• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Wouldn’t mind having Malcolm on that RW right now tbh. A loan until the end of the season would be perfect for all parties involved

Why would this be perfect for all parties, we’re not a feeder club ffs? I also highly doubt a 21year old coming to a new league would improve us in those 6 months.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Why would this be perfect for all parties, we’re not a feeder club ffs? I also highly doubt a 21year old coming to a new league would improve us in those 6 months.
I disagree, I think he would definitely improve us. I don’t see how that would make us a feeder club since we’re doing ourselves a bigger favor than Barca imo. We’re not buying anyone in January according to reports and we really need a right winger. Passing on a opportunity like this for pride (?) is just stupid.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I disagree, I think he would definitely improve us. I don’t see how that would make us a feeder club since we’re doing ourselves a bigger favor than Barca imo. We’re not buying anyone in January according to reports and we really need a right winger. Passing on a opportunity like this for pride (?) is just stupid.

Do you really believe he’d come here and slot right in the first team lol? Don’t be naive mate.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Andreas Christensen is intent on playing and prepared to leave Chelsea. Now the idea of Aaron Ramsey playing for Chelsea is abhorrent to me, but if he’s going to leave could this be a way of getting something out of it?

I’d only consider it if Christensen was an elite or elite potential CB. I know Chelsea fans rate him highly, but what do we reckon? Is he good enough to be the long term fix for our defence?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Andreas Christensen is intent on playing and prepared to leave Chelsea. Now the idea of Aaron Ramsey playing for Chelsea is abhorrent to me, but if he’s going to leave could this be a way of getting something out of it?

I’d only consider it if Christensen was an elite or elite potential CB. I know Chelsea fans rate him highly, but what do we reckon? Is he good enough to be the long term fix for our defence?

This came to my mind as well (last January seems to have made me less skeptical of swap deals). I've always rated Christensen very highly. I saw him play quite a bit when he was on loan at Borussia Monchengladbach, where he was actually voted Player of the Season. Conte seemed to love him. Sarra, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to rate him as highly. So yeah, I'd definitely go for such a swap.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
According to Sport and Algemeen Dagblad, Manchester City are willing to pay 70-80 million euros for Frenkie de Jong. They are willing to let him stay at Ajax till the summer though.

Hope they don't get him. Rather Barca over an English club bar us of course.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The idea of Ramsey playing for Chelsea is hilarious to me. Sarri values consistent technical excellence in a midfielder. Seeing Ramsey's first touch every day in training would kill him faster than the chain smoking.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Unfortunately, I think both him and Frenkie are out of our reach. I'd be livid if either of them end up at Sp**s, though. Can't keep having my favorite Ajax players move to them.

De Ligt still needs to work some on his positioning and he has been a bit sloppy as of late, but toptalent and built like a tank.

Vantastico

If we could have De Ligt next to Holding, we would have the top young CB pairing in Europe. What a massive statement a signing of that caliber would be.

It would cost somewhere around 70m or perhaps even more than that, so I get why people are saying it would be out of our reach. But I would rather pay that amount and sort out our central defense for the next decade than buy another Mustafi for 40m.

Signings like him, Thomas Partey and Ryan Sessegnon would have us right back on track for CL/PL contenders.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Unfortunately, I think both him and Frenkie are out of our reach. I'd be livid if either of them end up at Sp**s, though. Can't keep having my favorite Ajax players move to them.

De Ligt still needs to work some on his positioning and he has been a bit sloppy as of late, but toptalent and built like a tank.

They would suit us perfectly though, never ever gonna happen with the mentioned prices they are out of our reach.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Jack Grealish to Arsenal? Anybody hear anything about this?

LfmB8tdrQmerJGKnJURF_fw.png

HBL

Established Member
Didn't realise Foden was out of contract next summer? Juve after him apparently and Brahim Diaz is also likely to leave.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I doubt very much, that is true. Anyhow it is though - yes please.

I'd sacrifice Welbeck and Mkhi to make it happen.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom