• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No evidence made up in your mind or?
I dont follow. Ive taken the figures from the player trading section of our publically available accounts. Just google Arsenal accounts and youll get them.

The only significant jump is 2014 which indicates a one off fee for Özil. The rest correlates roughly with the rest of our expenditure.

I use a phone so dont have the time or facility to calculate exactly as if i had a PC. But if we spend roughly 100m over 5 years thats 20m per year. We go from 25.6m to 54m. Then 77m and then 91m. In that time players like Özil are paid off. Assuming 30m upfront and then 3m over 4 seasons. Alexis is paid off 8.75m reduction in in 2018. We then see a 14m increase going into 2018 when we signed Auba, Lacazette and Miki. Take off the 10m we've just saved from Özil and Alexis payments ending then at least on paper it seems to tally up.

45m seems to be the amount extra we can amortisatise, which equates to 225m. Taking everyones rumoured fees 80m, 25m and 30m we are at 135m. Although that 45m may include wages.

Last edited:

Kingofthebongo

The Ornacle's tweet is not as binding as it used to be. We've seen him get played this window.
I am excited and optimistic but this one is not over yet.

Is it possible it may have been revealed to him by Lille or dirty agents to put pressure on Arsenal to accept whatever fees or clauses they'd like to put in. If they back down now, the collective groans will resonate like a Tibetan temple.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Would prefer Zaha but we need a winger regardless.

Worry how much Pepe can cope in the EPL in his first season. Plus he doesn't seem to play well against the best (I watched him a few times against PSG).

I shall support him nonetheless... Unless he turns out to be a shambles.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would prefer Zaha but we need a winger regardless.

Worry how much Pepe can cope in the EPL in his first season. Plus he doesn't seem to play well against the best (I watched him a few times against PSG).

I shall support him nonetheless... Unless he turns out to be a shambles.

I saw that most of his goals/assists came against the top Ligue 1 teams or something.

al-Ustaadh

I saw that most of his goals/assists came against the top Ligue 1 teams or something.
I'd be surprised but I'd like to see that breakdown.

Whenever I've seen him play against the top in Ligue 1 he never shows up (admittedly this is mostly against PSG and if I remember correctly I've also seen him play against Lyon in which he didn't do much in that game). I think his goal numbers are a bit misleading too since he takes a lot of penalties. We do need another good penalty taker though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd be surprised but I'd like to see that breakdown.

Whenever I've seen him play against the top in Ligue 1 he never shows up (admittedly this is mostly against PSG and if I remember correctly I've also seen him play against Lyon in which he didn't do much in that game). I think his goal numbers are a bit misleading too since he takes a lot of penalties. We do need another good penalty taker though.

Scored a goal and got 2 assists against PSG didn't he?

al-Ustaadh

Scored a goal and got 2 assists against PSG didn't he?
Was that that really open game with lots of goals on both sides? That one goal was a penalty... I don't remember him getting two assists.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. That was the redcard against PSG. That was the PSG game I didn't watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom