• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Good source - damn, feels like Juve's going to do some clever business again.

The trouble with moving for Golovin right now is that his price is going up because of his performance in the World Cup opener. Remember what happened after Arshavin's 2008 Euro breakout. Arsenal basically paid double for him and made him the club's record signing at the time. Good player, Golovin. The best for Russia right now. But somebody may end up overpaying for him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Fred - 52mil from Shaktar, is he any good?

52mil for a player in the Ukranian league, whats his level?

Seems like a lot to pay for a player from the Ukrainian league, but he has worked his way back into the Brazilian NT and the World Cup squad after coming back from his doping ban. So I guess he couldn't be too bad, even if the Ukrainian League's quality has dropped significantly in recent years.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, it's a lot. I don't know much about him at all but what I was impressed by was some dribbling stats, the most successful dribbler in Europe apparently. Seems like a very dynamic box-to-box player but yet to see him in action.

Honestly dont know much about him either but a Brazilian with exceptional dribbling playing in the Ukranian league doesnt say much to me :lol:

Shakhtar however have passed on some good Brazilians so I will hold judgement til I see him in action.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The trouble with moving for Golovin right now is that his price is going up because of his performance in the World Cup opener. Remember what happened after Arshavin's 2008 Euro breakout. Arsenal basically paid double for him and made him the club's record signing at the time. Good player, Golovin. The best for Russia right now. But somebody may end up overpaying for him.
His price has probably gone up a little, after playing well against the worst team in the WC. Bit strange, but that's how it goes.

LeafsBro

Solid enough goalkeeper, can be error prone but has been known to steal a few games for both club and country, been Portugal’s number 1 for years now. Im surprised he’s never left Sporting after some very mediocre seasons by their standards. Definitely good enough to start for a premier league club.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Guess Wolves had the direct link but thats a 20m saving missed for us.

Though we would be all over it with a tight budget.

LeafsBro

Ruben Neves is the Wolves player I’m most excited to watch this season. I’ve followed him for a long time and I doubt he stays there too long.

FEH

Honestly dont know much about him either but a Brazilian with exceptional dribbling playing in the Ukranian league doesnt say much to me :lol:

Shakhtar however have passed on some good Brazilians so I will hold judgement til I see him in action.

Willian came from Shakhtar. They normally do well with their Brazilian recruitment.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Willian came from Shakhtar. They normally do well with their Brazilian recruitment.

The league was much stronger when William came, though. With all the chaos in The Ukraine in recent years it's been harder to recruit good quality players. So Fred hasn't been playing against quality competition.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The league was much stronger when William came, though. With all the chaos in The Ukraine in recent years it's been harder to recruit good quality players. So Fred hasn't been playing against quality competition.

Was browsing the Utd subreddit a while back and a couple of Ukrainian fans were on there sticking the boot into him :lol:

Apparently he’s strong and good at simple passes but not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom