• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Thread: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,575
  • Views 492,505
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

What happened to playing for Rosario before he retires? You’re already richer than God, your career in Europe is over, why play in MLS when you could play for your hometown team.
He might still do it after MLS.

You also figure he’d lose some sponsorships off blacklash if he chose to go to SA.
He's a tourism ambassador for SA already. Clearly doesn't give a **** about that angle.

DuBB

BBC say 55m

They did this with the Gakpo deal, too.

Liverpool are very good at briefing their press early to get the base fee as the price and not the fee including add-ons.

It's kind of old school in a way.

Add-ons have only in the last 5-10 years been public and included in deal figures, but I remember a time when you wouldn't find out about an add-on until it was triggered.

Nobody used to know about sell-on percentages, European qualification bonuses or relegation release clauses but now in order to print the biggest figure, every scenario and every clause is included when reported.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah I can see Perez coming for our starboy in a year or so. Ødegaard and Saliba as well if they continue their development.

We need to keep performing so we can keep our lads together. They are going to be in demand in the coming seasons.

benjamin86

Established Member
They did this with the Gakpo deal, too.

Liverpool are very good at briefing their press early to get the base fee as the price and not the fee including add-ons.

It's kind of old school in a way.

Add-ons have only in the last 5-10 years been public and included in deal figures, but I remember a time when you wouldn't find out about an add-on until it was triggered.

Nobody used to know about sell-on percentages, European qualification bonuses or relegation release clauses but now in order to print the biggest figure, every scenario and every clause is included when reported.
All the press were reporting it as a release clause, which never made much sense to me as why would Brighton stick a 35m release on when they only agreed a new contract in 2022.

edit
BBC website has now changed it to 35m rising to 55m!

DuBB

All the press were reporting it as a release clause, which never made much sense to me as why would Brighton stick a 35m release on when they only agreed a new contract in 2022.

edit
BBC website has now changed it to 35m rising to 55m!

lol, as I said in my post above - Liverpool are very good at briefing the press as to what figure they want to be the main figure talked about

benjamin86

Established Member
lol, as I said in my post above - Liverpool are very good at briefing the press as to what figure they want to be the main figure talked about
It was just the whole release clause thing that was confusing.

So that's how they also "get" such good fees selling too, they just list the top price with all the add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom