho comparison sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can name at least 10 attackers that failed under Wenger.

By the way, Pepe wasn’t even Arteta’s signing.
Which 10 attackers? There are signings which are punts, like Sanogo. Then there are proper signings, which cost a fair bit and come with expectations like Gervinho.

Manberg

Predator
Which 10 attackers? There are signings which are punts, like Sanogo. Then there are proper signings, which cost a fair bit and come with expectations like Gervinho.

Gervinho, Francis Jeffers, Park Chu Young, Podolski, Lucas Perez, Suker, Baptista, Joel Campbell, Yaya Sanogo... and dare I say it, Reyes didn’t live up to his potential.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gervinho, Francis Jeffers, Park Chu Young, Podolski, Lucas Perez, Suker, Baptista, Joel Campbell, Yaya Sanogo... and dare I say it, Reyes didn’t live up to his potential.
Bollocks :rofl:

Podolski and Reyes were excellent, Reyes actually went to Real Madrid. Suker was an old man signing, sure he chipped in with goals, got a great hattrick. Baptista wasn’t even our player, he was a loan.

I’ll give you Jeffers, Perez and Gervinho.

Manberg

Predator
Bollocks :rofl:

Podolski and Reyes were excellent, Reyes actually went to Real Madrid. Suker was an old man signing, sure he chipped in with goals, got a great hattrick. Baptista wasn’t even our player, he was a loan.

I’ll give you Jeffers, Perez and Gervinho.

Reyes was knowingly homesick and couldn’t properly adjust to the premier league. When we bought him we were expecting a world class player. There were moments of joy but it didn’t quite live up to expectations. Gary Neville may have played a part in that.
Wenger dropped Podolski.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Reyes was knowingly homesick and couldn’t properly adjust to the premier league. When we bought him we were expecting a world class player. There were moments of joy but it didn’t quite live up to expectations. Gary Neville may have played a part in that.
Wenger dropped Podolski.
Reyes was improving, he was a big player for us, the guy joined the best club in the world at the time for big money. Massive success for Wenger.

Podolski done his job. Getting dropped later doesn’t mean you’re a flop, our team developed and others were more suited than him later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom