• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,131
  • Views 96,354
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why they didn't cash in the summer? Now they about losing him for free. Big clubs can't stop acting stupid.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not surprised, he’s a confidence player and needs minutes like when he was at West Ham.

9 goals and 4 assists in 6 months yet some still don’t rate him.

He’s been ok this year for them as well. Looks a threat.

Think he’d work well here at a knock down price. Attacking midfield is a tough position to fill.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lingard actually would be good here...decent mix of pace and skill, good numbers and a high workrate which Mikel will love.

He does seem an annoying person though, plus he repeatedly danced at our ground...guess it could be seen as kinda embarrassing to want him after all that, plus he would be a "Yanited reject" ...can understand why people don't want him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

9 goals and 4 assists in 6 months yet some still don’t rate him.
It's not about rating him. Don't try to twist what has been discussed. He was amazing at West Ham. Everyone knows that.

It was also the first time in his career he was really good, so it can be a purple patch, and he seems like an old prick who hates Arsenal.

drippin

I don't know why United didn't try to sell Lingard when they could still get a decent fee for him last summer, as he clearly wasn't going to play much for them.

That's the kind kind of dumbness, you usually see from Arsenal :lol:
They also extended Mata for a year. :lol: I guess one thing affecting was Rashford's injury, but it's a different position.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

plus he would be a "Yanited reject" ...can understand why people don't want him.

Danny Welbeck is a Yanited reject yet you’re still on your knees for him 👀

It's not about rating him. Don't try to twist what has been discussed. He was amazing at West Ham. Everyone knows that.

It was also the first time in his career he was really good, so it can be a purple patch, and he seems like an old prick who hates Arsenal.

Fake news plus you’re overstating this stuff about him hating Arsenal - it’s modern day football, any player or manager can move anywhere.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why are people vouching for Lingard who only had 1 good half of a season with West Ham? Not the player we need to elevate our level.

We need a boost in January to get a CL spot, if it’s Lingard then I’m all for it.

I think our fans on here are too obsessed with long term signings which rarely happen in January. If we sign Lingard for 5-10m and he give us a boost similar to West Ham (9 goals and 4 assists in the PL), I’d upgrade on him and make him a squad player if we secure CL football in the summer.

That’s the type of ruthlessness that gets you to the top. All the above is unlikely though as Utd wouldn’t improve us as we’re competing for a top 4 spot.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
We need a boost in January to get a CL spot, if it’s Lingard then I’m all for it.

I think our fans on here are too obsessed with long term signings which rarely happen in January. If we sign Lingard for 5-10m and he give us a boost similar to West Ham (9 goals and 4 assists in the PL), I’d upgrade on him and make him a squad player if we secure CL football in the summer.

That’s the type of ruthlessness that gets you to the top. All the above is unlikely though as Utd wouldn’t improve us as we’re competing for a top 4 spot.
Even it if is Lingard on short term, he had one good run is his carreer for six months. No proof that he won't push us for a CL spot, at all. 6 good months don't have weight over a carreer long of mediocrity.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Even it if is Lingard on short term, he had one good run is his carreer for six months. No proof that he won't push us for a CL spot, at all. 6 good months don't have weight over a carreer long of mediocrity.

He’s been a squad player at Utd for a while now especially as he’s had to battle Bruno Fernandes for that position, so it’s hard to judge him at that circus. Also he’s the type of player that needs a run of games as shown at West Ham.

If an England international was doing those sort of numbers consistently, that would be 18 goals and 8 assists in a PL season. Would they even move to Arsenal?

We’re not that club anymore.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Honestly I was a bit baffled by why you were touting JLingz because long term he's clearly not the solution we need, but there is a kind of logic to bringing him in January for the goals. If it worked and we got a 3rd or 4th place finish it would give the club a massive platform to push on from. Personally I feel that Ødegaard needs to get a proper chance before he is replaced in the squad and he's the long term option for us if it works out so I wouldn't roll the dice on Lingard.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I was a bit baffled by why you were touting JLingz because long term he's clearly not the solution we need, but there is a kind of logic to bringing him in January for the goals. If it worked and we got a 3rd or 4th place finish it would give the club a massive platform to push on from. Personally I feel that Ødegaard needs to get a proper chance before he is replaced in the squad and he's the long term option for us if it works out so I wouldn't roll the dice on Lingard.

I said in the summer but Ødegaard isn’t a 10 imo. He’s more of an 8 because going off the numbers he’s at his best linking play from deep.

He’s probably never going to put up big numbers. I think Lingard is an end product player which we could actually do with. Especially if Pepe goes.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm not sure yet, Ødegaard's always looked better in the team as a 10 rather than an 8, although when he gets his game together I think he'll be ok in either position. We need end product and goals in the side for sure though, ideally from our Number 10

drippin

I'm not sure yet, Ødegaard's always looked better in the team as a 10 rather than an 8, although when he gets his game together I think he'll be ok in either position. We need end product and goals in the side for sure though, ideally from our Number 10
When Lingard was about Ødegaard's age, or maybe a bit older, he had 4+1 in 1634 minutes in EPL. Next year 1+2 in 1366 minutes in EPL.

Ødegaard has a good shot, and a good pass. There's nothing to worry yet, he hasn't even been a full season in EPL yet.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Reports Newcastle are being offered De Vrij and Brozovic.

Would take Brozovic here tbh. Could do nicely at the base of our midfield. Underrated quality player with experience and available on a free.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How Barca can finance a deal like this?

City already signed him for more than 20m and is a better player now and is playing for a club with unlimited financial power.

So probably minimum the double?
I read it'll be a loan initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom