• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Thread: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,402
  • Views 146,990
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nkunku is class player but Chelsea have no clear system no clear plan what kind players they want to buy. They just want to buy everyone who is good.

Still at least he'll help them to score goals

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nkunku is class player but Chelsea have no clear system no clear plan what kind players they want to buy. They just want to buy everyone who is good.

This is a good point, tactically how do Nkunku, Havertz and Mount play together? It’s not clear what the plan really is, I’m not sure Nkunku can play CF in the PL like he does in bundesliga. I thought Chelsea need a more traditional CF.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is a good point, tactically how do Nkunku, Havertz and Mount play together? It’s not clear what the plan really is, I’m not sure Nkunku can play CF in the PL like he does in bundesliga. I thought Chelsea need a more traditional CF.
They have so many forwards and i don't understand what they are doing they just bought auba and sterling they have Pulisic Havertz Ziyech and Mount like you said unless they get rid of Pulisic and Ziyech then Nkunku will make bit sense.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I imagine they have to play him there and make him their main man. It really could have a ton of upside, although while Bundisliga comes a load of uncertainty Nkunku looks a special talent.

I actually just watched Werner's 44 goal/assist season and I'm surprised he didn't make it in the PL. His dribbling, link up play and finishing all seem top class.

MikeVinna

Established Member

Probably CF mostly because their alternative is Auba who contributes nothing if he’s not scoring.

Goonger

Look at their signings in the past 5 years or so. The likes of Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Kovacic, Jorginho, Morata, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Rudiger, Zapacosta, Emerson, Barkley, Kepa, Higuain, Ziyech, Mendy, Sarr, Chilwell, Lukaku, Saul Niguez.

How many on that list have been really successful? Rudiger? Kovacic? Silva? Jorginho?

Even this summer they spent another £250M+ and the jury is out on the likes of Cucurella, Koulibaly and Sterling. Their current best players are probably a 49 year old central defender, and a right back and midfielder that's come through the academy.

At some point they need to get it right but their transfers the last 5 years are probably worse than ours the 5 years before Arteta, and they were pretty bad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting signing. That said, apparently the Chelsea players are not feeling Potter, Tuchel on another level according to Kieren Dyer - who’s hearing this from some of the players in the group.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Probably CF mostly because their alternative is Auba who contributes nothing if he’s not scoring.

Nkunku CF in the PL? Not to be all yer da about it but I don’t think he has the physicality for that, I may be wrong.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Nkunku almost never played CF. Behind the striker, classic #10 or on either wing but very rarely at centre forward

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Yann Sommer about to sign as a free agent for Man United. Brilliant shot stopper who's been getting better every season in recent years and one of the best ever on penalties, but also about to turn 34 not great on the ball and a pathetically short midget at 6 foot. Not worried about this

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Nkunku almost never played CF. Behind the striker, classic #10 or on either wing but very rarely at centre forward

Well that just raises more questions about why Chelsea have gone for him, when they already have Havertz and Mount.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Well that just raises more questions about why Chelsea have gone for him, when they already have Havertz and Mount.
Because they have some fat American billionaire as a DoF. Nkunku is class and better than everyone else they have but pretty much the last position they needed to strengthen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom