• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nigel Reo-Coker

Block10Gooner

Nigel Real-Joker? No thanks. Wanted him 4/5 years ago and apparently we went in for him but were rejected straight up.

I know he's a Gooner and everything and would love to play for us. But sometimes that just isn't enough.

We've got enough deadwood in the midfield position to just add another one.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Extremely unlikely. Can't think of a single non-english person who rates him. He can't pass, that's his biggest fault. And within our system it's a bit like having a blind man at the steering wheel.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Compare him to Diaby and Diaby is a world beater, (not to criticism diaby though)
He is no strenght at all and he wont add anything.

xcdude24

Established Member
They're obviously different types of players, but would you rather see Reo-Coker or Diaby on the pitch for us?

kooldawg

Established Member
I don't want Diaby anywhere in the team, And as the others have pointed out Nigel Reo Coker is perhaps not what we need at the moment.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Song is average. Reo-Coker is average. Neither have any range of passing and give it away when they venture from anything simple. Song is strong and can beat players when he's on the run. Reo-coker is quicker, more tenacious, has better stamina.

Guess it's what I think our midfield lacks. Not that Reo-coker would provide it but a player with his attributes (with better distribution of course) could.

One flaw I still see in our midfield is how often the sitting player gets exposed. And Song is not the player you want when we are facing counter-attacks against any decent teams. So either we pack the midfield with other players who will work hard alongside him or buy a better player than Song for the holding role.

fabo

6.51 / 10
entropy13 said:
Which Reo-Coker are you talking about though? If it's Nigel Reo-Coker... :lol:

:lol:...point was more to highlight what I think we lack in midfield.

Song really isn't that good anyway. He's been average since Celtic away.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lord Dula said:
no - on a side note saw melo against bayern and he was impressive - think gilberto with a decent pass on him
Melo has looked impressive for Juve the whole season (as early as it is for Juve).. convinved he would have been a perfect fit for us.. can pass when necessary, can tackle, has a good engine on him.. his main issue is picking up bookings a lot, but i think he would have been great with us

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
Song is average. Reo-Coker is average. Neither have any range of passing and give it away when they venture from anything simple. Song is strong and can beat players when he's on the run. Reo-coker is quicker, more tenacious, has better stamina.

Guess it's what I think our midfield lacks. Not that Reo-coker would provide it but a player with his attributes (with better distribution of course) could.

One flaw I still see in our midfield is how often the sitting player gets exposed. And Song is not the player you want when we are facing counter-attacks against any decent teams. So either we pack the midfield with other players who will work hard alongside him or buy a better player than Song for the holding role.

I think AW's solution has been to go to the pyramid shape in the CMs, but with the injuries he's been playing Cesc behind diaby in the forward role.

bertlb2

He is passed it. Looked like a huge prospect at 19-20, but he never progressed after that and hasn't done anything good since he left WHU. Wasn't he their club captain at 19 or something?

Anzac

Established Member
bertlb2 said:
He is passed it. Looked like a huge prospect at 19-20, but he never progressed after that and hasn't done anything good since he left WHU. Wasn't he their club captain at 19 or something?

Yup - looks like a case of the player believing his own hype & wondering where it went wrong 5 years later.

Top Bottom