• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,190
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Neymar is an elite player, easily top 5 in the world.. Seems like people have forgot just how good he is because of injuries and playing in the french league
I don't think people have forgotten but he is just such a piece of SH!T that most won't admit his talent unless he plays for their team. He does himself no favours on or off the pitch. Everything that is wrong with modern day footballers in one piss poor excuse for a human being.

But you're right. He's an amazing player.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Neymar is an elite player, easily top 5 in the world.. Seems like people have forgot just how good he is because of injuries and playing in the french league
If he stays injury free and gets back to 100% with little to no lingering issues, definitely, he was consensus third best player in the world at one point, but that’s an uncertainty atm. We also know about the history of star Brazilian forwards who peak early but decline just as quick, and Neymar is the current poster boy of the partying, celebrity before athlete persona, not exactly the model professional.

Having said that, I do think if there is anywhere where he can get back to prominence, health permitting, it’ll be at Barca. I think he came to realize how good he had it there, especially the MSN synergy (although Suarez has declined quite a bit, even though he has his moments), and regretted his decision to leave Barca early on during his tenure at PSG.

With Messi, Suarez, and co., he won’t act out like he is doing in Paris, and will be kept in check as he'll be playing with those he seemingly respects. Still think this would be a huge and unnecessary risk to take on at this time all things considered.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
No idea where to put this and not a link at all, but whatever happened to Leon Bailey?

Went from being the next big thing with rumours of high transfer fee to not a word.

@Toby Andrl @Borussin how was he last season?

I guess too much focus on big moves, big money and a hum drum about already being worldclass by him and his father - and then he fell into a form abyss. Completely invisible this last season.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I guess too much focus on big moves, big money and a hum drum about already being worldclass by him and his father - and then he fell into a form abyss. Completely invisible this last season.

Crazy, if I remember correctly there was rumours of 80+mil being touted about as the asking price, its pure madness how a breakout season can be followed by a complete disaster season.

It shows the obvious difference between club scouting and who fans want; Bailey, Pepe, Fekir (to some extent), Malcolm, players who fans want and fuss about after a big season only to drop in form the next.

I either read or heard (can't remember) from a professional during an interview who said a lot of the final decision is based on a players personality/mentality, it is something like 70% of the decision to sign a player, unless their 'Messi' talent etc.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Crazy, if I remember correctly there was rumours of 80+mil being touted about as the asking price, its pure madness how a breakout season can be followed by a complete disaster season.

It shows the obvious difference between club scouting and who fans want; Bailey, Pepe, Fekir (to some extent), Malcolm, players who fans want and fuss about after a big season only to drop in form the next.

I either read or heard (can't remember) from a professional during an interview who said a lot of the final decision is based on a players personality/mentality, it is something like 70% of the decision to sign a player, unless their 'Messi' talent etc.

Bailey will be fine. To say he was dreadful all season simply isn't true so I don't really get why that is being trotted out as gospel. He played very well later in the season before injury struck. He looked far more like the Bailey of the year before. He and most of the team struggled under Herrlich in the first half of the season, so it wasn't like it was just him Brandt too struggled for instance. Haverzt was the only one who was able to continue on the same high level. Then things changed for the better for him and others when Bosz took over.

He's 21, he's got every chance of pushing on now, he has the talent, and now with a bit of added maturity and perspective, hopefully he'll show that he's back.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Bailey will be fine. To say he was dreadful all season simply isn't true so I don't really get why that is being trotted out as gospel. He played very well later in the season before injury struck. He looked far more like the Bailey of the year before. He and most of the team struggled under Herrlich in the first half of the season, so it wasn't like it was just him Brandt too struggled for instance. Haverzt was the only one who was able to continue on the same high level. Then things changed for the better for him and others when Bosz took over.

He's 21, he's got every chance of pushing on now, he has the talent, and now with a bit of added maturity and perspective, hopefully he'll show that he's back.

I'm talking in terms of hype/value, I have no idea how he did last year all I know is he was being spoke of as one of the top young talents last summer and now its all silent on the hype like he don't even exist.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Tbf he was seriously abysmal for the first half of the season. He did get into average/useful form later on, but nothing close to his first season. Stuff like flirting with a host of a hundred nations but then still ending up playing for Jamaica is just such an example of what's been wrong with him.

You are right though, he's only 21 and he's got the talent, but I feel with him it's all in the mind and having that in the right place.

This is my favorite thread now! Here is actually were the stuff is happening!

I wonder what team I will support next season! Real Madrid or Saint-Étienne!?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
This is my favorite thread now! Here is actually were the stuff is happening!

I wonder what team I will support next season! Real Madrid or Saint-Étienne!?
D_gaOiRXoAEvNzz

FC La Masia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom