• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
Chelsea are pushing ahead with a £90m summer swoop for Everton duo John Stones and Romelu Lukaku. (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/509873/Chelsea-90m-double-deal-Everton-Stones-Lukaku)

Jurgen Klopp is preparing for his second transfer window as manager of the Reds and had been expected to be busy. (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/509790/Jurgen-Klopp-hint-Liverpool-summer-transfer-plans)

Tottenham and West Ham are ready to battle it out for the services of Marseille star Michy Batshuayi, according to reports in France. (http://talksport.com/football/totte...m-marseille-star-michy-batshuayi-160422193109)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gundogan and Hummels to City? Would be incredible early transfers for Pep to get. I think he'd probably even keep faith with Sterling, Aguero and De Bruyne as a front 3 too. Then Silva probably starts, I hear that he wants to keep Fernandinho too. After that he'd possibly only need a full-back or two and he'd have a good first team probably easily capable of winning the league at least.

Exciting times if you're a City fan. Also I think their youth setup is actually getting quite good too, so no doubt Pep will have no problem promoting of few if he feels they're good enough.

Tir Na Nog

Is it bad that I'm a tad excited to see how and what City do next year? :lol:

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Is it bad that I'm a tad excited to see how and what City do next year? :lol:
Lol i wouldn't say i'm excited, more like ****ing jealous. City made two great signings last summer in Sterling and KDB, expect to see more of the same. All i'm hoping is that City need wholesale changes, especially in midfield and defence, which means the team won't start hitting the ground straight away. Will hopefully give us some sort of chance at the league. Same with United and Chelsea. Sp**s & Pool will be a force again next year i reckon. Leicester less so.

Toast

Established Member
Ter Stegen is rumoured to join City as well. Hart to Liverpool maybe? Hummels and Gundogan to City makes a lot of sense too. Pep loves a ball playing CB and I reckon he might try Gundogan in the role of Busquets at Barca or Lahm, when he played in midfield, at Bayern.

I think Pep will need a bit of time to implement his system, but once he gets the team up and running I expect them to take the league by storm. They might not win it next season if somebody hits the ground running and can get clear by a big margin by the time City really click.

-----------Ter Stegen
? - Kompany - Hummels - ?
-------------Gundogan
------Fernandinho - Silva
KdB -------- Aguero ----- Sterling

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Ter Stegen is rumoured to join City as well. Hart to Liverpool maybe? Hummels and Gundogan to City makes a lot of sense too. Pep loves a ball playing CB and I reckon he might try Gundogan in the role of Busquets at Barca or Lahm, when he played in midfield, at Bayern.

I think Pep will need a bit of time to implement his system, but once he gets the team up and running I expect them to take the league by storm. They might not win it next season if somebody hits the ground running and can get clear by a big margin by the time City really click.

-----------Ter Stegen
-------------Gundogan
Erghh..absolutely filthy team

Tir Na Nog

-----------Ter Stegen
-------------Gundogan

Rafinha and Bernat if Lahm and Alaba are the nailed on starters for Bayern may be wanting a move if they're guaranteed starters for Pep at City.

Toast

Established Member
Erghh..absolutely filthy team

It could be worse. As I recall they've also been linked with Pogba and Rodriguez.

-----------Ter Stegen
? - Kompany - Hummels - Rodriguez
-------------Gundogan
------Pogba----------- Silva

:lol::(

@Tir Na Nog
Possibly, but they'd probably cost big money since Bayern don't like to sell. I don't rate Rafinha though. Bernat I'm not sure on. Seems dodgy, but talented. Haven't seen that much of him, mind.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

City actually having a manager that players want to play for is a huge problem. This is a team who could match Messi's release clause tomorrow if he showed interest. We've already had Pogba express interest in playing for Pep and the calibre of players they're being linked with before the window has even opened is worrying.

Not looking forward to Pep at city at all but I've made peace with it and I'm already looking forward to the end of his contract.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can't see city play Barca/Bayern football. They have the attacking footballers, not so much in midfield control and defence. Pep wil need to change a lot, will be hilarious if he makes Mangala et al an integral part.

Impact

Established Member
The beauty of Pep's management is the versatility of his style. He has a basic philosophy that focuses on keeping the ball and on winning it back quickly. But how it plays out depends on the team he has available. At Bayern he has used out and out wingers. At Barca, he had wide forwards. At Bayern, full backs were additional playmakers. At Barca, they predominantly outlets etc etc.

We know a basic amount of what City will look like next year style wise, but the intricacies are yet to be revealed to us. That's what makes him so exciting.

Not like our dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom