• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 640,688
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s down to numerous reasons. They didn’t spend anything last season, they’ve got a very low wage bill compared to the other teams they’re competing with, extra revenue from finishing in the top 4 and reaching the CL final.

Potentially, they could just be trying to convince Poch to stay and snub Juventus.
i really dont think they are in position to spend big specially after building stadium they'll have to sell one of their top players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We are stages below them.
Until recently we've been stages below them squad quality wise.

Now they might actually sign players I'm gonna be hit with another depressing blow, that they can actuall afford and attract very good players :(

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It does seem like Sp**s are preparing to spend the money from a big departure this window.

But at the end of the day they broke the record for profit made by an English club recently (yes I know the record will always be changing but their profit margins were much higher than ours). They're playing consistent CL football and their wage structure is so low, its actually a joke how their big players havent left yet.

I just wish United werent stupid and did everything they could to sign Poch, hes keeping them together for sure.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It does seem like Sp**s are preparing to spend the money from a big departure this window.

But at the end of the day they broke the record for profit made by an English club recently (yes I know the record will always be changing but their profit margins were much higher than ours). They're playing consistent CL football and their wage structure is so low, its actually a joke how their big players havent left yet.

I just wish United werent stupid and did everything they could to sign Poch, hes keeping them together for sure.

Juve could get Poch, that'd make a lot of sense for them. But yeah, there's no falling off a cliff for Sp*rs, they've very cleverly consolidated their position in the top 6. They don't even need to spend 200m, just splashes of quality in certain positions. Wouldn't be surprised if they go big for someone like Ndombele.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Juve could get Poch, that'd make a lot of sense for them. But yeah, there's no falling off a cliff for Sp*rs, they've very cleverly consolidated their position in the top 6. They don't even need to spend 200m, just splashes of quality in certain positions. Wouldn't be surprised if they go big for someone like Ndombele.
Yes I guess they've fantastically managed themselves into the top6. They are perhaps the club which has profited most from the increased revenue and money in the premier league. They financed their stadium at a much better time than us; and have been lucky with how good Poch has done and how he has kept his players together.

I just pray that maybe one day when Poch leaves and their players eventually leave and dont neccessarily get replaced well enough; they will slip back down? Is it possible? I guess I havent ever even accepted the possibility that Sp**s have somehow managed to cement themselves as a club of the same profile as us... does our bigger fanbase even matter that much anymore? I dont think it does tbh. Depressing times

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Yes I guess they've fantastically managed themselves into the top6. They are perhaps the club which has profited most from the increased revenue and money in the premier league. They financed their stadium at a much better time than us; and have been lucky with how good Poch has done and how he has kept his players together.

I just pray that maybe one day when Poch leaves and their players eventually leave and dont neccessarily get replaced well enough; they will slip back down? Is it possible? I guess I havent ever even accepted the possibility that Sp**s have somehow managed to cement themselves as a club of the same profile as us... does our bigger fanbase even matter that much anymore? I dont think it does tbh. Depressing times

Nah once you have a stadium like that and you've reached a CL final, you've arrived as a big club. If they made a string of terrible decisions then they could slip to a Europa League club, like we have, but they're not going back to what they were for so long.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nah once you have a stadium like that and you've reached a CL final, you've arrived as a big club. If they made a string of terrible decisions then they could slip to a Europa League club, like we have, but they're not going back to what they were for so long.
Its crazy how decades of being the bigger and better side can go down the toilet in such a short space of time. Tv money is making a club's success hinge on how they best use those resources. Back in the 90's for example a much higher % of a club's revenue was from mechandise sales and attendance to games. I think its why United and Arsenal are so far behind right now. Because of our dominance over those years we took longer to realise and change the structure of our clubs to suit modern football. Its all about resource management and players investment now. There's so much money that if you dont use yours wisely and someone else does; they're gonna create a massive short term gap between you. Thats what we're seeing right now imo

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Is this the same Sp**s who finished a whopping 1 point ahead of us (through no brilliance of their mind you) & managed to spectacularly fluke their way to a Champions League final?

I'm not losing any sleep over their turn of fortune. Football is cyclical, we simply went stale when it was clear that Arsène should've left after we beat Hull in that cup final. Instead he stuck around for another 4 summers allowing the rot to set in.

With some astute signings & employing the right people , we'll be back on our feet (provided we avoid signing the Suarez's & Hermoso's of the world that is).

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Is this the same Sp**s who finished a whopping 1 point ahead of us (through no brilliance of their mind you) & managed to spectacularly fluke their way to a Champions League final?

I'm not losing any sleep over their turn of fortune. Football is cyclical, we simply went stale when it was clear that Arsène should've left after we beat Hull in that cup final. Instead he stuck around for another 4 summers allowing the rot to set in.

With some astute signings & employing the right people , we'll be back on our feet (provided we avoid signing the Suarez's & Hermoso's of the world that is).

Right but the scale of our mismanagement has been so epic that it'll take a while to turn the ship around. Likewise Sp*rs have managed their fortunes so well, and nothing indicates that's suddenly about to stop, that they're not going anywhere.

Arsenal is the bigger club, eventually it will rise to the surface again and the natural order will be restored. But it will take effort, and the gap won't be as big as it used to be. About time Arsenal fans accepted that.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Right but the scale of our mismanagement has been so epic that it'll take a while to turn the ship around. Likewise Sp*rs have managed their fortunes so well, and nothing indicates that's suddenly about to stop, that they're not going anywhere.

Arsenal is the bigger club, eventually it will rise to the surface again and the natural order will be restored. But it will take effort, and the gap won't be as big as it used to be. About time Arsenal fans accepted that.

Well said. I don't want them to go anywhere, I want them to be at the height of their powers when we win our 14th title before they nab their 3rd.

GDeep™

League is very weak
City linked with Maguire, while Utd are offering De Ligt nearly 250K a week.

Don’t think Barcelona can compete with those wages if De Ligt is looking to get paid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
City linked with Maguire, while Utd are offering De Ligt nearly 250K a week.

Don’t think Barcelona can compete with those wages if De Ligt is looking to get paid.
Barca seem abandoned the idea getting de Ligt because of him demanding huge wages. So yeah won't be surprised manutd spend 100M and give 200k a week

GDeep™

League is very weak
Barca seem abandoned the idea getting de Ligt because of him demanding huge wages. So yeah won't be surprised manutd spend 100M and give 200k a week
This is the thing, people always say “who will join Utd” given the rubbish state they are in, but when you can offer big transfer fees and big wages you can still sign most players.

Think De Ligt will join City, Utd or Liverpool. He probably prefers Barcelona but they aren’t going to compete with English clubs for a 20 year old CB.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is the thing, people always say “who will join Utd” given the rubbish state they are in, but when you can offer big transfer fees and big wages you can still sign most players.

Think De Ligt will join City, Utd or Liverpool. He probably prefers Barcelona but they aren’t going to compete with English clubs for a 20 year old CB.

It's not about what the club's offer. It's about who HE wants to join. Ajax will accept a reasonable bid for the development of their major national team prospects.

Say Man United offer 200k a week, 80 million fee.

Barca offer 120k a week, 70 million fee.

If De Ligt wants to go Barca. That's where he is going.

United have the money, but I don't feel they have the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom