• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Basically nothing then. On what merit did they got approval?

Beckham's original contract with MLS in 2007 included an option for a future expansion team (at a pre-negotiated rate) after his playing days were over. He exercised the option in 2014, but it's taken quite awhile to put together the necessary ownership and stadium package. Looks like a shrewd move on his part to get that option.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bernardo and David Silva are better centrally, Aguero can't play outwide and KDB is probably better off in midfield as well. None of those guys have the pace that Pep looks for in his wide players really.

Regardless, league's won anyway.

Even with the transfer request this should be pretty expensive.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You're justifying it? Bernardo Silva, Foden, Zinchenko & Diaz can all play out wide, or they could change formation. It's called 'make do and mend'.
Where did I justify it? That's Guardiola's way of looking at it, he's said multiple times tiredness is going to catch up to them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Where did I justify it? That's Guardiola's way of looking at it, he's said multiple times tiredness is going to catch up to them.

You said they only have two wingers. That sounded like a justification. The point is that they don't just have two wingers, they have other players they can play there if they're really committed to giving them a chance. I know Bernardo Silva will eventually come central, but Foden, Diaz & Zinchenko are all highly-rated prospects that can play out wide.

Anyway i'm confused, do you think it's justified or not?

dave_rwr

Established Member
A bit of revisionism going on in here, imo. If we were in City's shoes, top of the league and playing on four fronts with an injury prone CB and a 7-week injury to one of our key players, we'd all be calling for bodies to be brought in to help secure the title that is frankly, never secured until it's done. Yes, the prices are crazy and yes, they're lucky that they can do it. But let's not talk about the approach itself as if it's crazy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You said they only have two wingers. That sounded like a justification. The point is that they don't just have two wingers, they have other players they can play there if they're really committed to giving them a chance. I know Bernardo Silva will eventually come central, but Foden, Diaz & Zinchenko are all highly-rated prospects that can play out wide.

Anyway i'm confused, do you think it's justified or not?
What do you mean by justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom