• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 448,454
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sterling can play on the left, we can drop Pepe for all I care tbh he's not that good.
Fair enough.

Personally I dont see the need for Sterling (probably the way some don't see the need for Ben White) and arguably Pepe was our best player in the last few games so I'd hope he retains his starting place. Dropping him would be a logical if not at least unfair outcome.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Imagine paying 100m and 125m respectfully for Grealish and Kane because they are English. Just go abroad and pick up better value elsewhere.

Angry-Meme-021.jpg

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I'd still be surprised if it happens this summer but I can't begrudge him the move. It would certainly make the ESR pursuit make more sense (Oh but that's all PR and "trolling" isn't it?)

Talksport and Sky already climbing down over these reports by the way. They're now saying it's "hopeful" a deal will be done.

We'll see. £100m is about right if he does go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Its done lol, Villa wouldn't be bidding for ESR otherwise. They know its coming, they know he's going. It will probably be £85M + £15M add ons.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

There's nobody abroad as good as Grealish right now. Same with Kane unless you spend £200M on Haaland or £300M on Mbappe.
Benzema, Ronaldo, Calvert Lewin, Lewandowski and Lukaku could all be bought for less than 125m and would represent better value. Depay just moved to Barcelona on a free, Sancho is moving to United for less than the Grealish fee by the AM drive for value those represent better options surely?

I'm just arguing this because value is such a silly concept in football. Value is irrelevant. Signing a player that delivers is all that matters doesn't matter if that players costs 1m or 125m.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Benzema, Ronaldo, Calvert Lewin, Lewandowski and Lukaku could all be bought for less than 125m and would represent better value. Depay just moved to Barcelona on a free, Sancho is moving to United for less than the Grealish fee by the AM drive for value those represent better options surely?

I'm just arguing this because value is such a silly concept in football. Value is irrelevant. Signing a player that delivers is all that matters doesn't matter if that players costs 1m or 125m.
I was going to say the same thing.
Value doesn't matter to a club like Man City.

Why would they sign DCL for better "value" when they can sign Kane who is just better

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

That’s only for City or the other oil clubs though. if City pays a lot and the player flops, they will just move on and spend big on another player again. Other clubs will be stuck trying to make it work.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

City should sign Giroud and Willian for 5m combined, fantastic value.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's just going to be extremely difficult for teams to match city power don't think Chelsea or manutd can even come close man city have ability to go 150m for player without problems unlike utd who been dealing with Sancho for 2 years and look to get best deal possible. And we all worried about us spending 45m on white ffs the difference is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom