• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nikolay Dimitrov

Guillermo

number_0 said:
If wenger was actualy going to buy dimiritiv, why didnt he buy him in january when he would've been useful?
If he buys him now he is aknowledging his mistakes of not strenghening.
I find it strange that he would refuse to buy him in January, if he really wanted him.

He had already been on trial with the club and it was quite clear that we were in need of a winger for the gruelling fixture list ahead.

I'll only believe this if/when it happens.

From the looks of things, he'd be a nice addition to the current squad (with Hleb). As a replacement for the Belarrussian, however, I'd be rather worried.

AFCFan4Ever

tactica442 said:
Last time I checked, Dimitrov wasn't impressive in a u21 friendly against Portugual. Bulgaria were overwhelmed by Porteguese's skill level most time of that game. On wiki, Dimitrov was selected only once for full international. That kinda says about his current level. Unless Dimitrov develops other weapons in his repertoire, I still doubt if he can walk into the starting XI of Arsenal's Carling Cup team based on the glimpse I had on him.

Yeah but did you see the game against England's U-21 side? He tore them to shreds.

Also, this either is official or is damn near close according to Bulgarian media...

Confirmed: Arsenal Sign Dimitrov For £700k
Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bulgarian newspaper The Sofia Echo have confirmed that Arsenal have signed Levski Sofia midfielder Nikolay Dimitrov for a reported £700,000 rising to £1 million.

Dimitrov plays on the left wing and at 20 will probably start the season as first choice LM ahead of Vela. As it currently stands, Eduardo, who broke his foot is set to return to first team action before Rosicky who continues to have injury problems.

The 20-year-old Bulgarian international came to Arsenal on a 15 day trial and impressed Wenger greatly. Unlike the other trainee Mputu, Wenger did not need a 2nd invitation and started negotiations straight away.

Dimitrov said, "Its so exciting. The coaching staff are very kind and Arsenal are a very good team with good young player. I hope to lead Arsenal to as much silverware as possible but right now I must focus on my career."

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Our first signing, and he's a winger. At least Wenger's strengthening the right area. 20 isn't too young at least, and Bulgarians are - generally speaking - pretty adaptable as footballers, I doubt he'll have problems settling in.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I know, saw it from last night mate but I did a bit of research from the main soure, 'sofia echo' and its not just up there

Theres an article about us moving in for him from december 07 but not today

Guillermo

The fact that we didn't get him in January makes me skeptical regarding the probability of this transfer.

He was with the club and according to reports a deal had been made between the us and Sofia. Why didn't we just sign him then?

asajoseph

Established Member
I know Sanderson was never the most popular poster here, but he does seem to have a good handle on the inside track when it comes to our youth players, and youth transfers.

He says, quite forcefully, that we have not signed Nikolay Dimitrov

I'll pass the tissues, if anyone out there is truly devestated.

Lancelot

Established Member
I think we are still weighing our options if Dimitrov is yet to be a done deal.

We were strongly linked with him back in December with all the trials and whatnot. It's quite encouraging because, to me, it practically means that we are in the market for a wide player.

I'll accept the tissues for now, though, thanks. T-T

nazo

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I know Sanderson was never the most popular poster here, but he does seem to have a good handle on the inside track when it comes to our youth players, and youth transfers.

He says, quite forcefully, that we have not signed Nikolay Dimitrov

I'll pass the tissues, if anyone out there is truly devestated.

Meh, that site is just as bad as any other one. I'd rather trust tribalfootball than a 16 year old.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom