• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,131
  • Views 96,284
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
There’s no guarantee. Minamino was hyped to the max when he signed. Numerous articles about why he was perfect for Klopp and and how United have missed out massively. Also it means they probably won’t go for Raphinha who is a cracking player and proven in the PL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There’s no guarantee. Minamino was hyped to the max when he signed. Numerous articles about why he was perfect for Klopp and and how United have missed out massively.
Utd weren't interested the media do like put utd and Arsenal names at any transfers these days

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Diaz is the most Liverpool player you can find a goal scoring winger that klopp love to have direct and can score from anywhere. He even better than Jota but of course going from Portugal to PL is different better teams and better defense so we'll see how he cope.

The timing of it is perfect for them as he won't have the pressure of directly replacing Mane or Salah straight away, giving him time to settle.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also love how Liverpool sign players like Jota and Diaz to replace stars like Mane, Firmino and Salah while they're still in their prime and haven't declined yet, but also how Jota and Diaz are both aged 25 and are on the cusps of their own prime. Once the latter three start to decline they have ready made replacement entering their prime years. Tho Jota seems almost a starter now with Mane and Firmino both fighting with him for 2 of the spots alongside Salah who's still very much in his prime. Also there's now that healthy competitiveness there. All of a sudden even someone like Salah will have to be on their toes as they know there's guys ready to come in there. It's squad building 101, it seems obvious yet certain clubs cannot replicate it the way Liverpool do it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The timing of it is perfect for them as he won't have the pressure of directly replacing Mane or Salah straight away, giving him time to settle.
Yes they bought him now because of Sp**s the plan was for the summer i still feel Salah might leave the contract talks is very blocked and they not interested giving him 300k.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I love how fans especially on Twitter try to make reasons as to why a player will fail by using things like lack of PL experience, players signed from the selling club have failed, so he might fail too etc. It just feels very salty to me as they’re all lazy excuses. For example, Grealish who everyone was going wild over and had PL experience looks pretty average in Man City’s system. So it’s a bit hard to determine who will succeed and who will flop.

Liverpool in general have had a very good success rate with their signings as they sign players to fit their system unlike Man Utd.

Goonger

I’d say that’s the main difference between the top 3 (City, Liverpool and Chelsea) and the rest of the teams. Some (can’t remember them all but @Riou hinted at it) were suggesting a few months back that it was coming to the end of Liverpool’s cycle which I found laughable. These sort of teams will always reinvent themselves especially with the demands at their clubs and the managers they have in charge.

The team I’m quite surprised about is Utd, they just seem way off the top 3 teams which is ridiculous with the resources they have available. The decision making at their club is probably on par with us over the past few years.

It's not that they will be left with inferior squads, it's more that finding managers who can get a team to reach 90+ points season after season is very rare, & that's what Liverpool & City have just now.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Cant wait until Diaz scores against us every time we gave each other!

(Hope he pulls a Keira and flops)

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's not that they will be left with inferior squads, it's more that finding managers who can get a team to reach 90+ points season after season is very rare, & that's what Liverpool & City have just now.
That true because pep and klopp did build thier squads and added players suit thier style made alot of improvements they won't decline until these managers leave and even so depend on the replacement.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
I love how fans especially on Twitter try to make reasons as to why a player will fail by using things like lack of PL experience, players signed from the selling club have failed, so he might fail too etc. It just feels very salty to me as they’re all lazy excuses. For example, Grealish who everyone was going wild over and had PL experience looks pretty average in Man City’s system. So it’s a bit hard to determine who will succeed and who will flop.

Liverpool in general have had a very good success rate with their signings as they sign players to fit their system unlike Man Utd.
I’m not sure it’s saltiness. The most important asset they have is Klopp, not one of their players.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m not sure it’s saltiness. The most important asset they have is Klopp, not one of their players.

Agreed but it doesn’t hurt when you have quality players like Salah, Mane, VVD and not washed up names like Ronaldo and Varane.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Agreed but it doesn’t hurt when you have quality players like Salah, Mane, VVD and not washed up names like Ronaldo and Varane.
All those teams have so much money Chelsea wasted 250m on Havertz Werner Lukaku meanwhile Liverpool only needed bit more 150m to spend on mane Salah Firmino Jota and Diaz. It's how to be smart how to use your money. Of course having elite coaches make big difference

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
haha Varane has been really good when on the pitch. I'll give you Ronaldo, though without him we'd be in the Europa League right now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

haha Varane has been really good when on the pitch. I'll give you Ronaldo, though without him we'd be in the Europa League right now.

Varane? There’s a reason why Real Madrid were happy to let him leave, he’s finished imo.

Don Florentino rarely lets top players walk out of the club.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

S**t source but

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom