• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours- 2016/17

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Will he live in Brazil though? Given that he chosed Spain?

Anyway he will be very rich!

He chose spain because he saw a chance to go far in the WC. I distinctly remember a post match interview to a Brazilian journo where he faked the most ridiculous spanish-portuguese accent.

He might live in Europe, but I think his whole family is in Brazil. Not that it matters, with all that money...

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

If I was in any other club than Arsenal, hell maybe even if I was in Arsenal too, I would **** off to China for a few years laughing all the way to the bank. £30 million a year, start my own nation money that.
No way. WTF do you even do with £30 million a year? More money than sense.

£5 million a year while playing in a league that's not ****ing thrash would do me fine. Imagine training your whole life to be a pro, making it at the top level, then moving to China where you'll play with semi-professionals.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
There's a rumour going around that Chelsea would want to replace Costa with Thomas Müller, I could see it happening; Chelsea would appear to be one of the clubs more likely to get him.

I hope it doesn't happen though, I like Müller.

Last edited:

WhatAFC

£5 million a year while playing in a league that's not ****ing thrash would do me fine. Imagine training your whole life to be a pro, making it at the top level, then moving to China where you'll play with semi-professionals.
Chelsea was his first big, big contract. Might be playing at a poor level in China but every person in your family is set for life. When someone offers you nearly your entire five year contract for 1 season how could you possibly say no to that?

His contract is pretty much up for renewal anyway so I'd guess it's a bargaining tool being used by him and his agent to get top money.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yachts aren't cheap ;)

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Chelsea was his first big, big contract. Might be playing at a poor level in China but every person in your family is set for life. When someone offers you nearly your entire five year contract for 1 season how could you possibly say no to that?

His contract is pretty much up for renewal anyway so I'd guess it's a bargaining tool being used by him and his agent to get top money.
If his goal is to help his family/town with the China money then that's admiral and I wouldn't argue. But I'm sure he could take care of his family soundly with £5m per year as well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it's easier to say when you're not in that position.

30M a year is no joke. I don't think anyone expects Costa to have a punditry career after football so I can't blame him for thinking about this offer.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I think it's easier to say when you're not in that position.

30M a year is no joke. I don't think anyone expects Costa to have a punditry career after football so I can't blame him for thinking about this offer.
It absolutely is. I just could never see myself being tempted by more money, given I was already on an outrageous amount. Maybe I would though.

Costa is set for life, whether he goes to China for £30m/year, stays for £8m/year or retires tomorrow. Unless he's an imbecile (not ruling that out).

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

do you really think costa has any say on this? they are flashing money to him and his family, his agent makes the situation sweat to him and his family and he just jump on board, i mean this is money that not only secures his entire life but also his family. He must know how players like ronaldo romario beteto, adriano etc, big big names on the game that are still struggling economically because once you retire you start a cicle of spending without generating.

I get this, "you are killing your career" discourse, more like his saving his entire life, he is not a very marketable player and he knows once he retires there is not much he can do, who can blame him really?

MaraDon

If his goal is to help his family/town with the China money then that's admiral and I wouldn't argue. But I'm sure he could take care of his family soundly with £5m per year as well.
money goes away like water....
imagine yourself for an entire year without producing, you cant sustain your lifestyle for even a month.
imagine this people who has already a very high standart of living, no education and snakes all around that are making him take wrong decisions.
its not easy as it sounds.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
do you really think costa has any say on this? they are flashing money to him and his family, his agent makes the situation sweat to him and his family and he just jump on board, i mean this is money that not only secures his entire life but also his family. He must know how players like ronaldo romario beteto, adriano etc, big big names on the game that are still struggling economically because once you retire you start a cicle of spending without generating.

I get this, "you are killing your career" discourse, more like his saving his entire life, he is not a very marketable player and he knows once he retires there is not much he can do, who can blame him really?
Get what you're saying and I've acknowledged that if it's for a good cause, that's great. You're being a tad dramatic though, I predict him and his family would be Ok with the £40-50 million he's ammassed so far in his career. We shouldn't be too sympathetic with millionaires like Adriano who blew it all either, just because he's an imbecile with his money doesn't mean everyone is. "Saving his entire life" - are we talking about a millionaire moving to China to make more millions, or a refugee who's found asylum? :lol:

El Duderino

TBF, Romario and Bebeto are both in politics (the former is a congressman, the latter I think is in the City Counsel). Really good jobs to have. Most players from the 94 WC generation were the first to realize they would need more money down the line. Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Mauro Silva et. al. are all set. Ronaldo invented the personal marketing game (remember the 2002 hairstyle?). From what I can remember, I think only Zinho lost it all. And then they gave him a punditry job to get himself back in his feet.

Adriano, well... he liked the thug life style too much. Got rich early in life and never wanted to cut his ties with his drug dealer friends. The alcoholism didn't help either.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

money goes away like water....
imagine yourself for an entire year without producing, you cant sustain your lifestyle for even a month.
imagine this people who has already a very high standart of living, no education and snakes all around that are making him take wrong decisions.
its not easy as it sounds.
It's similar in some African cultures too. Adebayor revealed what it's like to be earning so much while many people look at you as a meal ticket.

A lot of pressure is placed on certain footballers to go for the money.

El Duderino

@MaraDon oh, and Conca is coming back to Brasil. Will be playing for Flamengo (my team here, though I don't support them nearly as much as I do Arsenal).

Will be interesting to see if he can perform in a level somewhat similar to his Fluminense days.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
It's similar in some African cultures too. Adebayor revealed what it's like to be earning so much while many people look at you as a meal ticket.

A lot of pressure is placed on certain footballers to go for the money.

This. Especially since the Ade, Costa etc are plying their trade in Europe, England specifically, purely because of the wages on offer. Now that there is another league offering even better wages, its totally understandable so many players are willing to move the CSL. Its just another foreign league to them and it offers even more.

MaraDon

@MaraDon oh, and Conca is coming back to Brasil. Will be playing for Flamengo (my team here, though I don't support them nearly as much as I do Arsenal).

Will be interesting to see if he can perform in a level somewhat similar to his Fluminense days.
i knew about romario and bebeto and politics my point was that they are still trying to make a living and producing money.
and btw...
Glorioso te Sigo, Não importa qual for o estádio,
Pela luz de uma estrela, seu caminho é iluminado,
Botafogo minha vida, sem tamanha minha alegria,

skip spence

Can't see Diego Costa moving to China. It may be that he fancies it but I can't see Chelsea letting him go unless his contract is running out soon?

He may sulk for a few weeks but will fall back into line.

If I'm wrong he'll go for some ridiculous money and Chelsea will probably be better off in the long run, the sobs.

Top Bottom