Nicolas Pepe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Fewtch, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I actually agree with this, there's something I just can't put my finger on but I do get the feeling that he just mightn't be worth all the hype.

Fewtch likes this.
  2. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

I’ve never seen him but if you look at his stats, at 24 he’s only ever had one very good season and it was last season. Everything points to it being a massive one off, which might also explain why nobody has paid up for a guy with his stats last season.

GDeep™ and Judasviking like this.
  3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

And as the smoke settles, we come back in to view, having signed no one, exactly where we were before.

Genius

roz, Artisan, say yes and 2 others like this.
  4. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Is he better than Gervinho was?

5. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Ffs :lol:

DanDare likes this.
  6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

20 or so goals. 8 or so penalties, not one goal from outside the box. I don't know. Just something off. You have to have the cut in and bend it into the top corner to really score goals in England. The keepers are far better than in ligue 1. I haven't really seen that from Pepe.

It's one of the reasons we put Saka before Amaechi. He has the power in that left foot.

7. say yes

say yes To VAR

Would much rather have Zaha at Pepe’s price.

Proven in the PL and a lifelong gooner.

8. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Zaha > Pepe

#254 Well-Known Member

I think so too although my opinion is based only on what I've seen at Afcon. He doesn't seem like a player that could dominate the wing or beat his opponent with flair but with pace!

I think if we are not going for Zaha we should go for for Chikwezee of Nigeria and Villarreal. He's only 19 but he is very good and can easily beat his man and score goals. He seems like he's got a very high ceiling and could easily cost over 100m in two or three seasons.

10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Would prefer Sane over either of those two. Allegedly available for 80m.

11. Highgate

Highgate Active Member

Sane is a beautiful player, but just too moody.

Pepe reminds me of gervinho, intact gervinho was more explosive, not worth that money

Zaha is my preferred option as a winger

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Guy is untouchable.

13. db10fan

db10fan Member

Zaha and Pepe are about the same level of risk for us, one is more EPL proven the other is younger and can have higher ceiling. For about the same money I'll take Pepe, he is left footed, while all our senior forwards are right footed. Pepe is also bigger, taller, stronger, might be better as 3rd CF option.
    However, we shouldn't buy either before we buy new CM>LB>CB>RB, those should be our priorities. Also, we already buy a winger in Martinelli.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

For now i think spending 40M euros on Everton is more likely Crystal Palace will keep asking 80M and Pepe if available bigger teams will want him. i think we'll try for Zaha before window shut but without him forcing the move i prefer we not waste time and just give Gremio 40M and get Everton signed.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  15. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

40 m for soares or Leon bailey imo
    We still have other positions that need help

truth_hurts and db10fan like this.
  16. db10fan

db10fan Member

Everton Soares or Bailey is good options, but should be after we buy for CM>LB>CB>RB. IMO winger is a luxury signing we are fine without this summer. And we already buy one in Martinelli who is included in the 1s team.

17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Silly season has started. Smashing our transfer record on a 24 year old from Ligue 1, when money is tight? No chance.

Zaha or Soares hopefully. We wouldn't be a million miles off getting both for 80m euros. I wonder if Lille want El Nenny, Chambers and Mustafi?!!

krackpot and bingobob like this.
  18. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

Bayern don't want to spend 70M+ on their 3rd/4th choice target, Liverpool don't want to pay that much for a back-up players as well. His only possible destination is PSG if Neymar leaves, but it looks like Barca don't have the money to bring back Neymar after buying Griezmann, so the guy is either staying or leaving for much less than 70M.

19. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Surprised this is still open. Haven't seen any credible links to him

With Zaha I feel he is worth a gamble even at £60m. With Pepe, even £40m would be too much. Huge question marks about him. Is this more than just a one off season? Can he step up to a higher level league? Can he adapt to a new country? Different tactics?

We aren't in a position to take such huge gamble.

20. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.