• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,657
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good summer to be buying a CB, lot of top options will be on the market.

If the club makes top four I could honestly see us getting a top level CB, there’ll just be so many big names out there.

Malky

Established Member
Good summer to be buying a CB, lot of top options will be on the market.

If the club makes top four I could honestly see us getting a top level CB, there’ll just be so many big names out there.
I would love to think we would get one, unfortunately all the rumours around our defensive targets suggest we'll be going for a cheap option.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Joelinton to Newcastle for approx 50m in the daily star apparently.

Never heard of him but what a huge transfer fee for Mike Ashley to pay if it's true.

Has anyone seen Joelinton play ?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Joelinton to Newcastle for approx 50m in the daily star apparently.

Never heard of him but what a huge transfer fee for Mike Ashley to pay if it's true.

Has anyone seen Joelinton play ?

He's really been a revelation for Hoffenheim this year. Big, strong, powerful with lots of pace as well. Good passer and dribbler. He's like a bigger, stronger Firmino. Would be a great addition for the Toon, but I find it difficult to believe they would shell out that kind of money.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.de/watfor...issen-ist-unglaublich-ldquo-/view/news/330594

Elton John not only owns part of Watford FC, he also scouts the lower leagues for them:lol:

Watford CEO Scott Duxbury says John has a penchant for the lower leagues: "His expertise is unbelievable. He often messages or mails me: Are you watching this Championship game? He suggests players to us I have never before heard of. I relay those to our Scouting Department. They come back and tell me the players are great and we should scout them more."

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
https://www.transfermarkt.de/watfor...issen-ist-unglaublich-ldquo-/view/news/330594

Elton John not only owns part of Watford FC, he also scouts the lower leagues for them:lol:

Watford CEO Scott Duxbury says John has a penchant for the lower leagues: "His expertise is unbelievable. He often messages or mails me: Are you watching this Championship game? He suggests players to us I have never before heard of. I relay those to our Scouting Department. They come back and tell me the players are great and we should scout them more."

Reminds me of Stan

Toby

Reminds me of Stan

I don't think Kroenke watches any football or ever calls anyone at Arsenal - every once and a while there's maybe a telefax or something with "corporate strategy instructions".

I can't seriously judge what the Watford CEO is saying, and it's a funny story which is why I posted it, but I think Elton John's a decent guy and looking at his stint as Watford's chairman and director from '76 to '87, he invested decent money, got them a fitting manager for 10 years, they climbed three leagues to the First Division, ended up runners up in '83 and reached the FA Cup Final in '84. After both Taylor and John left in '87, the club began to struggle. I don't know how good of a scout Elton John is, but he seems like an adept and interested club runner, quite contrary to Stan

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't think Kroenke watches any football or ever calls anyone at Arsenal - every once and a while there's maybe a telefax or something with "corporate strategy instructions".

I can't seriously judge what the Watford CEO is saying, and it's a funny story which is why I posted it, but I think Elton John's a decent guy and looking at his stint as Watford's chairman and director from '76 to '87, he invested decent money, got them a fitting manager for 10 years, they climbed three leagues to the First Division, ended up runners up in '83 and reached the FA Cup Final in '84. After both Taylor and John left in '87, the club began to struggle. I don't know how good of a scout Elton John is, but he seems like an adept and interested club runner, quite contrary to Stan

I was being sarcastic ;)

I love Elton John !

Toby

I was being sarcastic ;)

I love Elton John !

One of my favourite memories of past days is when I was in Vienna for NYE maybe 10 years ago with some of my best friends, and we were out in a club, and the last song they played in the morning when the lights came on was Tiny Dancer. Fantastic memory.

Toby

Bayern not messing around

There's even more...

https://www.transfermarkt.de/bayern...on-alles-sicher-haben-ldquo-/view/news/330541

Hoeneß:
- "If you knew what we've already secured for next season..."
- "We will definitely get active in regards to central defence"
- "If we can get him [L. Hernandez], then I can imagine paying the 85m"
- "Boateng and Hummels have to make up their minds if they're up for the competition"
- "If Niko Kovac says he's in his plans, chances are good we'll sign him [James Rodriguez]. No decision has been made, yet. The player has given his signature and now it's up to us. Not bad, is it?"

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...ndash-havertz-werner-amp-co-/view/news/330679

This second article says Bayern are willing to invest more than 200m next summer. After having already signed Benjamin Pavard from VfB Stuttgart for 35m, their targets include Lucas Hernandez, Pépé, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Julian Brandt and Hudson-Odoi.

Bayern have apparently already agreed terms with Werner and his agent, while Havertz has already been a topic of discussion when Bayern signed Serge Gnabry, who is under contract at the same agency.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This second article says Bayern are willing to invest more than 200m next summer. After having already signed Benjamin Pavard from VfB Stuttgart for 35m, their targets include Lucas Hernandez, Pépé, Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Julian Brandt and Hudson-Odoi.
Wow. Isn't this unusual for Bayern? Don't usually have them down as huge spenders like this. For years our squad cost was higher than theirs. :lol:

Toby

Wow. Isn't this unusual for Bayern? Don't usually have them down as huge spenders like this. For years our squad cost was higher than theirs. :lol:

It rather is. But they've completely misjudged the performance levels of their squad in regards to top players being way beyond it and the younger players not delivering worldclass every week. They slept away rebuilding the squad over the last few seasons and getting rid of some, and now they feel pressured. They could have done this over the last 2,3 seasons, but as they missed it they now have to do it in one summer.

They try to hide their mistakes by now saying they always planned to only spend in 2019, because they wanted to give their older stars like Ribery and Robben a fitting farewell season and not have them ride the bench all the time in their last Bayern days. I mean this buffoon sentimentality is probably true, but that's just one factor. Bayern completely botched their squad planning over the last 3 or so seasons and now have to act.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There's even more...

https://www.transfermarkt.de/bayern...on-alles-sicher-haben-ldquo-/view/news/330541

Hoeneß:
- "If you knew what we've already secured for next season..."
- "We will definitely get active in regards to central defence"
- "If we can get him [L. Hernandez], then I can imagine paying the 85m"
- "Boateng and Hummels have to make up their minds if they're up for the competition"
- "If Niko Kovac says he's in his plans, chances are good we'll sign him [James Rodriguez]. No decision has been made, yet. The player has given his signature and now it's up to us. Not bad, is it?"

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...ndash-havertz-werner-amp-co-/view/news/330679

Bayern have apparently already agreed terms with Werner and his agent, while Havertz has already been a topic of discussion when Bayern signed Serge Gnabry, who is under contract at the same agency.

This could be good for us, as I’ve said all along it’s a great window to be in the market for a CB.

Bayern look to be done with Pavard and Lucas, meaning De Ligt and Koulibaly are still two big names out there who I’d want and may not have that many competitors for.

Toby

This could be good for us, as I’ve said all along it’s a great window to be in the market for a CB.

Bayern look to be done with Pavard and Lucas, meaning De Ligt and Koulibaly are still two big names out there who I’d want and may not have that many competitors for.

You don't think Barca, Juve, Real and Atletico will be in for CBs? With losing Godin and possibly Hernandez, Atletico will surely want to bring someone in? Real could sure use a young CB prospect, too. And bar Rugani all of Juve's CBs are north of 30.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Fantastic yet unrealistic options. Both of them.

An offer in excess of £90 million from Manchester United for Koulibaly was apparently turned down.

On top of what Ajax would ask for De Ligt there's Raiola's fee to contemplate as well.

Two huge talents that are out of our price range.

We'd be better served scouting other premier league / championship teams for potential players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You don't think Barca, Juve, Real and Atletico will be in for CBs? With losing Godin and possibly Hernandez, Atletico will surely want to bring someone in? Real could sure use a young CB prospect, too. And bar Rugani all of Juve's CBs are north of 30.

Well look at the market this summer; Skriniar, Boateng, Maguire and Alderweireld as well in terms of big names.

Then Eder Militao, Milenkovic, Konate, Upamecano and many more in the younger player category.

As for Atletico our options may be internal promotion. Savic will probably be first choice alongside Gimenez and more game time given to Montero who I think looks super talented.

Also Neuhen Perez has really impressed on loan and may be a part of the first team squad next year.

Most of the money will be spent on attacking positions and left back if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom