• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,131
  • Views 96,300
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting that Liverpool have Jota, Salah and Mane yet they’re still strengthening their wide options but some of our fans were against signing a wide player because we have Martinelli/ESR.

Just goes to show how far behind these clubs we really are.
To be honest, I think Arteta knows that we need a squad. However, you can't build a squad without room.

GK: Ramsdale, Turner
RB: Tomi, ?????
CB: White, Saliba
CB: Gabriel, ??????
LB: Tierney, Nuno
CM: Partey, ??????
CM, ??????, Lokonga
AM: Ødegaard,????????
RW: Saka, ?????????
LW: Martinelli, ESR
CF: ???????,???????

We still have the following players on the books but want to get rid. Saliba may even be added to that but I haven't put him there.

Auba
Pepe
Cedric
Torreira
Mari
AMN
Bellerin
Leno
Xhaka
Holding

So when it comes to a squad game we have a long way to go, but if we manage to somehow get into the Champions League, we can probably short cut the rebuild quite significantly. We need to think of our home grown quota though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To be honest, I think Arteta knows that we need a squad. However, you can't build a squad without room.

CM, ??????, Lokonga

We still have the following players on the books but want to get rid. Saliba may even be added to that but I haven't put him there.

Auba
Pepe
Cedric
Torreira
Mari
AMN
Bellerin
Leno
Xhaka
Holding

So when it comes to a squad game we have a long way to go, but if we manage to somehow get into the Champions League, we can probably short cut the rebuild quite significantly. We need to think of our home grown quota though.
We still have so much to do we don't know if pepe and Xhaka will stay so they'll need replacing not to mention few players out of contact squad rebuilding is good but people will have to stay extremely patient because we not city or Chelsea or even currently Newcastle to get the squad completed quickly.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

CM, ??????, Lokonga

Auba
Pepe
Cedric
Torreira
Mari
AMN
Bellerin
Leno
Xhaka
Holding

Xhaka is firmly on the "his squad" group, imo. Got renewed, is played every game regardless of form, etc.

Think most on that list, bar Leno, Torreira and AMN will be let go by the club in deals similar to Chambers. The former two I know we're getting a fee because Viola have cash now and he's been doing well there, Leno has insterest from Newcastle (if they stay up).

AMN I reckon will be move for a cheap fee, but a fee nonetheless given he is home grown.

On the outs department, we should also add Nelson, who's been very quiet at Feynoord and will likely need to move to get his career back on track.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is firmly on the "his squad" group, imo. Got renewed, is played every game regardless of form, etc.

Think most on that list, bar Leno, Torreira and AMN will be let go by the club in deals similar to Chambers. The former two I know we're getting a fee because Viola have cash now and he's been doing well there, Leno has insterest from Newcastle (if they stay up).

AMN I reckon will be move for a cheap fee, but a fee nonetheless given he is home grown.

On the outs department, we should also add Nelson, who's been very quiet at Feynoord and will likely need to move to get his career back on track.
So far for next summer we earning near 35M€ from transfers Guendouzi Torreira and Mavropanos the others depends AMN we might get good fee if he had good loan Nelson he won't get us anything. Leno someone desperate for gk lol. Our squad in in June will be incredibly short i won't be surprised we again buy 6 players

OSBK

Established Member

CM, ??????, Lokonga

Auba
Pepe
Cedric
Torreira
Mari
AMN
Bellerin
Leno
Xhaka
Holding

Mate that list is depressing. A few years back it was just Özil wage killing us. The club has cleaned house but it seems the list is never ending of dribble we have at this club. We have 3 strikers, 1 thinks he is rashford, 1 cant run and 1 wont run.

If newcastle stay up this season they will overtake us in 1 or 2 transfer windows.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

CM, ??????, Lokonga

Auba
Pepe
Cedric
Torreira
Mari
AMN
Bellerin
Leno
Xhaka
Holding

I think we might keep Holding as backup due to the bolded. A top striker, if we can find one that is willing to join, will be very expensive. Revamping our midfield is not going to be cheap either.

If we can't get a striker now in January, I think that is no surprise. However, we really ought to bring in a central midfielder. Here there are good options.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Friends Help GIF by Zoo Berlin

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom