• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 448,061
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hate this crybaby diving ****
But have to appreciate his loyalty despite no chance of any trophies.
Man why couldn't rvp cesc nasri stay like this? I'm sure we would have won something especially when rvp hit his peak from 2011 to 2013 but other 2 went by then.

Reactions: A_G

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Why do some act up over the money? It isn't your ****ing money.

A lot of people on here act as if its their life savings, city want a world class striker, City sign a world class striker. Literally that simple.

Said this before, I got no idea how people come to the conclusion on whats too much or a bargain; a players value is determined on so many factors and whatever the buying club is willing to pay they have top level financial experts figuring it out.

Peoples valuations are based on how they value contribution which is complete guesswork before the player has kicked a ball for there new club.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Why do some act up over the money? It isn't your ****ing money.

A lot of people on here act as if its their life savings, city want a world class striker, City sign a world class striker. Literally that simple.

Because sometimes money can make or break club's fortunes.

This century Leeds and QPR overspent on dross and got relegated. The likes of Everton and WHU lost their oomph because of it.

On the other hand smart big money sales can turn the club's fortunes. See Liverpool and Leicester in recent history.

The way money is spent is absolutely crucial in the game.

If Sp**s get 160 million for Kane they will reinvest it to strengthen despite their debt and may increase the gap between us and them. Just like Liverpool did.

If we invest big money on dros like we did in the recent years we'll end up trailing even worse. We can't afford to make big money mistakes.

That's why every big money move within the league should concern us as well. We don't operate in a vacuum.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hate this crybaby diving ****
But have to appreciate his loyalty despite no chance of any trophies.
Man why couldn't rvp cesc nasri stay like this? I'm sure we would have won something especially when rvp hit his peak from 2011 to 2013 but other 2 went by then.

'Appreciate his loyalty'; get what you're saying but the man has just signed a new contract over a reported £200,000 a week which takes him upto 34 I believe.

Levy I doubt would have sold him and I also dont know where the suitors come from for his wages/transfer fee at 29.

Not convinced Son is staying out of loyalty, more like lack of options and high negotiation position with Kane supposedly leaving.

Son and his agent struck at the right time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Least Son is ending his career trophy-less, I can die a happy man now!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Son has made a good financial move here, and with more focus on him as their top CF, could still get a bigger move in the near future.

These sort of deals show the position Sp**s and ourselves are in, not able to secure key players because of our unattractiveness at the moment, instead being forced to offer big deals to keep our good players.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Get what you're saying but personally I think Kane will hit new heights at City, he's gonna bag goals wherever he is but at City it will all be on a plate for him, I reckon they will also manage him better with rotation, no more running into the ground as City can cover him or pull him out for a rest when not needed.
He will also have 0 resale value when they are done with him and only has 4-5 years left at the top. We’ve seen these deals turn bad often enough from Torres to Schevchenko at around the 28/29 mark the player starts to decline. 160m for him is an insane sum. You just know we would have got half of that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because sometimes money can make or break club's fortunes.

This century Leeds and QPR overspent on dross and got relegated. The likes of Everton and WHU lost their oomph because of it.

On the other hand smart big money sales can turn the club's fortunes. See Liverpool and Leicester in recent history.

The way money is spent is absolutely crucial in the game.

If Sp**s get 160 million for Kane they will reinvest it to strengthen despite their debt and may increase the gap between us and them. Just like Liverpool did.

If we invest big money on dros like we did in the recent years we'll end up trailing even worse. We can't afford to make big money mistakes.

That's why every big money move within the league should concern us as well. We don't operate in a vacuum.

If we spend £50M on White and he works and is perfect for what we need/is a success here whats the issue? Literally shouldn't be an issue.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A lot of people on here act as if the amount of money spent isn’t relevant for future of a club, when in fact it is vital.

Not when you have a multi billionaire owner, this isn't 20 years ago, we aren't Leeds United. I cant quite believe people are trying to say that the situations are even 1% similar to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom