• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 447,518
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m late to the convo, but I promise you guys Buendia was never coming here to play #10. I’m sure loads of attacking players think they play best behind the striker, but the reality is he just spent the 2 past seasons wide right in what is essentially a championship team.

As for Bernado Silva, he’s washed now. Slagging off the players we have currently, then spunking 50 mil on him is kinda ridiculous. He should embrace his bit part role at City instead of getting exposed here.

Gn1212

I’m late to the convo, but I promise you guys Buendia was never coming here to play #10. I’m sure loads of attacking players think they play best behind the striker, but the reality is he just spent the 2 past seasons wide right in what is essentially a championship team.

As for Bernado Silva, he’s washed now. Slagging off the players we have currently, then spunking 50 mil on him is kinda ridiculous. He should embrace his bit part role at City instead of getting exposed here.
He is 26 years old. Far from washed. If I had choose between Silva and Maddison, my pick will always be the former.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The game was more physical of course, but look at the defenders in the 1990s and 2000s...this current batch just can't compare.

The English game especially had a massive drink culture, some players were even drinking pre-match, there is no way the standard back then was better.

Nostalgia and names always bring back memories but give it another 20years and all todays top defenders will be remembered the same.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The English game especially had a massive drink culture, some players were even drinking pre-match, there is no way the standard back then was better.

Nostalgia and names always bring back memories but give it another 20years and all todays top defenders will be remembered the same.

Great avatar!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All sports are leaps better today than 20 years ago. It’s just nostalgia

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Toby Alderwierld is moving to Qatar. Sp**s got lucky with this one they getting 13m from him I'm really surprised he gave up on football already.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Need take lessons from Edwards how to sell mediocre players for good money. They really good at that they sold Guric for 10m few days ago too and we struggling to shift players like Nektiah Nelson AMN and willock who all young homegrown. Maybe we over value them but so does Liverpool

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Need take lessons from Edwards how to sell mediocre players for good money. They really good at that they sold Guric for 10m few days ago too and we struggling to shift players like Nektiah Nelson AMN and willock who all young homegrown. Maybe we over value them but so does Liverpool

We sold Mavro for peanuts as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's because they're good at selling them and we're not. It's called being well run.

I mean its a hell of a lot easier to sell a younger player on peanuts wages wise. Liverpool are good at selling because of their wage structure as a club.

Harry Wilson is on 15k a week at Liverpool, he'll probably be on max 30k a week at Fulham. So a £12M fee is great for all parties.

Even Guendouzi was on pretty hefty wages with us all things considered. Its insanely difficult to sell anyone for good fee's other than youngsters.

Hence why Palace offered 12M for Nketiah, AMN will probably go for £15M and we're demanding £20-25M for Willock.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean its a hell of a lot easier to sell a younger player on peanuts wages wise. Liverpool are good at selling because of their wage structure as a club.

Harry Wilson is on 15k a week at Liverpool, he'll probably be on max 30k a week at Fulham. So a £12M fee is great for all parties.

Even Guendouzi was on pretty hefty wages with us all things considered. Its insanely difficult to sell anyone for good fee's other than youngsters.

Hence why Palace offered 12M for Nketiah, AMN will probably go for £15M and we're demanding £20-25M for Willock.

Guendouzi, Eddie, et. al. are senior players, despite their age and even then their ages are not ridiculously high. ESR is on a lot more than they are iirc.

Didn't Guendouzi even get a wage bump at some point?

It really is that we're just not good at selling this particular type of player and it's nothing new or exclusive to this regime, despite having a highly rated academy.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Guendouzi, Eddie, et. al. are senior players, despite their age and even then their ages are not ridiculously high. ESR is on a lot more than they are iirc.

Didn't Guendouzi even get a wage bump at some point?

It really is that we're just not good at selling this particular type of player and it's nothing new or exclusive to this regime.

I mean I think we have a good track record with the type of player I mentioned. Iwobi/The Ox etc. And I think we'll continue that this summer with AMN/Willock and such. But yeah overall its a bit of a mess and just doesn't allow us to sell easily.

Liverpool never break their structure, or rarely break it. When they were out of europe they didn't really break their wage structure to desperately get back, they made poor signings but wages wise they didn't give 350k a week to players. And 100k+ a week to Kola/Mustafi/Xhaka type players.

I'm hoping this summer is the start of something new, lower wages, younger talents, good resale value across the board.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

We need to buy Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom