• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,839
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Just make the european window start in June and end before August?

Don't know. Sometimes the CL/EL final is in June. I'd keep it from 1. July to 31. August/1. September, but for all european leagues. That would be a first right step. Then after that maybe think about disallowing domestic transfers once the domestic leagues have started. That would mean you could still lose a player late in the window, but not to a direct league rival, which would give smaller clubs a little more safety in their plans, and you could still go out shopping internationally.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well Wenger always hated the window running until September so maybe it’s something he can change in his new FIFA role.

And as Arsenal manager it was clear why. Financially, the club wasn't up there with the richest, so you build your team and think you're finished with that by the league start in mid August and you maybe get your first XI settled in those first games, then in early September some super rich club comes in and poaches your best player with a big money move, and now everyone knows your in need to buy and that you got cash. It's even harsher for smaller teams. Imagine City lose two of their wingers to injury right before the window closes, they just go out and say buy Leicester's or Wolverhampton's or whoever's best winger for big money and the selling club is ****ed - and double so because the competition has already begun and you thought you were done with transfers and got your season's team together. It's actually bogus you can still go out and buy after competitions have started.

benjamin86

Established Member
Don't know. Sometimes the CL/EL final is in June. I'd keep it from 1. July to 31. August/1. September, but for all european leagues. That would be a first right step. Then after that maybe think about disallowing domestic transfers once the domestic leagues have started. That would mean you could still lose a player late in the window, but not to a direct league rival, which would give smaller clubs a little more safety in their plans, and you could still go out shopping internationally.
I don't think there would be any issue in having it start after the CL/EL final and ending July 31st, nothing happens in most of the current window until late July anyway.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Best of luck to him, top player despite what many opposition fans say.
Think most know he's class, they just deny it because of who he plays for. If he leaves, the same fans will say it's a huge loss for United.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Best of luck to him, top player despite what many opposition fans say.

Hopefully we sell him after the Euros, he'll remind teams that he's truly a world class player playing for France and that should coincide with a big price tag.

Think that would be a big blow for yous, only 26 too...just need to use him in the right role.

Will miss Souness blaming everything wrong with United on him though...didn't he once say Pogba should be more of a role model for Lingard, despite being younger than him...I think this is true, please tell me this is true! :lol:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Think that would be a big blow for yous, only 26 too...just need to use him in the right role.

Will miss Souness blaming everything wrong with United on him though...didn't he once say Pogba should be more of a role model for Lingard, despite being younger than him...I think this is true, please tell me this is true! :lol:

Just frustrating with all the surgery/injuries that we haven't even been able to make the most of him whilst he's here. He's barely played this season.

Hoping he can have some impact in the latter Europa league. Then maybe we get lucky and sign Grealish in the summer.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I don't think there would be any issue in having it start after the CL/EL final and ending July 31st, nothing happens in most of the current window until late July anyway.

Have to agree with this, June 1st - July 31st with the CL being before June.

Thats 2 months, stop these drawn out transfer saga's and once August hits and your competitions start you better be ready, it should help clubs improve off field as well, if you messed up your transfer window before the seasons start then tough **** you wait til January.

I'd even be happy if they just made it July 1st - 31st and its done, as exciting as it can be signing new players the transfer window is quite a boring slog of daily nonsense.

TheIceman85

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How is Someone earning £650k/week at Athleitco?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I think it was the handout after he took them to CL finals and won the league, they looked like they were going to be a new challenger to the big two at the time with his winning mentality, add that he played for them too and I guess it was thought of as a match made in heaven to Atletico.

Personally I would love him at Arsenal and he would be my first choice.

I highly doubt he will never get another contract like that again and it was just a perfect match, in hindsight I wonder if Atletico would offer him that again.

African Flair

He got that contract when the moved in to the new stadium. I think it was up that summer, he and Griezman was heavily linked away. Sure he was giving a blank sheet to stay for the new phase, they bet on a new puch that wasn't there to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom