• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Any truth you've bid 9m Euros for Maffeo from us?

Heard about the rumour, seems to fit our DoF Reschke's profile of "young and highly talented" which he's looking for since adding needed experience to the squad - see pavard, Akolo, Donis, Ascacibar.

He's a RB and we need one, preferably a young one, as Beck, the starter, is over 30. We're reportedly on the verge of signing Borna Sosa, a young Croation LB from Zagreb for 8m, so I wouldn't rule out a Maffeo bid on the grounds of the 9m fee. On the other hand, 17m spent on two fullbacks might take away needed funds for CM and a creative attacker. Don't know how much we can actually invest - although with new sponsoring and EL qualification we might have a nice kitty after all, maybe around 30m.

So...it would make sense if Stuttgart bid for him, but I haven't heard anything more substantial than rumoured interest, apparently we're also scouting some greek RB.

Heard about the rumour, seems to fit our DoF Reschke's profile of "young and highly talented" which he's looking for since adding needed experience to the squad - see pavard, Akolo, Donis, Ascacibar.

He's a RB and we need one, preferably a young one, as Beck, the starter, is over 30. We're reportedly on the verge of signing Borna Sosa, a young Croation LB from Zagreb for 8m, so I wouldn't rule out a Maffeo bid on the grounds of the 9m fee. On the other hand, 17m spent on two fullbacks might take away needed funds for CM and a creative attacker. Don't know how much we can actually invest - although with new sponsoring and EL qualification we might have a nice kitty after all, maybe around 30m.

So...it would make sense if Stuttgart bid for him, but I haven't heard anything more substantial than rumoured interest, apparently we're also scouting some greek RB.
Maffeo is excellent, I'd like to see him stay if Danilo leaves.

If he is sold though, I'm pretty sure City would insist on a buy-back or first refusal clause, as we seem to have done with Sancho at Dortmund.

Stannis

Makes sense. Morata can't be happy, and neither can Chelsea. Depending on what's happening with Batshuayi, Chelsea might look for a striker.

not much in the market, Icardi is probably the best

I can see them going for Cavani or Mertens, despite their ages. A short term solution while Abraham develops

though there are some rumours that Juve are willing to sell Higuian

I can see them going for Cavani or Mertens, despite their ages. A short term solution while Abraham develops

Dybala wants out from Juve, doesn't he? Heard that a couple of times.

Toby

Dybala wants out from Juve, doesn't he? Heard that a couple of times.

On the german transfermarkt forum, Bayern fans are absolutely sure they will get him. Haven't read enought to know if there are proper links, but generally on that website the Bayern fans are a bunch of entitled ****s believing they can sign anyone. He's surely on the radar of Barca, Real and psg.

Higuain or Cavani might be good fits at Chelsea. Both might move if their clubs bring in new players, especially Cavani.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Icardi. If Higuain leaves, he might be an option at Juve, also may be an option for Chelsea. Real were linked strongly with him last summer as Benzema replacement. Quite fittingly, the latest rumours about Lewandowski here in Germany said the move to Real he's been pushing for fell through on Real's part. Then again, Madrid has been linked with a move for Harry Kane.

Toby

Maffeo is excellent, I'd like to see him stay if Danilo leaves.

If he is sold though, I'm pretty sure City would insist on a buy-back or first refusal clause, as we seem to have done with Sancho at Dortmund.

I did a little digging and found some interesting things:

Besides Stuttgart, Valencia has been linked to Maffeo. The Stuttgart rumour comes from Eurosport, who are generally rather reliable, as well as the VfB-related "Cannstatter Blog" who are also a reliable source concerning the club. Furthermore, DoF Michael Reschke, who used to work at Bayern, has a good relationship with both Guardiolas, Pep and his brother Pere, who just so happens to be Maffeo's agent. On top of that Reschke visited Guardiola and City just last December. Another factor is supposedly Maffeo's short contract until 2019 as well as the competition at City in Walker and Danilo, who have both just joined you last summer. Add to that a very good financial year for Stuttgart through above club average merchandise and sponsoring, and the EL qualification spot to generate a transfer budget between 30 and 40m. I'd say the link/bid is genuine.

I did a little digging and found some interesting things:

Besides Stuttgart, Valencia has been linked to Maffeo. The Stuttgart rumour comes from Eurosport, who are generally rather reliable, as well as the VfB-related "Cannstatter Blog" who are also a reliable source concerning the club. Furthermore, DoF Michael Reschke, who used to work at Bayern, has a good relationship with both Guardiolas, Pep and his brother Pere, who just so happens to be Maffeo's agent. On top of that Reschke visited Guardiola and City just last December. Another factor is supposedly Maffeo's short contract until 2019 as well as the competition at City in Walker and Danilo, who have both just joined you last summer. Add to that a very good financial year for Stuttgart through above club average merchandise and sponsoring, and the EL qualification spot to generate a transfer budget between 30 and 40m. I'd say the link/bid is genuine.
Confirmed. Very decent signing for you, hope he does well.

I'm really disappointed he is leaving on a permanent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom