• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 447,356
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Villa £30M bid for Leon Bailey supposedly. Tell me Grealish is leaving without telling me Grealish is leaving.

They can still have this though:

Luiz - McGinn
Bailey - Buendia - Grealish
Watkins
Signing Buendia and Bailey will be a good message to Grealish that they mean business next season which could convince Grealish and hopefully these signings convince him to stay.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They can still have this though:

Luiz - McGinn
Bailey - Buendia - Grealish
Watkins
Signing Buendia and Bailey will be a good message to Grealish that they mean business next season which could convince Grealish and hopefully these signings convince him to stay.

Buendia has never played AM. Why would he suddenly just go there?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool do it again. Apparently no club in Europe has any money to spend yet they are able to get £10m for a player who was clearly never going to make it into their team. No loans, no derisoy bids etc. Then they do even better managing to squeeze £6.5m out of Union Berlin for a player that has never even played for them. Impressive...considering we couldn't get half that amount and only as an option for Mavro from Stuttgart.
Except both those players have been repeatedly out on loan.. Grujic has been on loan 4 times, most recently to Porto who are now buying him. Awoniyi has been on 7 loan spells, most recently to Union Berlin who are now buying him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Villa £30M bid for Leon Bailey supposedly. Tell me Grealish is leaving without telling me Grealish is leaving.

Not saying you're wrong as he may well be but I keep hearing Villa are getting backed by there owners to keep the progress going.

I imagine IF Grealish is to sign this new contract being reported it will be a situation where signings were promised.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Except both those players have been repeatedly out on loan.. Grujic has been on loan 4 times, most recently to Porto who are now buying him. Awoniyi has been on 7 loan spells, most recently to Union Berlin who are now buying him.
I meant no loans with option to buy in this case. Anyway people here always try to highlight a particular reason why they manage to get good money for their players. The facts are they get a good fee regardless of the circumstances surrounding that player.

Whatever that is getting ridiculously high fees selling to a premier league team, for players not even proven in the PL (Brewster, Solanke etc).

Getting £11m for a player aged 31 on big wages with just a year left on his contract, who was beset with injuries in the last two seasons (Lovren)

Getting a near world record transfer fee for a player wanted only by one club which the player himself had made absolutely clear it was the only club he wanted to go to (Coutinho)

Selling their 3rd choice GK who hadn't made a single league appearance for them for £12m to Leicester (incidentally that player still hasn't made a single league appearance for Leicester 3 years later).

If these were Arsenal players we would have been told at least one reason why we couldn't expect to get any decent fees for them (high wages, lenght of contract, only wants one club etc)

Actually we have been in almost same situations before.

Coutinho - Fabregas
Look at what we got compared to them.

Lovren - Mustafi/Sokratis
No words needed here.

Brewster/Solanki - Mavropanos
This one isn't an exact comparison tbf and I do admit Mavro had a bad injury record. Still I rate him higher and he has shown far more potential then the Liverpool lads ever did yet we getting peanuts for him while they got a combined £43m for them.

In short Liverpool could probably sell their tea lady for a better price than we could selling an internationally capped player who played a dozen of games for us. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He played the entire PL season as a RW. Source: transfermarkt
I got a fair bit of stick on here for pointing that out :lol:

Carried on in the championship too and would explain their pursuit of ESR (I don’t think Villa we’re gonna sign him to play left wing). They still could do with a #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom