• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,637
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Werner would be a top signing for Chelsea, at the same time though why on earth would you spend 60-80 on someone like Chilwell? He's not worth that much no way. I thought not many clubs had all that much money this window anyway.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Werner would be a top signing for Chelsea, at the same time though why on earth would you spend 60-80 on someone like Chilwell? He's not worth that much no way. I thought not many clubs had all that much money this window anyway.
No one is paying that much for Chilwell. It's all Media BS tbh

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to them, Fabrizio said that they'll move onto Tagliafico if any deal with Leicester doesn't work out.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Pulisic---Werner---Ziyech

Chillwell and James as full backs. Loftus-Cheek returning, a centre back and they are good to go. That's how you rebuild.

That's how you rebuild if your a soulless oil club who can pay £85 m in release clauses for Ziyech and Werner in one instalment. Our transfer budget is usually half of that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's how you rebuild if your a soulless oil club who can pay £85 m in release clauses for Ziyech and Werner in one instalment. Our transfer budget is usually half of that.
Haven’t we significantly outspent them the last 4-5 seasons?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Pulisic---Werner---Ziyech

Chillwell and James as full backs. Loftus-Cheek returning, a centre back and they are good to go. That's how you rebuild.

That front 3 will get bullied into submission.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

If you go back to 2016 (not including the latest transfers) we’ve spent about €170m more than them net. If you include their summer business so far we’ve still spent more than them.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Just trying to remember which mug I was arguing with that Abraham and Mount won't be starting next year if they're serious.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure Werner will be great but not sure about their set up & senior attacking talents like Willian & Pedro exiting so soon after Hazard. Think they will sign another reliable attacker.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I have no idea, I don't really follow other teams spending closely but the point I was making is that we pay in instalments over several years. Last summer we spent around £120 m but only the first instalments, around £40 m after sales. I think even Torreira we negotiated to pay £30 m in instalments rather than pay the £25 m release clause in one go.

I don't think we have ever spent even close to £85 m there and then in a transfer window, release clauses have to be paid in full.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If you go back to 2016 (not including the latest transfers) we’ve spent about €170m more than them net. If you include their summer business so far we’ve still spent more than them.

The fact that they had a 12 month transfer ban during that period and sold Hazard for 146 m Euros skews the figures somewhat.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I've been running jokes on Chelsea for months, but if they sign Werner, I'm taking them seriously even eutu Fat Frank in charge.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Looks like Leipzig have a Werner replacement ready and waiting at their jaegerbomb brothers in Austria

EZr5AUAWAAAj8Pl

EZr42roXkAE_JbU

On the Stuttgart transfermarkt forum there's this guy who is obviously working as a scout or something and has inside knowledge about the club, and he's been really high on Daka. Said he was under the radar due to Haaland, but that Daka has massive potential.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On the Stuttgart transfermarkt forum there's this guy who is obviously working as a scout or something and has inside knowledge about the club, and he's been really high on Daka. Said he was under the radar due to Haaland, but that Daka has massive potential.

Yeah, feels like the sort of player a smart Bundesliga club will pick up relatively cheaply and develop into a star.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Man city and PsG both want Bennacer. Strange we never brought him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom