• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

@Trilly Do we dare to dream?

giphy.gif
****, not looking forward to seeing him at Liverpool.

But Kane somehow just smells of City to me. There's talk and talk about Real, but in the end the english boy will stay on the island, I believe. Further, Aguero is linked with Atletico to replace Griezmann, and Icardi was heavily linked to Real just last summer.

Less than zero chance of that happening, Toby. If Kane leaves, it will be abroad in my opinion, unless united make a massive offer for him.

I really do hate agents, they should be banished from football. Look at that quote, they act as if they are so important to a deal, unfortunate truth is they are but how they got this power is unbelievable.

If I was a footballer I would hire a lawyer for transfers or go Samuel Eto'o style and just negotiate yourself.
I do think they should be restricted to how many people they represent.

Leeches like Mendes are a stain on the game.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Less than zero chance of that happening, Toby. If Kane leaves, it will be abroad in my opinion, unless united make a massive offer for him.

I tend to think so as well, but I just don't know. United will be after wingers and defenders, I suppose. Real will go on a spending spree, and De Gea a forward and a winger can be done without spending 175 for Kane. Maybe all will be the same next season, Kane at Sp**s and Aguero at City, after all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Replacing Yaya Toure with Jorginho. City's squad is unreal.

They'll win the CL in the next few years, I'm certain.

Replacing Yaya Toure with Jorginho. City's squad is unreal.

They'll win the CL in the next few years, I'm certain.
It would definitely be a good signing, if he is as good as people say.

However, I still don't think we'll ever win the Champions League, and to be honest, I'm not bothered by that, the odd semi-final is enough for me, I'm really not bothered by that competition. It always seems corrupt to me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It would definitely be a good signing, if he is as good as people say.

However, I still don't think we'll ever win the Champions League, and to be honest, I'm not bothered by that, the odd semi-final is enough for me, I'm really not bothered by that competition. It always seems corrupt to me.

Wow you're really underrating your team.

Your club is spending a **** load on players every summer and have one of (if not) the best manager(s) in world football (unlike PSG).

It's inevitable that you'll reach a CL final or even win it in the next 5 years. Had Man City beat Liverpool this season (which they should have had it not been for a few dodgy decisions) they would have been favourites to even beat Real Madrid IMO.

Jorginho, Mahrez & De Ligt on top of your current squad would make you favourites as you're well stocked in pretty much every position.

Wow you're really underrating your team.

Your club is spending a **** load on players every summer and have one of (if not) the best manager(s) in world football (unlike PSG).

It's inevitable that you'll reach a CL final or even win it in the next 5 years. Had Man City beat Liverpool this season (which they should have had it not been for a few dodgy decisions) they would have been favourites to even beat Real Madrid IMO.

Jorginho, Mahrez & De Ligt on top of your current squad would make you favourites as you're well stocked in pretty much every position.
I like this post, and maybe you are right.

It's the decades of under-achievement that has made me this way, it's probably some sort of self-defence mechanism, to stop me becoming disappointed when we actually get beat in the competition haha!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Forgot to add, apparently Hazard's agent has made contact with City.

If Chelsea allow Hazard to go to Man City then it would be quite embarrassing for them and says a lot; going from being the first team to somewhat dwarf every club financially, stock a load of talent and buying success to then have what they done to the league done to them, makes Roman's financial input pretty wasteful now :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Good move, Simpson is crap.

Read elsewhere that the fee is 25M euros, tho.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No idea why he'd go there, he could for sure play for a Europa League or Champions League club. I think Leicester's title win has totally messed them up, they don't know what their expectations are. It's simply not a club that can bridge the gap to the big clubs or even Everton. Eventually it'll go wrong for them and they'll return to the mean.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Damn Liverpool seriously strengthening going into next season. Must be nice to have a good manager with semi-ambitious owner. What's weird is their fans still aren't that happy with FSG. Meanwhile our WOBs would suck off Gazidis if they got the chance.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Damn Liverpool seriously strengthening going into next season. Must be nice to have a good manager with semi-ambitious owner. What's weird is their fans still aren't that happy with FSG. Meanwhile our WOBs would suck off Gazidis if they got the chance.

Liverpool’s net spend has been low for years now. They seem to spend a bit but sales of Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Torres both balances the books and like us in the poverty years is frustrating as they repeatedly lose their best players.

BobP

Memri Fan

Not sure how they'd fit him in though.

He's best as a CAM. Can't really play on the wing or as a CM.

Does that mean Klopp will switch to a 4231? If he does I sense Liverpool might actually play in a quasi-4222, as Fekir is your quintessential CAM, not a CM playing as a CAM. That might cause problems in terms of numerical superiority in the midfield, is the running power of a Keita enough to compensate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom