• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

No squad number for Jeffers?

Arnie

Gooner4Life said:
van Persie wore 11 in the friendly the other day, it suits him. And Fabregas better not get 27, that doesn't look right, he should keep 57 8)

how can a number suit someone

7CHP

Arnie said:

Dont you think Pires suits 7? Dont you think Reyes suits 9? Cesc suits 57 much better than 27. 57 got spirit, 27 is just a number.

Anyone know what Mathieu Flamini gets? I think he would suit 16!

va_va_voom

7CHP said:
Arnie said:

Dont you think Pires suits 7? Dont you think Reyes suits 9? Cesc suits 57 much better than 27. 57 got spirit, 27 is just a number.

What Boll*x. Had Pires worn 8, or Henry worn 10, or Viera worn 6 or whatever, you would have got used to that player wearing that number. No one suits a number, you just get used to seeing them in what they are given.

7CHP

va_va_voom said:
7CHP said:
Arnie said:

What Boll*x. Had Pires worn 8, or Henry worn 10, or Viera worn 6 or whatever, you would have got used to that player wearing that number. No one suits a number, you just get used to seeing them in what they are given.

No.

Pires did not want to play for Arsenal unless he got the number 7. Henry could not get the nr 10 because Bergkamp had it, anyways he's not a nr 10. When Vieira arrived the nr 6 was Tone, so... It just isn't "just a number". A lot of footballers are highly superstitious, and the number has a lot to say. 57 says a lot, 27 is, as I said, just a number.

kutz

7CHP said:
va_va_voom said:
7CHP said:
Arnie said:

No.

Pires did not want to play for Arsenal unless he got the number 7. Henry could not get the nr 10 because Bergkamp had it, anyways he's not a nr 10. When Vieira arrived the nr 6 was Tone, so... It just isn't "just a number". A lot of footballers are highly superstitious, and the number has a lot to say. 57 says a lot, 27 is, as I said, just a number.

Numbers do suit some players, but then as games go on and players play for a while in their numbers, what we associate with those numbers is changed as well. Personally, I don't see what extra stuff 57 says than 27. (Unless it says an extra 30, I guess)

So what ends up happening is that our formation of what numbers suit what players is formed by our idols who play in that number. Why do I wear number 9? Because my hero growing up wore it.

Numbers are great things that just add a bit more tradition and spice. So sure, go on about the meanings of numbers. They're cool.

zerofeel

Since Jughead Jeffs isnt given a number he shouldn now be put in charge of cleaning the senior players boots so as to utilise his contract with Arsenal ...im sure he will be more useful there than on the pitch... ;D

Latest posts

Top Bottom