• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nigel Reo-Coker

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hammer Reo-Coker linked

Arsenal are looking at West Ham star Nigel Reo-Coker as they attempt to boost their midfield options. (Sunday Mirror)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The lad is quite good. I remember when he joined them about a year or two back he was being touted as being the next best thing. I forget who he used to play for but I seem to recall him being captain either for them or for West Ham. He's a dynamic young fellow who is good on the ball.

I'd rather wait a couple of seasons and see how he's doing next year the the season afterwards before making a move for him though.

Mark

Established Member
He was at Wimbledon I think. Decent player, but he's not what we need right now. We need some experience in the middle. He is more of a player for the future.

justjoe

Loyan said:
I'd rather wait a couple of seasons and see how he's doing next year the the season afterwards before making a move for him though.
if we do that like all english players his price will double if not tripple. on the other hand hes really not what we need we need players like ballack that have been there and done it all already.

jeromelee

He's a decent defensive-styled player.......not exactly one within the definition of star yet that's for sure.

Ratinho

Established Member
If your experience of English transfers was being forced to buy Richard Wright and Francis Jeffers, you'd be wary too.

Good player, top song to sing at games, totally not what we need now.

And he's not a defensive midfielder, at all.

SuperBob

Buy him and Ballac for the midfield next season Ballack and Gilberto in the middle with Reo Cocker, Fabregas and Flamini waiting in the wings.

Given/Lehmann/Almunia

Lauren/Eboue Toure/Milito Campbell/Senderos Cole/Clichy

Fred/Hleb Bert/Flam/Ballack/Fabregas/Reococker Reyes/Hleb/Quincy

Henry/Reyes/Torres/VanPersie/Lupoli

If that squad was assembled for the 06/07 season I definately think it could challenge Chelsea.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Highly unlikely that squad will happen though. I think Reo-Coker would be a decent signing, but I believe we need more than just one player for centre mid.

jester

Established Member
finally - if wenger wants to buy young, why not buy young that can improve us now? Reo-coker is a very good player. If he comes to us he'll improve vastly. He'll improve with time, experience, and playing with better players. He's already captain of West ham which speaks volumes (West Ham having a long, proud tradition and history).
Would he want to leave? He's about to captain his side into the UEFA cup, and he strikes me as a loyal player, yet he may want to come to further his career
But how much would he cost? Not only is he young and english, he's also their captain, and with manutd interested also, his price may be through the roof. Even though that article says Pardew would let him go, I'd seriously doubt it. He's their captain and said at the start of the summer how he intends only to buy. Although they are very heavily linked with steed (a replacement?).
I'm all for him (and so is sabre if i remember correctly), as he'd improve our team straight away. He could also form a very long partnership with cesc if they're played together (or more likely in a 5 man midfield)

Artillero

Normaly transfer rumours have little detail.

That article has so much prescise details its quite funny.

otfgoon

Established Member
I really hope this is true, terrific little player. Basically a much better version of the flamster.

Viper

Established Member
Would be an excellent signing and is a great midfielder. I really hope this is true. Moreover, he would fit straight in the team since he wouldn't need any time to adapt - he is an accomplished player in the Premiership. Another bonus is that he is English.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Not sure if i trust the Guardian over transfer rumours after their track record this summer. Would not mind him though, good player with potential, can score goals, scored a fair few in the Championship I believe a couple of seasons ago. Certainly would make a useful squad member to rotate with Gilberto, Cesc, Flamini and Song.

Legend#1

Established Member
I don't see why he would want to leave West Ham, he's their captain ffs.

We hardly look an attractive option atm.

Artillero

I have no doubt he will become a very good player but at the moment he will not displace Cesc and Gilberto.

At Westham he plays week in week out and is their no1 player. My guess is he will sign a new big deal at West Ham

Top Bottom