• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,445
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know about Ake, he’s got the tools of a good defender but I feel a lot of the hype is because he’s homegrown.

Watching him he looks talented but Bournemouth keep conceding like 3 a game. They’ve only conceded two less than Norwich ffs.
My biggest worry as well. You’d think if he was all that they’d be a little bit more solid. At the same time, Bournemouth isn’t really a team who prioritizes defence and central midfield and defence is pretty **** apart from Aké.

All in all I want to keep thinking he’d be a very good pick up

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My biggest worry as well. You’d think if he was all that they’d be a little bit more solid. At the same time, Bournemouth isn’t really a team who prioritizes defence and central midfield and defence is pretty **** apart from Aké.

All in all I want to keep thinking he’d be a very good pick up

This year they’ve tried to be more compact as a team and play on the break but they look leakier than ever.

Don’t know if it’s Howe or the players but it’s a bit suspect.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don’t know about Ake, he’s got the tools of a good defender but I feel a lot of the hype is because he’s homegrown.

Watching him he looks talented but Bournemouth keep conceding like 3 a game. They’ve only conceded two less than Norwich ffs.

I thought about this when I watched them against United the other day. I think their entire defense, including the midfielders responsible for contributing to the defense, are terrible. Aké is the only good defender they have and he's the type of defender that requires a more taller, more stable center-back next to him - more of an interceptor who pushes forward aggressively. I think he'd shine next to Saliba for that reason.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not sure on Ake, sometimes when a team is as bad as Bournemouth players stand out just for being the best of a bad bunch, example; Chambers at Fulham, looked great at Fulham but not the level we require.

Ake depending on the price is somewhat of a risk for me.

How much would Brighton want for Ben White, I remember seeing him early on in the season and being very impressed but cant say I followed his progress throughout, I'm guessing Leeds will be im for a permanent move?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not sure on Ake, sometimes when a team is as bad as Bournemouth players stand out just for being the best of a bad bunch, example; Chambers at Fulham, looked great at Fulham but not the level we require.

Ake depending on the price is somewhat of a risk for me.

How much would Brighton want for Ben White, I remember seeing him early on in the season and being very impressed but cant say I followed his progress throughout, I'm guessing Leeds will be im for a permanent move?

With Aké the intrigue comes from his attributes rather than his performances. Very quick defender, excellent with the ball at his feet, left-footed. The PL experience is another factor.

I do agree that we shouldn't overpay for him though. There are cheaper options available outside the PL.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
With Aké the intrigue comes from his attributes rather than his performances. Very quick defender, excellent with the ball at his feet, left-footed. The PL experience is another factor.

I do agree that we shouldn't overpay for him though. There are cheaper options available outside the PL.

Thats why I put Ben White into the question, he would be cheaper than Ake I imagine, a lot younger and been pretty decent when I've seen him, just lacks PL experience BUT Ake's PL 'experience' has been full of goals against so I dont know..?

All depends how much Bournemouth are asking I suppose as they will definitely go down in my opinion so cant be crazy amounts.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

On another note: Bayern really doing the business right now. They're massively investing in their academy, signing young players left and right.

Their second team just won the 3rd league and is only prohibited from getting into the 2. Bundesliga by the rule that there always has to be one division between a first and a second team. Never before has a second team actually won a 3rd league.

Batista Meier, Wriedt, Dajaku, Singh, Stiller, Mai, Früchtl, etc. They've got a decent crop of promising young player in Bayern II.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wtf is going on at Barca? They've done some horrendous business the past few years. They're in for a massive reality check the day Messi goes.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Luis Campos is possibly the best DoF in the world. Turning Lille around massively after his work at Monaco.

Rumours Newcastle had an approach for him rejected, I’d love him here. Unreal scouting ability.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Luis Campos is possibly the best DoF in the world. Turning Lille around massively after his work at Monaco.

Rumours Newcastle had an approach for him rejected, I’d love him here. Unreal scouting ability.
Rejected Sp**s too i think mourinho wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom