• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,219
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harz

Dybala will be an interesting one this summer. He's kind of similar to Griezmann (and e.g. Muller) in that he's kind of limited in his effectiveness to one position, which is as a second striker, while at the same time he uses a lot of space by moving around. Not many teams are currently using this position in such a role in a rather clearcut two man forward line. His output and performances this season have clearly suffered due to Ronaldo's arrival and Allegri's shift to a default 433, with Dybala moved to the right wing where he's a lot less effective and comfortable than in the centre.

Juve could probably take a step up by selling Dybala for huge money and bringing in a CF and proper right winger. I don't think it's random they've been linked to Icardi and Salah.

Real could've been an option with Zidane's 433/442-diamond hybrid for the Isco winger/10 hybrid position, but Zidane likes Isco and will probably keep him. Barca have Messi. I'm not too sure about Bayern, who have been heavily linked to Dybala last summer, but even if Kovac was to reproduce his Frankfurt 3412/352, as of now they still got James and Muller as half forwards - and they've lately mostly been linked to more clearcut wingers which points to them staying put with their default 4231/433 and a back three only as flexibility option.

Heard rumours about an Icardi -> Dybala swap, which is something that could make sense for both parties. Afaik, Inter most often use a 10/SS - they were apparently also interested in Özil during the winter window - and they want to get rid of Icardi. Before signing Ronaldo, according to their DoF, Juve thought about going for Icardi instead. It's a deal that could make sense for every party. Then again, Icardi has a difficult character/agent which culd put off interested clubs, and he's also been linked to Real, who will surely look for a proper CF now that it's become clear their goal output post Ronaldo has dropped even more than expected.

So Dybala is going to be an interesting one. Limited in his position, expensive, average season but great potential and good age. Maybe Atletico will have a look at him if indeed Griezmann pushes for a move.

I agree with you on almost everything, except I think in the hands of the right coach Dybala can play as the lone striker.

The only current top-club strikers that I think he can replace are Aguero and Suarez, though I'm not sure if he can learn to play the false nine role efficiently (and Suarez is not really a false nine).

I wish we went for him as he's quite a special talent but I can't see how he'd fit in. I hope he doesn't end up at United as he can be very scary with Lukaku up top.

Harz

Is Inter a bit of a step down for Dybala, used to watch Juve quite a bit but have only been watching their CL this year, has he dropped off that much?

Inter had FFP troubles for a while now but the new Chinese owners are finally able to spend freely this summer. I expect them to bring Mourinho in and try to challenge for the title.

Italian clubs do a lot of swap deals so it can happen. Mourinho has used second striker type of players before.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
70 million in installments - we can afford that. Am not sure that Pepe is what we need though. Good player? I assume so as I've never watched ninety minutes of him. Does he push us towards the title? Not convinced.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
70M from club in Italy seem bulls**t nobody can make that kind of bid unless its juve

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ridicilous compilations of this guy. Sign him up. Rather pay 40m than 70 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom