• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Mundo Deportivo in Spain have named the four players highest on Barcelona's hit-list this summer, including Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Bilbao's French centre-back Aymeric Laporte, Villarreal midfielder Bruno Soriano and Arturo Vidal from Juventus.

La Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy believe Juventus have met with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to arrange a £70 million deal for Paul Pogba, which could trigger interest from Chelsea and Manchester City instantly.

Tutosport run the headline 'I do not sell Pogba', a quote from Juventus president Andrea Agnelli, who believes Pogba can achieve all he wants at the Turin giants.

Over in Spain, Marca are also running the line that both Real Madrid and PSG are 'Hot for Pogba', with the former Manchester United midfielder reportedly reluctant to sign a new deal at Juventus.

Source

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bruno Soriano is pure quality, rated him for years, surprised over the years he hasn't moved on like most of his Villareal team mate's from back in the day - could be a boyhood fan of the club, thinking about it.

Wouldn't mind him here.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Agree fully with GDeep, quality player. Don't think he'll ever move anywhere though, when Villarreal went from CL side to relegation within twelve months he didn't hesitate to sign a new eight year contract until 2020, said during the presser that he feels responsible for the club going to Segunda.

akhil

^^ That's classy from him. Respect!
Wish there more players had that kind of mentality.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Maybe Villareal need the money? He'd be a good signing here, he doesn't seem like a typical Barca signing.

Pogba turned down 50k a week at Juve saying he'll discuss his future after the world cup, so sounds like he's off. Really out of our territory though for all the wishlisting. I can't imagine Juve selling Vidal and Pogba in the same window either.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/03/12/4679146/dzeko-told-he-can-leave-manchester-city?ICID=AR_PN_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=AR_PN_1</a>

Would people take Dzeko here?

thedon5

SiMamu said:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/03/12/4679146/dzeko-told-he-can-leave-manchester-city?ICID=AR_PN_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would people take Dzeko here?

He was wishlisted by quite a few people here not too long ago.

I can't for the life of me see why.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dzeko is cack, has his moments where he looks like Zlatan - often when City are smashing some team, leaves a lot to desire otherwise.

Depends what people want, I think some JUST want an upgrade on Giroud, Dzeko, Remy, Mandzukic fit that bill, but I want more.

City and Chelsea are already better than us, with better squads, and they'll only improve by signing in areas where they're weak, good luck to anyone who thinks we're closing the gap by signing the above type strikers. I want us to spend 100M on 3 players.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Dzeko is a bit better in the sense that:

I think if you stuck Dzeko in a hypothetical team then he would do better than Giroud. I'm not sure Dzeko would do better at Arsenal if that makes sense.

ArseGod

A donkey with one leg would potentially do better than Giroud here. At least we wouldn't have to look at that stupid grin of his. Man, he irritates me.

Floating

Established Member
Dzeko would probably score more goals than Giroud in this team, but he wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

mo50

Established Member
A lot of players would do better than Giroud, that shouldn't be our goal at all. We need a top CF.

That said, when August 31 inevitably rolls around and we've done nothing up front, I'd take Dzeko.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Dzeko is a goo forward who I rate but we need a more dynamic forward, I would turn down RVP on the same ground plus he's a c***.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Dzeko is another Giroud type, albeit better in some areas. He relies on crosses, cutbacks so would not do Özil any favours in terms of pace, movement.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Read in yesterday's papers that Lukaku will be sold by Chelsea and Sp**s are interested in Remy.

Lukaku remunds me of Sturridge, not going to sit on the bench for anyone, hungry to play.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can't see Chelsea selling him to us (despite them selling Mata to United) but he'd be somebody Wenger would turn into a monster, wouldn't be happy with him on his own though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He wants to leave, we could out-bid most other clubs, Everton want him for example.

Not sure Chelsea will turn down a bid from us if its the best one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea will be so stupid to let Lukaku go he is Mourinho type of player. and if they want to sell i will be very happy if we buy him the guy is beast but knowing Mourinho he will sell him to club out side the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom