• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Tagliafico

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The new Zanetti. Don't know much about his time at Ajax, but he was fantastic at Independiente. Captained their Copa Sudamericana winning side. Was in Argentina's World Cup team. Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ajax fans seem to love him, and he's recently been touted as a possible captain for Argentina's national team, so some good signs there. The general consensus seems to be that he's a reliable defender and decent in attack.

I'm for it, LB is definitely one of our weaker positions with Nacho aging and Kolasinac being injury-prone and somewhat suspect defensively.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Very good LB from what I've seen of him but that's only in the Dutch league. But he is captaining the Argentinian national team lately, which is a good sign.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Yes please, he looks like that perfect replacement for Monreal, but what to do with Kolasinac?

Song Billong

I'm always a little sceptical about signing defenders from the Dutch league.

But having said that the Spuds have done very well when doing this over the last few years, unfortunately. So I guess there are success stories.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We absolutely need a LB this winter because our situation ATM is pretty bad.

IDK him though. But being linked with a LB is a positive.

It's the perfect time to buy him. Let him compete with nacho for the second half of the season he will have time to settle.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Ajax won't sell in winter, they're looking at the knock-out stages of the CL.

Very good for Dutch league standards, I'm very happy with his tenacity and he's doing quite well offensively. Bit small for the PL perhaps and he has been poor against Benfica and PSV. Seem to remember he played well against Bayern though and he would fit Emery's tactics. I don't know, I'm on the fence aboht this one for now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's quality. Every time I've seen him for Argentina he's represented himself well. I'm kind of split to be honest. On the one hand, Emery definitely wants fullbacks who are strong going forward and he fits the bill. I personally think if we're going to continue with Bellerin on the right it may be prudent to have someone more in the Sagna mould on the left so that we aren't leaving the CBs and Torreira too exposed but I would not be upset with this kid at all. He's a very talented player.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Ajax won't sell in winter, they're looking at the knock-out stages of the CL.

Very good for Dutch league standards, I'm very happy with his tenacity and he's doing quite well offensively. Bit small for the PL perhaps and he has been poor against Benfica and PSV. Seem to remember he played well against Bayern though and he would fit Emery's tactics. I don't know, I'm on the fence aboht this one for now.

Think he could go up a level with ease if he plays in a stronger league. but understand your point.

Malky

Established Member
If we're signing LB's from lesser leagues then surely Tierney is the one we should be after? Best player in the SPL, proved himself with standout performances in the Champions League, and proved to be versatile as he has been played out of position at RB for Scotland.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If we're signing LB's from lesser leagues then surely Tierney is the one we should be after? Best player in the SPL, proved himself with standout performances in the Champions League, and proved to be versatile as he has been played out of position at RB for Scotland.
Would Tierney count towards the homegrown quota since he's Scottish? I would think so...

Latest posts

Top Bottom