• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,373
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Well they had some big names like LvG, Mourinho and Moyes, so how come these top managers couldn't do better than Ole?
I think that the average football fan overrates the influence of managers and underrates the job that is being done behind the scenes.
I think it's more worth it to have guys like Sven and Watzke than Guardiola or Mourinho, and that's the reason I wouldn't put any blame on Ole. Their team doesn't have any structure, players were coming in randomly without any plan and now people want to put everything on him.

I totally agree, they are barking up the wrong tree entirely. I don't think it matters who they hire until they sort out the structure of the club and have a clear plan of where they want to go they are freewheeling out of control. I just meant that giving Ole the job permanently was a stupid move. He could have seen out the season, they could have scoured the globe for the right DoF and then let him choose who the next permanent manager was going to be.

Their recruitment of players has been very poor for a long time now. I actually think LvG was the one they should have stuck with, he was bringing through youth and encouraging good football, it wasn't quite clicking and the results weren't there but at least he was a good fit with the Man Utd tradition. Mourinho and Moyes were both very much anti United tradition in pretty much every way.

Mind you I write all that and wonder if there even is a Man Utd tradition any more to be resurrected or if that is just a pipe dream with the club they have become.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Man Utd's decline won't ever be as bad as say Liverpool post glory years or even ours due to the fact that they have the ability to keep throwing money at it.

Sooner or later it will stick, they have been reckless so far with spending, there doesn't seem to be much thought behind what they are doing but the moment they get there structure in place their rebuild will come pretty quick I would think with the ability to still buy what's required.

I think there will be a few big changes they make this summer, I think a lot of weeding will be done, Pogba and the bad apples will be shipped out happily and they will replace them with safe hard working options instead of something shiny and then build from there.

Hopefully they miss CL again to slow the process.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
our bad period would need another 2 decades at least to match what Utd have done since red nosed drunk left them.
absolute disaster they have been doing for all this time. when you think it cant be any dumber, they come out and do excatly that

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Anyone heard of an apparent feud between Salah & Klopp, Salah demanding a transfer away from the club? That wouldn't be good for Liverpool at all if this is right!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's been more or less trying to force his way out since the day he signed for Utd. He's been awful for them - I hope he stays.
I dont understand Pogba, he comes out and talks to the media like hes a leader and wants the best for the club but it all seems quite forced and I dont buy into what he says and the way he says it.

This guy was the spearhead of the movement to get Mourinho sacked. After Mourinho left he suddenly started playing world class and even though his performances were great, it made me question his professionalism as he managed to go from playing like a Championship level player (watch his performance vs Southampton), to the player he should be in the space of a couple weeks.

I guess United fans could have said maybe it was a special case and they wont see a drop like that from him again so all is well, but he instantly started flirting with Real Madrid and then his form dropped again. Its disgraceful I hate players like that, United deserve better and if I was a fan I'd 100% want him sold.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Been performing similar to Özil i would say
This is why I'm not a fan of Özil at all. I can just tell he isnt giving 100%. People always assume I mean his tracking back and all that crap but its not.. its about his intensity and involvement in the game. There's no other reason for him to be such a frustrating player but for his attitude. One period he's unplayable the next he goes missing for large parts of the game. Sometimes he will come in with a good through ball or two but is that what you're expecting from your main man, on 350k a week?

And if that is his 'style' to hardly even make himself available for a pass and occasionally show magic then he's not the right player for us. We aren't good enough to have a player in our midfield who doesn't even attempt to try to control the game or buzz around passing and carrying the ball. I'd say only striker is it acceptable to not be involved in the game for large periods of play and we already have one in the team anyway in Aubameyang. There isn't space here for two passive players.

Oh how Id kill for prime Santi back :/

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
how can you root for Pool?
Pool and Utd are our rivals, who gives a **** about plastic clubs.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I dont understand Pogba, he comes out and talks to the media like hes a leader and wants the best for the club but it all seems quite forced and I dont buy into what he says and the way he says it.

This guy was the spearhead of the movement to get Mourinho sacked. After, Mourinho left he suddenly started playing world class and even though his performances were great, it made me question his professionalism as he managed to go from playing like a Championship level player (watch his performance vs Southampton), to the player he should be in the space of a couple weeks.

I guess United fans could have said maybe it was a special case and they wont see a drop like that from him again so all is well, but he instantly started flirting with Real Madrid and then his form dropped again. Its disgraceful I hate players like that, United deserve better and if I was a fan I'd 100% want him sold.

I wonder if Pogba is taking the easy route if he moves to Madrid, weaker league and better players to carry him, wouldn't surprise me if he is hounded out of Madrid in a year or two.

Honestly cannot see why Madrid are even interested in him unless its linked to commercial reasons.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I wonder if Pogba is taking the easy route if he moves to Madrid, weaker league and better players to carry him, wouldn't surprise me if he is hounded out of Madrid in a year or two.

Honestly cannot see why Madrid are even interested in him unless its linked to commercial reasons.

There are so many better players they could target. Weird signing.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
There are so many better players they could target. Weird signing.

When you look at 'rebuild' and you are Real Madrid with huge funds and draw power blowing 150mil on Pogba just seems stupid (which also fits them), I think they could sign any player in the world right now unless they are Ronaldo or from Barca, even though the latter is still doable for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom