• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2019

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

How was Unai's relationship with Rabiot? If it was excellent, perhaps he can entice him to come over...

Emery wanted to play his a holding player but Rabiot wanted to continue as a box-to-box player who could get forward. Not sure if it's the best.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Is that a rumour or more concrete? Cos it’s quite depressing if too, he could be doing much more with his career than going to Ligue 1.
All but done, Maxwell has been pictured with Frenkie’s agent. That only happens if the clubs are close to a deal. I wanted him to go to the PL, now I’m only going to see him in the UCL/internationals.

Fun fact: Ajax got him for the token price of €1 when he was 16, and loaned some players from the second team to Willem II. 75M for him now, what a deal.

Preacher

Always Crying
Dembele was late to training again. This time he arrived 2 hours late. All teammates were already done with training, Valverde ignored him, so he trained by himself with fitness coach.
Is he trying to force Barca's hand? Or his work ethic is below par ?

Last edited:

Mudi

Dembele was late to training again. This time he arrived 2 hours late. All teammates were already done with training, Valverde ignored him, so he trained by himself with fitness coach.
He clearly wants to leave and he is trying to force Barca's hand.
He can go to Man Utd and join the team with Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, ... Would fit perfectly: getting big money for doing nothing.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Rabiot, Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi would be a ridiculous midfield. Massively make up for losing Ramsey.

I don't know about that. The club should replace Elneny with someone more capeable, but Ramsey is so specific in his profile that I don't think he's outright replaceable if used the right way at Arsenal. I really don't want another guy who can do it all good but excels at basically nothing in Rabiot.

I'd much rather keep Ramsey, bin Elneny, get a proper ballwinner backup for Torreira and nudge Guendouzi more towards Xhaka's style over next season, than bin Ramsey and get whiny Rabiot and his agent mum and have the next 3rd guy in midfield be of the roughly same mold as Xhaka and Matteo. Or get someone who can do Ramsey's pressing and versatility but is happy to ride the bench.

Toby

Is he trying to force Barca's hand? Or his work ethic is below par ?

probably both cause the guy's a lazy cvnt. Believes he's owed something for his talent and thinks he's made it on the back of 1 season at Rennes, 1 season at Dortmund and a ridiculously overpriced transfer to Barca who were absolutely idiotic to buy him when they did. If he continues behaving like this he'll be handed to midtable teams or relegation fodder at 25. The ex super talent who didn't have the guts to make it count and work hard at a top club, and plods his time away at West Ham or Newcastle or something.

Toby

If this happens, I'm done :lol:

The guy has a contract until 2026....I think he's Atletico through and through. Also these Simeone lads seldomly seem to leave that club/their manager. Griezmann, Koke, Godin, Oblak - they all could have left multiple times in recent years for "bigger" clubs but they didn't. The only really integral players they lost were Turan, Costa and Filipe Luis, and the latter two have returned by now. Think the chances are very, very slim City get Saul.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The guy has a contract until 2026....I think he's Atletico through and through. Also these Simeone lads seldomly seem to leave that club/their manager. Griezmann, Koke, Godin, Oblak - they all could have left multiple times in recent years for "bigger" clubs but they didn't. The only really integral players they lost were Turan, Costa and Filipe Luis, and the latter two have returned by now. Think the chances are very, very slim City get Saul.

Feel he’s likely to stay now, people don’t realise how close to signing him we actually were a few years ago.

Toby

What's been the cause of his decline?

He's had a lot of fitness and health issues over the last season - not big stuff but a lot of minor stuff. Tranfermarkt lists 10 short term injuries for 17/18. He's never really been able to get into form last season. Has lost a good portion of pace, although he's a generally good passer, he never was as great as say Boateng in that regard.

Overall he just seems very, very off and saturated. Seems more occupied with off field stuff with an eye already on life past football. Heavily influenced in his decision making by his obsessed with becoming a celebrity wife. Loves to see himself as a straight laced, honest guy, but at the same time he's shown a nasty streak in that, laying blame for bad performances on teammates, the media or whoever is available.

He's athletically declined, longtime out of form, saturated mentally and seemingly not completely focused on football.

Latest posts

Top Bottom