Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

It's also very much about the cash. This reminds me of the Bayern dominance of the 2000s pre Dortmund resurgence where some of their transfers didn't even make sense, they seemingly just did it because they had the money and didn't want anyone else to sign certain players.

Now in the case of Odoi, maybe Bayern really want him as they need wingers, but then Chelsea come up with this delusional bid of 100k, then all those money clubs come in like "well, we don't even need a winger, but he's a hot prospect right now and we got the cash. Offer him 120k." It's ridiculous.

2. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

He isn't very fast for a winger. But as far as I know he's done well out there. I don't think Bayern are interested in him as a wide player though. More because he can play behind the striker or in a three man midfield as a James replacement. I think they may pull the plug on the James deal.

3. Toby Andrl

Agree re James. Always had a feeling Bayern wouldn't sign him permanently.

4. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Wasn't relating the two topics; money and minutes, I only really quoted you as you were discussing CHO so apologies for any confusion, I was just giving my opinion on how I keep seeing media stating he is not getting game time at Chelsea which I think is pretty unfair on the club as its not as simple as some of the pundits are making out.

100k for him is ridiculous but I'm not surprised, they have also been backed into a bit of a sh*t place, play him over better player, pay him 100k which is ridiculous, sell him or let him leave on a free.

They will be criticised for every option, if they sell him and he comes good they hear how they lack ambition/development and sold him cheap, if they give him the wages he wants they get criticised for paying it plus 100k on a 5yr deal and he may turn out crap, risk the contract for next year and if he leaves on a free and they get ridiculed for it if he comes good.

5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

€85m for Eriksen, wow

6. Toby Andrl

85m for Eriksen when you've still got Isco? Or is Eriksen planned as Modric's successor? What about Asensio? Is he by now more of a winger or an attacking mid or even a striker? Then they're very likely to add Hazard on the wings, probably get rid of Bale. Very crammed attacking options. Then they also need to replace Kroos.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

That's great news for levy Eriksen good player but for 85M you'll have to sell

8. American_Gooner

Yep, seen lots of talk about Modric leaving this summer.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  9. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Eriksen as Modric replacement is odd. They're nothing alike.

Wonder where Kroos might end up. PSG maybe? Or to Utd if RM get Pogba.

10. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

Seems to be papertalk, cannot see Madrid bidding 85M for a player with a year left on his contract. I believe they might go for Milinkovic-Savic.

11. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

12. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Its done. They confirmed

13. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Hudson Odoi looks special in fairness. Should a teenager be earning 100k a week? Probably not, but in terms of protecting an investment - he's worth it. Him and Pulisic can in part cover the loss of Hazard.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  14. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Pulisic is going to flop, especially if they expect him to replace Hazard.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  15. Toby Andrl

:lol:

Chelsea got bent over with that one. Pulisic surely isn't a 65m player.

16. American_Gooner

17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Attention Seeker

30m for the quality, 35m for the marketing potential in the USA

African Flair and Toby Andrl like this.
  18. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He isn't worth the money but ven with that being true, Willian, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic is a great mix of youth and experience.

19. Toby Andrl

Think it is bang average if Odoi doesnt instantly show Sancho form.

Flying Okapis and drippin like this.
  20. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

Never liked this guy, bang average not PL quality.