• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I wouldn't put anything past Vardy, knowing his history, the weird juxtaposition of his lifestyle and athletic performance and everything. The guy's ridiculously athletic with a work horse mentality at 33, I sometimes wonder if he's on PEDs or something.

Thats why I'm interested to see the decline, take him and CR7, obviously two different levels aside Vardy actually looks to have kept his physical level going while CR7 has had a bit of a drop off in pace etc.

I wonder if being at the top for longer reduces longevity.

Also comparing the two on the eye test you would say CR7 would be the fitter and better conditioned of the two, so has the years of gym work had an affect on decline.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Thats why I'm interested to see the decline, take him and CR7, obviously two different levels aside Vardy actually looks to have kept his physical level going while CR7 has had a bit of a drop off in pace etc.

I wonder if being at the top for longer reduces longevity.

Also comparing the two on the eye test you would say CR7 would be the fitter and better conditioned of the two, so has the years of gym work had an affect on decline.
Vardy has played professional football for maybe 8 years. Ronaldo has played it for 18 years. I'm sure it takes its toll. It's not wierd at all for me

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Vardy has played professional football for maybe 8 years. Ronaldo has played it for 18 years. I'm sure it takes its toll. It's not wierd at all for me

It is for me as Ronaldo has had the best nutritional, medical and physical assistance vs Vardy who hasnt, I'm 32 and my body is ****ed from gym work so it interests me.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

It is for me as Ronaldo has had the best nutritional, medical and physical assistance vs Vardy who hasnt, I'm 32 and my body is ****ed from gym work so it interests me.
He most likely got some of the best professional help how to work out in the gym and did correct weight and weight-increases with good form. While you did not, this is assuming your body is f*cked because of injuries. If not, would you mind telling me? Whats interesting, him being fit?

I'm soon 33, i've worked out quite a bit in my life and does muay-thai twice a week currently. No problems with my body.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He most likely got some of the best professional help how to work out in the gym and did correct weight and weight-increases with good form. While you did not, this is assuming your body is f*cked because of injuries. If not, would you mind telling me? Whats interesting, him being fit?

I'm soon 33, i've worked out quite a bit in my life and does muay-thai twice a week currently. No problems with my body.

No, what interests me is Vardy still going at 33 and his level of fitness and lack of injuries when he hasnt had the same care as someone like CR7 who has had top notch care throughout.

Vardy also would have had questionable nutrition at a lower level and I wonder what levels of professionalism he had.

If Vardy got injured young what his recovery was like etc.

My body is ****ed from lifting extremely heavy from the ages of 20-28 and putting on a lot of muscle mass/weight through steroid use, cutting, rinse repeat etc.

Injuries also played a part but dramatic changes in weight gain puts a lot of pressure on your joints and ligaments, add to that grinding from lifting.

And my form was fine thanks.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Happy to hear it. Annoying prick who plays rough and acts tough. Won't be missed in the Prem

Found him irritating ever since that villa season where they challenged for the top four. Big John Carew, gobby Gabby agbon etc. Seems a long time ago now.

Funny thing is I'm sure he's a gooner.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Vardy also would have had questionable nutrition at a lower level and I wonder what levels of professionalism he had.

There's information out there about these. It was a hot topic during the year Leicester won the title. I mentioned a "weird juxtaposition of his lifestyle and athletic performance" for a reason.

Vardy used to be an avid drinker, including his first couple of years with Leicester until he was convinced to give it up by club management. He uses smokeless tobacco products, drinks Red Bull and according to his own words doesn't work out in a gym or do much weighlifting.

My guess is that Vardy's workout regimen consists almost entirely of cardio work and football-related activities. He keeps fit by running a lot, essentially.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

No, what interests me is Vardy still going at 33 and his level of fitness and lack of injuries when he hasnt had the same care as someone like CR7 who has had top notch care throughout.

My body is ****ed from lifting extremely heavy from the ages of 20-28 and putting on a lot of muscle mass/weight through steroid use, cutting, rinse repeat etc.

Injuries also played a part but dramatic changes in weight gain puts a lot of pressure on your joints and ligaments, add to that grinding from lifting.

Well. They have not put in lots of weight in a short time. So they don't have that problem at least.
Vardy playing 10 years of professional football less than Ronaldo is enough explanation for me.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Ok :confused:
You don't think 10 years of professional football takes toll ?
If ronaldo had played 10 years less he would probably be at a way higher level than Vardy fitness-wise.

There is a reason why younger players usually get injuries and injury problems when they start playing football regularly at professional level too early.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Has Soumoure decided if he’s joining Utd or Chelsea?

To me it looks like Utd are rebuilding their midfield and then selling Pogba, thus saving themselves having to go into the market with clubs knowing they have the Pogba money and need replacements.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

AC Milan are apparently close on getting Dani Olmo for 30M€ which is a very good deal.

Also this from Castles:

Even at that price Bellingham’s a steal, kid’s going to be a star. Sickening stuff.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I hate to say it but I can see United challenging again in a couple of years. Their transfer business of late has been solid after years of signing overpriced duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom