• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,258
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Manchester United addressing their defense issues. Mean while we are pinning our hopes on past it 33 year old CB that is coming back from disgusting injury and doesn't want to be here. And of course Emery wanting to fix Mustafi.
Hes going and a new cb coming in.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You would take a guy that has hardly played premier league games over any of their defenders?! Each to their own but thats bonkers.

Shaw's better than any of our current LB's, AWB is vastly better than Bellerin defensively, going forward not so much. Lindelof and Maguire are better than our CB pairing.
I have seen enough of Holding to say that yes. Our form dropped big time when he got injured. They may well have a better CB pairing than us this season but it looks as if we will (hopefully) have the better CB pairing for the next 10 years from next season.

As you said, each to their own but for me 1 decent season does not make you a better fullback than HB. Become rather underrated our ‘Ector has.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Not sure Maguire improves United's defence that much.

I'd say he's better than Smalling and Jones, probably going to play much more than Bailly but is he much better than Lindelof? Maguire does excel in the air though but he's not exactly lightning and his awareness of whats going on around him is suspect at times.

Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw looks better than what they had but 80 million even in this market you'd expect a big upgrade.

Agree completely.

TornadoTed

Established Member
AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw is a decent back 4 but for nearly £200m it doesn't look like great value.

Bellerin Saliba Holding Tierney has the potential to be just as good for just over £50m

I guess money is of little concern to United though.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Yeah just finished weight lifting. Gonna take a jog up to Hallgrímskirkja. It is fine 30 minute jog with about 90 m elevation if we sum it up!

Really beautiful architecture. Sounds like a fantastic journey to make.

Is it better to go during the day or night when the lights are there?

hallgrimskirkja-iceland-ic0217.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I have seen enough of Holding to say that yes. Our form dropped big time when he got injured. They may well have a better CB pairing than us this season but it looks as if we will (hopefully) have the better CB pairing for the next 10 years from next season.

As you said, each to their own but for me 1 decent season does not make you a better fullback than HB. Become rather underrated our ‘Ector has.

You're contradicting your last point suggesting Holding, who hasn't even had a full good season with us, is better than Lindelof/Maguire.

Our form dropped big time when Holding got injured... I wouldn't say big time, he's obviously better than Mustafi but its difficult to assess as we still conceded so many goals with him in the side. Specifically away from home.

10 league games where Holding was involved before injury -

a17acf3818e3398e5aa8a07300d8bee9.png

After his injury results were pretty similar. Got a 2-0 clean sheet over Chelsea (When Hector got injured) only significant difference was the 5-1 drubbing away to Liverpool.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Maguire is probably the best we can do right now, we can’t afford to wait or gamble on a prospect besides we already have one in Tuanzebe. He isn’t perfect but apart from Koulibaly it’s slim pickings.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

After his injury results were pretty similar. Got a 2-0 clean sheet over Chelsea (When Hector got injured) only significant difference was the 5-1 drubbing away to Liverpool.

I'm not the best guy to be arguing this but to me this shows, even when Holding was playing you were conceding quite a lot despite having some good results.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You're contradicting your last point suggesting Holding, who hasn't even had a full good season with us, is better than Lindelof/Maguire.

Our form dropped big time when Holding got injured... I wouldn't say big time, he's obviously better than Mustafi but its difficult to assess as we still conceded so many goals with him in the side. Specifically away from home.

I guess I am, the difference for me though is that I base my opinions on what I see and Holding is the real deal.

Our style of football is attacking, we will always concede goals based on that, sure we can improve and that looks to be something the club is trying to address. Finally, the team chemistry is just better when Holding plays, wasn’t necessarily referring to goals conceded when I said our form dropped when he got injured.
P.S we didnt lose a game in those 10 matches we played prior to his injury and there were some tough fixtures in there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom