• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,465
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was Raul even here when Bennacer got sold?
Nope, but the agenda merchants will have you believe otherwise. He was deemed not good enough by Wenger, but they'll never admit it. Everything is Raul's fault apparently. Even our dropping out of the CL was his fault

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Nope, but the agenda merchants will have you believe otherwise. He was deemed not good enough by Wenger, but they'll never admit it. Everything is Raul's fault apparently. Even our dropping out of the CL was his fault
Our fanbase is poison obviously

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We put in a clause to buy Bennacer back which was very low but chose not to activate last summer yet spend more on random loan fees.

It looked a pretty poor decision last summer. Looks ****ing stupid this summer now the big dogs sniffing round.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We put in a clause to buy Bennacer back which was very low but chose not to activate last summer yet spend more on random loan fees.

It looked a pretty poor decision last summer. Looks ****ing stupid this summer now the big dogs sniffing round.

We for once actually did the smart thing selling him with a buy back clause.. Now I haven't seen him play since he was here, but if he was impressing as much as the reports said, it looks pretty stupid not activating the clause, especially considering the state our midfield was/is in..

GDeep™

League is very weak
https://www.derwesten.de/sport/fuss...ed-jadon-sancho-wechsel-news-id229269824.html

ManU supposedly given up on Sancho because they dont have the money for it.

Might be a surprise to some, but this pandemic isn't our problem only.

Maybe they'll turn to Grealish or more hopefully to someone not worth it
Utd are looking elsewhere because Dortmund aren’t budging on the price. The alternatives they are looking at are not cheap either, Grealish will be 60M for a player who has had one top season in the PL. Utd are also linked with other players.

They don’t want to spend everything on Sancho.

Grealish is a local player to me, wanted him years ago, would’ve cost 10M at one point. I wouldn’t spend 60/70M on him if we had the cash.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Utd are looking elsewhere because Dortmund aren’t budging on the price. The alternatives they are looking at are not cheap either, Grealish will be 60M for a player who has had one top season in the PL. Utd are also linked with other players.

Grealish is a local player to me, wanted him years ago, would’ve cost 10M at one point. I wouldn’t spend 60/70M on him if we had the cash.
In the summer of 2018. when Sp**s didn't sign a single player, Grealish was supposed to join for 25m but for some reason never happened

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Yep, a few of us discussed this in the wish list thread last summer. Could've had him back for £4m and given him a season here - even if it didn't work out his stock would've still been high enough in Italy to make a tidy profit on the buy back fee.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

If you read my post again you'll find nothing negative about Grealish, rather the opposite, I think highly of him and would welcome him with us, but it's probably to big o a stretch.

My claim remains, you see financial problems all over the place and people once thinking ManU and some other will splash 100m+ on Sancho, 60+ om Grealish and another 80m on Koulibaly will find themselves shocked.

They'll basically will have to stretch to max 80-90m max and it'll be highly important for them to do it right as the pressure is on, similar to us.

They've got huge debt and revenue is shortened by the pandemic.
It's all to be decided and played out between pretty much everyone except the top dogs out of reach.

If you'd go by the 2020 calendar year, neither ManU nor Chelsea have performed better than us and we haven't even seen much of Arteta's full vision yet as he's had no way to teach it.

We have several advantages even as of now, we've most likely got the best youth setup coming up and for many of us, probably the superior manager.

We have the biggest imbalance of all the big clubs and thus, fixing that imcalance in midfield gives you a much bigger upside as it would give Chelsea/ManU. Their problem much rather is a team not that great overall, pretty much all short of being top class, a few exceptions or a lot of young kids as with Chelsea.

If Arteta even comes good half as much as he's expected for most of us and if we just manage to get one of those much needed big incomings in midfield like Partey + Saliba, you'll find us go ahead quite easily.

And I'm certainly much more worried about Chelsea looking at what they are going to add to their side, but it isn't now, it's next season which is a totally unknown.

Their is no gap between Chelsea, ManU and us now. Just some points that we lost with Emery and a toxic atmosphere

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Yep, a few of us discussed this in the wish list thread last summer. Could've had him back for £4m and given him a season here - even if it didn't work out his stock would've still been high enough in Italy to make a tidy profit on the buy back fee.

Example:

If he's in demand then buying him back just to sell is what any smart club would do, which is exactly why we probably won't end up doing it :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund value Sancho between 100m-120m I'm surprise utd can't pay that even with the crisis going on

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you read my post again you'll find nothing negative about Grealish, rather the opposite, I think highly of him and would welcome him with us, but it's probably to big o a stretch.

My claim remains, you see financial problems all over the place and people once thinking ManU and some other will splash 100m+ on Sancho, 60+ om Grealish and another 80m on Koulibaly will find themselves shocked.

They'll basically will have to stretch to max 80-90m max and it'll be highly important for them to do it right as the pressure is on, similar to us.

It's all to be decided and played out between pretty much everyone except the top dogs out of reach.

If you'd go by the 2020 calendar year, neither ManU nor Chelsea have performed better than us and we haven't even seen much of Arteta's full vision yet as he's had no way to teach it.

We have several advantages even as of now, we've most likely got the best youth setup coming up and for many of us, probably the superior manager.

We have the biggest imbalance of all the big clubs and thus, fixing that imcalance in midfield gives you a much bigger upside as it would give Chelsea/ManU. Their problem much rather is a team not that great overall, pretty much all short of being top class, a few exceptions or a lot of young kids as with Chelsea.

If Arteta even comes good half as much as he's expected for most of us and if we just manage to get one of those much needed big incomings in midfield like Partey + Saliba, you'll find us go ahead quite easily.

And I'm certainly much more worried about Chelsea looking at what they are going to add to their side, but it isn't now, it's next season which is a totally unknown.

Their is no gap between Chelsea, ManU and us now. Just some points that we lost with Emery and a toxic atmosphere

At the end of the day you need a wee bit of luck. Most successful teams revolve around a couple of players who exploded and propelled the team to a higher level. Liverpool's success has been fuelled by Salah's unexpected development, Wenger's early success probably wouldn't have happened if Vieira and Henry hadn't turned out to be all-time great midfielders and forwards, Barca's success of the last 15 years has been fuelled by one incredibly lucky find from Rosario.

We just haven't had that sort of player in a long time - a player who comes unheralded and exceeds all expectations to become truly world class. You can't orchestrate that, there's always an element of luck.

But who knows, Saliba looks like a candidate, as does Martinelli, and there's a decent supporting cast of characters around them. Hopefully there's a new era on the way.

Fwiw a guy like Partey would be fantastic, he'd improve the team for sure. But I don't think he's the guy who you build a whole new era around, he's not the next great midfielder. Somewhere out there is a young player who'll be the next great midfielder. Finding him would really be a game-changer.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Daniel James valued at 73.9m while Pogba is 50.6m :lol:

I remember when CIES valuation was popular here last summer..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
CIES value players on thier performance i guess. still thier valuation not realistic

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
At the end of the day you need a wee bit of luck. Most successful teams revolve around a couple of players who exploded and propelled the team to a higher level. Liverpool's success has been fuelled by Salah's unexpected development, Wenger's early success probably wouldn't have happened if Vieira and Henry hadn't turned out to be all-time great midfielders and forwards, Barca's success of the last 15 years has been fuelled by one incredibly lucky find from Rosario.

We just haven't had that sort of player in a long time - a player who comes unheralded and exceeds all expectations to become truly world class. You can't orchestrate that, there's always an element of luck.

But who knows, Saliba looks like a candidate, as does Martinelli, and there's a decent supporting cast of characters around them. Hopefully there's a new era on the way.

Fwiw a guy like Partey would be fantastic, he'd improve the team for sure. But I don't think he's the guy who you build a whole new era around, he's not the next great midfielder. Somewhere out there is a young player who'll be the next great midfielder. Finding him would really be a game-changer.

Agree on the luck part and you'll obviously need players with potential and will, but if you'd bring up Liverpool as the example, I'd say it rather highlights the opposite.

Liverpool's team isn't absurdly good, it's just playing to their maximum potential and everyone works perfectly for the team.
That's more another showcase of Klopp's outstanding work which is probably beyond what I've seen prior in my life.

He's done the exact same stuff at Dortmund and he'd do it again somewhere else.

That's also why a new manager, if actually really good, can change everything.

Arteta might, he might not. But at least the signs for it are looking good.

Last edited:

Goonger

Good Post. I actually just checked the calander year table, & we are actually joint 2nd, the only team that was unbeaten, & with the joint least goals against with Sheffield Utd.

Now I know it was a very small sample size, but that's quite an improvement in that short spell of time.

However on here & all the other fan bases are just so dismissive of us because it's been under the radar, but go on to Red Cafe & they are sure they will be league challengers next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom