• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,692
  • Views 154,674

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
The rumour is that there was PL interest but Villa turned it down for a worse deal on getting the player to go overseas. I wonder what @Stevo the Villan thoughts are on this. Are those players good enough when you could of got straight cash from PL clubs? It seems like a false economy.

I mean selling RVP to United was horrible, but we got Santi Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski from most of the funds. And it made sense long term for us.
By all accounts one of the main reasons we're accepting players as part of the deal is for PSR reasons. From what I've heard, 20m plus the two players goes on the books as a 60m deal which is almost all profit.

I'm not particularly enthused by either player we're getting. I don't rate McKennie and I haven't seen much Iling.

But if those are players that Emery wants then I can see why the deal made sense. 60m profit including signing two players.

That deal plus the Duran transfer could be 100m or so of profit. That wipes our PSR losses out in two transfers

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom