<

Nicolas Pepe: With A Dribble Of Sauce

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by tap-in, Aug 2, 2020.

?

How many goals in all competitions?

1. <10

24 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. <15

58 vote(s)
    53.2%
  3. <20

15 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. 20+

12 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

You should consider living in a bubble if thats your attitude. I'm just trying to see some actual reason for the unbridled optimism that Pepe is somehow a good player despite all evidence.

2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

The evidence is that he is a good player though, extremely talented. Not sure why you'd say otherwise.

Let's play Aubamawang likes this.
  3. REWB

REWB Member

Mancity is tough, Ill let him off for yday. Even though im 100% sure if we had someone like Zaha or Saint Maximin they would have roasted City's back line that night. No excuses with the matches coming up now for Pepe. He better perform, at least look like a 30m players ffs.

4. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Him doing what will convince you that he's a good enough? Just tell me that for future reference and we can end this endless nonsense.

5. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Is he any better than Walcott at the moment?

Not prime Walcott, I mean the version that left for Everton :rofl:

My mild concerns from last season have not abated, indeed they are creeping up to medium.

Desperately want this guy to succeed. He is key to our progress.

6. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Bit of a fancy Dan. Lots of feints, tricks and flicks but little end product.

7. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Extremely talented at what? I'll give him the curled shot and set pieces, but to say he's extremely talented is pushing it.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

We need to send him to Bayern’s body building camp. His lack of balance and strength is a huge problem

9. KrissKringle

It's pathetic that they didn't try to fix that in all the time he's been here, especially since he had a couple of months to work on it during the quarantine.

Big Poppa likes this.
  10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

If Pepe doesn't have the ability to beat a man, dribble and retain the ball or pass it on quickly then I'm not sure where we play him or what we do with him. I have doubts that he knows what he's meant to do.

Gooner1988TK, sdotzdot and Troopz like this.
  11. KrissKringle

Maybe he was told to shut up and dribble?

12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Agree.

13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

:lol:

14. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Thiiiiis! Thought I was the only one who noticed he is always knocked off the ball and loses. Every. Single. Tussle.

15. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

He is suffering from the same problems as Auba. It's a systemic issue.

If you are expecting the goal that got disallowed in the cup final, or the goals he has scored where he cuts in and bends it top corner, or the goals where he takes it from the wing beats two players and scores every single match, then I think you are being unrealistic.

How can you expect him to create his own chances or even play while being so disconnected from everyone. Willian made 3 passes to him thr entire match, and he is a combination player.

He has flaws in his game, but until we build the team to suit his game, I don't see the point in bashing him.

Macho and Pyres7 like this.
  16. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

Exactly. Bellerin is part of the problem because he isn't linking up as well with Pepe as the players on the right. I never said Bellerin was the only thing stopping Pepe, which is what you tried to suggest. You cannot tell me Bellerin is the same player he was a couple of years ago. And I'm not trying to bash him because I do like Bellerin, but there is a problem on the right hand side, and Pepe doesn't have lots of touches.

Pepe does have problems with his decision making, and GDeep is quite right in that the asking price was far too much. But you telling me it's all Pepe's fault is not reasonable because we still struggle on the right even when Pepe isn't starting.

Oh and btw lumping the ball up to Pepe on his own with no support shouldn't count.

17. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Pepe could score a hat trick at Old Trafford and I'm sure he still wouldn't be impressed. "It's just one game.." yada yada yada..

Macho likes this.
  18. Rasmi

Rasmi Active Member

he doesn’t have the trust of his team mates or respect because he constantly loses the ball. So you don’t want to pass the ball to a guy that always gives it away.

he also has terrible movements and in front three you need to have your front three to vary their movement. He is always in the same spot. In the end Lille robbed us blind and the guy is no more than 15 million pound player. But we will have to keep playing him because of the price.

Ciscoo and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  19. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

The point in bashing him is that we spent 70 million on him, and for that price you expect a player who can create chances on his own. Sanchez can create his own chances and score even when he is disconnected from everyone.

20. grange

grange Well-Known Member

You're bashing a player for his fee? The same fee that the Kroenkes brought their corporate lawyer in to investigate Raul's handling of the negotiations and agreements finding that Raul personally doped up the fees for him and his buddies' greasy palms?