Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I don't think people have forgotten but he is just such a piece of SH!T that most won't admit his talent unless he plays for their team. He does himself no favours on or off the pitch. Everything that is wrong with modern day footballers in one piss poor excuse for a human being.

But you're right. He's an amazing player.

Toby Andrl and krengon like this.
  2. Lakersgooner24

Lakersgooner24 Well-Known Member

If he stays injury free and gets back to 100% with little to no lingering issues, definitely, he was consensus third best player in the world at one point, but that’s an uncertainty atm. We also know about the history of star Brazilian forwards who peak early but decline just as quick, and Neymar is the current poster boy of the partying, celebrity before athlete persona, not exactly the model professional.

Having said that, I do think if there is anywhere where he can get back to prominence, health permitting, it’ll be at Barca. I think he came to realize how good he had it there, especially the MSN synergy (although Suarez has declined quite a bit, even though he has his moments), and regretted his decision to leave Barca early on during his tenure at PSG.

With Messi, Suarez, and co., he won’t act out like he is doing in Paris, and will be kept in check as he'll be playing with those he seemingly respects. Still think this would be a huge and unnecessary risk to take on at this time all things considered.

krengon likes this.
  3. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Glad we dodged that one.

4. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

PSG, then onto Juve, he might as well just continue from there through Europe; Celtic, Ajax, BATE Borisov, Qarabag etc..

James Bond and Ricardinho like this.
  5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

I guess too much focus on big moves, big money and a hum drum about already being worldclass by him and his father - and then he fell into a form abyss. Completely invisible this last season.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  7. Flying Okapis

Crazy, if I remember correctly there was rumours of 80+mil being touted about as the asking price, its pure madness how a breakout season can be followed by a complete disaster season.

It shows the obvious difference between club scouting and who fans want; Bailey, Pepe, Fekir (to some extent), Malcolm, players who fans want and fuss about after a big season only to drop in form the next.

I either read or heard (can't remember) from a professional during an interview who said a lot of the final decision is based on a players personality/mentality, it is something like 70% of the decision to sign a player, unless their 'Messi' talent etc.

8. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

Bailey will be fine. To say he was dreadful all season simply isn't true so I don't really get why that is being trotted out as gospel. He played very well later in the season before injury struck. He looked far more like the Bailey of the year before. He and most of the team struggled under Herrlich in the first half of the season, so it wasn't like it was just him Brandt too struggled for instance. Haverzt was the only one who was able to continue on the same high level. Then things changed for the better for him and others when Bosz took over.

He's 21, he's got every chance of pushing on now, he has the talent, and now with a bit of added maturity and perspective, hopefully he'll show that he's back.

9. Flying Okapis

I'm talking in terms of hype/value, I have no idea how he did last year all I know is he was being spoke of as one of the top young talents last summer and now its all silent on the hype like he don't even exist.

10. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Tbf he was seriously abysmal for the first half of the season. He did get into average/useful form later on, but nothing close to his first season. Stuff like flirting with a host of a hundred nations but then still ending up playing for Jamaica is just such an example of what's been wrong with him.

You are right though, he's only 21 and he's got the talent, but I feel with him it's all in the mind and having that in the right place.

11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

12. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

If Bayern get Sane I fully expect Everton to be gone for by City.

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Bayern really have the money i don't see why they are not spending 70M on Sane he really worth it.

Camron and krackpot like this.
  14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

This is my favorite thread now! Here is actually were the stuff is happening!

I wonder what team I will support next season! Real Madrid or Saint-Étienne!?

15. yousif_arsenal

Nothing happening for other teams as well apart from Real Madrid.

hydrofluoric acid and BenTal like this.
  16. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

[​IMG]
    FC La Masia

Ricardinho and krackpot like this.
  17. BenTal

BenTal Active Member

It is a very strange year! It's so boring ...

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  18. yousif_arsenal

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Can't support team with Messi in it. But maybe if he gets injured I will cheer on Barcelona!

20. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

What if we buy Messi?