• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not sure how they'd fit him in though.

He's best as a CAM. Can't really play on the wing or as a CM.

Does that mean Klopp will switch to a 4231? If he does I sense Liverpool might actually play in a quasi-4222, as Fekir is your quintessential CAM, not a CM playing as a CAM. That might cause problems in terms of numerical superiority in the midfield, is the running power of a Keita enough to compensate?

You make a good point. They seem to have found a really good balance in that team recently. The difficulty for them will be to improve the quality without upsetting the balance. For instance Coutinho was certainly a better quality player but their balance actually improved without him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Naby Keita will be fantastic for them for sure, he'll suit Klopp's style to a tee. Can you actually believe in the space of three transfer windows they'll have brought in Salah, Van Dijk & Keita? They must've made a deal with the devil cos that is incredible recruitment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Utd apparently close on Anderson Talisca, and are looking at Rose and Alex Sandro. Thought RB is a bigger issue for them, Valencia is shocking while Young is alright.

Chelsea have apparently made an offer for Lewandowski according to Polish media, but PSG and City are interested as well.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho struggles to get it clicking but United are balling transfer wise these days.

Talisca & Pogba! :drool:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
City is already on another level, but I think even Liverpool soon are going to be too far ahead as well. Since Klopp's takeover every year they seem to be getting stronger. Even though point wise they actually did worse than last year in the league, Liverpool seem to have already won the transfer window before it has barely even started with Keita and seemingly Fekir.

Man U is weird, they buy all these good players but they don't seem to get that much better performance wise. I reckon if Arteta turns out good we could go head to head with them in the league next year.

Anyway our competition for next year is Chelsea and Tottenham and I reckon we could out do them. These days Chelsea's board seems to be even worse than ours when it comes to transfers. Tottenham are in the same situation as us, hunting for potentials. Their ace until now was Kane and their superior manager. With PEA in our team now, we just need to sort out the defense a bit and we should be able to challenge them.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Chelsea have apparently made an offer for Lewandowski according to Polish media, but PSG and City are interested as well.

Don't know where he'll end up, but he's certainly off this summer. Has been sulking and playing unfocused for a while now. He doesn't want to be at Bayern anymore, he knows that because of his age the timeframe for a move to another top club is slowly shrinking. That's why he's changed his agent.

GoonerBoy19

City is already on another level, but I think even Liverpool soon are going to be too far ahead as well. Since Klopp's takeover every year they seem to be getting stronger. Even though point wise they actually did worse than last year in the league, Liverpool seem to have already won the transfer window before it has barely even started with Keita and seemingly Fekir.

Man U is weird, they buy all these good players but they don't seem to get that much better performance wise. I reckon if Arteta turns out good we could go head to head with them in the league next year.

Anyway our competition for next year is Chelsea and Tottenham and I reckon we could out do them. These days Chelsea's board seems to be even worse than ours when it comes to transfers. Tottenham are in the same situation as us, hunting for potentials. Their ace until now was Kane and their superior manager. With PEA in our team now, we just need to sort out the defense a bit and we should be able to challenge them.

Sp**s are looking to get back Bale and sign de ligt from ajax to replace alderweild. So far we look competing Everton and Leicester unless Sven pulls out a rabbit out of his hat.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't know where he'll end up, but he's certainly off this summer. Has been sulking and playing unfocused for a while now. He doesn't want to be at Bayern anymore, he knows that because of his age the timeframe for a move to another top club is slowly shrinking. That's why he's changed his agent.

Hard to imagine Lewandowski moving to a club without Champions League at this point in his career, so Chelsea would seem an odd choice. What has happened to the rumors of him going to Real Madrid? Even a club such as Juventus would be a better fit for his short-term ambitions.

lucky7

Liverpool, United and City are leaving us behind with all these transfers!!
Think we’re going the moneyball route
Considering the Liverpool owners are one of the original success stories of Moneyball (Boston Red Sox) it seems that it can be done. Over 7 seasons they are averaging a net spend of 23m per year.

When they took over the team had just finished 7th. If you can't match the resources of your opponents then you need to have a better recruitment system.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hard to imagine Lewandowski moving to a club without Champions League at this point in his career, so Chelsea would seem an odd choice. What has happened to the rumors of him going to Real Madrid? Even a club such as Juventus would be a better fit for his short-term ambitions.

All german media reported the Real Madrid move fell through 'cause the Spaniards backed out. He will turn 30 in August, so there's maybe 2 or 3 years left in him. Can't see him being as durable as Zlatan. I suspect Madrid aren't willing to splash 100 to 150m € on a striker this summer, then go out and do the same again in two or three years. They'll be looking at Kane and Icardi.

Lewandowski will though be on the list of Utd, City, Chelsea, PSG and Juventus. With the latter two clubs it surely depends on if they can arrange deals for Cavani respectively Higuain. Both are surely candidates for the Griezmann succession, and I could see other Italian clubs looking at them.

At City I think it'll depend on what happens with Aguero - if he leaves they'll go big - Lewandowski or Kane, to whom they've been linked recently. And contrary to many, with City's money, Pep's ambition to amass as many top players as he can, and Kane's known tight family relations and his, hm, rather small mind, I could just see this happening when everyone is sure he's off to Madrid. Factor in Madrid want a new goalie and need a new winger along a striker - althouh I've heard the stance that Benzema is untouchable as long as Perez and Zidane are in charge - and I could see Madrid rather going for the "cheaper" Icardi, to whom they were strongly linked last summer, than splashing 175m on Kane alone.

For the other english clubs: Chelsea need a new striker. Morata might go back to Juve, they've never been fond of Batshuayi and Giroud is not enough, as we all know too well. Problem is no CL. Still, surely the obvious candidates like Higuain, Cavani, Icardi are on their list. If Mourinho can get his hands on someone like Lewandowski he won't say no.

If the right move happens, we could see a very interesting striker rotation across Europe. I think much depends on who signs Lewandowski, as it'll either open up or close down options for other clubs and strikers, and it'll hinge on who makes the first move.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sign of a mega club isn't how much they can spend but how much they can afford to waste. Utd's wastage is absurd. Eventually they'll get better but I really don't see the value in anything they've been doing these last 5 years. It's just money and nothing else. At least City bring some value to their absurd wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom