• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Re: Non-Arsenal transfers & rumours - summer

Klaus Daimler said:
Yeah, I rate El Hamdaoui very highly too. I actually thought it was him we were after at first when rumours had it that Arsenal were interested in a moroccan striker. Intelligent player. I like the way AZ have been playing in recent years, but signing Koeman as their manager wasn't the best move perhaps.
Agree, I wouldn't have picked Koeman either. Don't like him - he isn't honest- and I don't like the football he plays.

Didn't think about El Hamdaoui myself when a Morrocan striker was mentioned, mainly because he's a boy from Rotterdam. Would have been nice for Robin to be able to play with 1 of his streetfootball mates again. For me the most Wenger kind of player at AZ is Dembele.Think the problem with signing either of them is that AZ do not need money & if they'ld sell, they'ld ask a transferfee, that would most likely scare off Wenger.

Anzac

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Sottobosco said:
Not following. Real Madrid's income is the highest in the world. If they buy, its because they've earned the right to do so.
No, it's because they've loaned money to do so. Caja Madrid and Banco Santander have loaned them almost £200 million this summer to do their business. Santander was also the bank which extended all the credit to Real last time it all went Pete Tong for them and the city of Madrid had to bail them out of a crushing debt. Added to that, they've recently disclosed that they gave Calderón somewhere around €60 million last summer as he tried (but failed) to secure a transfer for Ronaldo. United, Barcelona, Lyon and Arsenal all had a higher operating income than Real did last season.

Further to this Real get about 60% of the television rights for La Liga, and Barca about 25-30% - even with those rights being nothing in comparison to the PL it's an astounding imbalance. Even the newly promoted PL clubs get more income than most of the Spanish clubs - Derby & Co got about 30m on promotion from their share of the televiosion rights.

As such it's a bit rich when clubs complain about the CL revenues & the widening gap to the top/big4 & using it to justify their sugar daddy investors.

Slightly off topic but I was interested to learn in the recent AW article that the French clubs don't pay for their grounds etc as it's all owned by the State, so that financial/economic advantage isn't limited to just Spanish or Italian clubs.

JazzG

Established Member

What a set of wingers Bayern Munich have, Robben on the left and Ribery on the right. Look around world football and you will not find a better set of wide players anywhere. If they can keep Robben fit he will tear the German league apart and even in the CL he will excel.

I'm not sure who else they have but I reckon Bayern should go for Van der Vaart as well, that would of give them such creativity side that even though they might not have so called world class strikers (though they aren't bad to be fair) those guys will create chance after chance and chip in with goals.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Another Dutchman on the move potentially, Heitinga to Everton for 5 mill apparantly. Source is the Sun. Interesting one if true. He looks very muscular these days so maybe that will prepare him for this league but i'v seen him have a few shockers in La Liga.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Tucay Sanli and Rober Huth to Stoke for a combined £11 million with Sunderland's Collins possibly following them.

Tuncay will improve Stoke and could even have been useful here at the Emirates, he offers a lot of what Chamakh does and is already used to league as well. Good signing for Stoke, never rated Huth and probably never will.

Stephen Warnock join Villa for a reported £8 million

Warnock for £8 million is a bit overpriced. To be fair however he has been good for Blackburn recently and decent full back. He could push Bridge for England second LB spot now he is at a big-ish club with a lot of English players. I have a sneaky feeling Capello will be spending a lot of time at Villa Park this season.

number_0

Established Member

Stoke in spending more than arsenal in the transfer window shocker.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Reading between the line, it looks like Roy Hodgson was hoping someone would make a big cash offer for Hangeland. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical but that what it sounds like.
With the transfer window shutting on Tuesday afternoon, Aston Villa would be Hangeland's last game in a Fulham shirt if he leaves. But Hodgson hopes the £2.5m signing chooses to stay.

''I suppose there's two or three days left, and it still might happen. But I think that it's great if he stays here,'' he added. ''He has been fantastic for us. I think he is a very good footballer.''

Should Hangeland leave Fulham, the club would no doubt command a large fee for the Norwegian international and Hodgson believes Man City's summer spending spree has inflated the market and is shocked that a defender can now be worth more than £20m.

''Maybe in the past all of us would have been a bit sceptical about a centre-half costing £20m,'' he continued. ''We could have seen it for a midfielder or a forward but I wouldn't have thought centre-backs cost £20m - but now they do.

''A top class centre-back really wanted by one of the big clubs in the country that has got the money could easily be a 20m plus transfer.''
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=671673&sec=transfers&cc=null

Paddy from Sweden

David Elm, older brother of Rasmus Elm, is according to Swedish newspapers on his way to Fulham. They report he's going there today to have a medical.

Good player but without a doubt the least talented of the three Elm brothers. No idea though how he'll do in the Premier League. Have my doubts.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Me too. He hasn't been that great this season, has he? At some point during the -06 season I thought he was gonna amount to something but his development has been sloping off a bit since. He's a striker, almost 6 ft 4 tall, with good physique. I guess these are the qualities Fulham are after. He's probably gonna be used as a classic english centreforward to hold up the ball better and make some space in their attack. They've lacked those particular qualities lately. They're lacking a goalscorer too, though, and Elm definitely isn't one.

Paddy from Sweden

Can do nothing but agree with you Klaus. Looked destined for something in '06 but has somewhat stagnated. Will be interesting though to see how he copes with the PL.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

What the? Elm have 2 brothers? I always thought theres only 2 of them

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

They all used to play for the same team too.

David is the oldest and the least talented of the three but I wouldn't rule him out of having a good career in England - I just don't find it very likely. Hodgson knows what he's doing though and he's very familiar with the swedish league, so if he sees something in Elm then perhaps there's a reason for it.

patrick42uk

Established Member

West ham in some sort of swap loan for manuel da costa with Savio going the other way to Fiorentina. Manuel Da costa impressed me for PSV a few seasons back, good on the ball, good physical qualities and a very dogged defender. Not quite sure why it didnt work out for him at Fiorentina though

qs

Established Member

Very quiet considering theres less than 24 hours left

Alfonso

Established Member

Fabio Grosso has joined Juve from Lyon.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/31/1472824/official-juventus-sign-lyon-left-back-fabio-grosso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... bio-grosso</a>

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

which is interesting since this was just published today as well..

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=672356&sec=transfers&cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901</a>

nazo

Established Member

Very quiet day for transfers which is odd.

Anyway:
Kranjcar's on his way to the ****.
Turner signed for Sunderland.
Wolves signed Maierhofer, the Austrian Crouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom